Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What kind of football fan are you?

+10
Keegan
Norpig
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

How much do you love BWFC.

What kind of football fan are you? Vote_lcap32%What kind of football fan are you? Vote_rcap 32% [ 10 ]
What kind of football fan are you? Vote_lcap55%What kind of football fan are you? Vote_rcap 55% [ 17 ]
What kind of football fan are you? Vote_lcap6%What kind of football fan are you? Vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
What kind of football fan are you? Vote_lcap0%What kind of football fan are you? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What kind of football fan are you? Vote_lcap0%What kind of football fan are you? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What kind of football fan are you? Vote_lcap6%What kind of football fan are you? Vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What kind of football fan are you? Empty What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 17:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does it ruin you afternoon if we lose, or have you come to the fact that all modern day footballers are greedy ponces, that only give a shit about their bank balances?

What kind of a fan are you? do you go just to shout and ball your frustrations, do you actually care? do you love BWFC more than anything else in the world?

I've done a poll to see what kind of fans we have on here.

RESPECT. :face2:

First option for me.

I'm just not feeling it any more.....

I'll always describe myself as a Bolton fan, but the urge to go and waste thirty quid on a ticket and the same again on travel, beer and pies just isn't there these days.

(And it's got nowt to do with where we are in the league, 'cos it started under Allardyce.)

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to bleed BWFC but I dont think they're worth fighting for anymore.

Does that mean you're disbanding the Ultras, boss?

Ah well, we'll always have the memories.

And the goose fat.......

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to live for BWFC. Making sure I was at the game, home or away, was always my top priority. It came before my job, my family and my friends. I once caused a family rift by not attending my Aunt's wedding to watch BWFC.

I think I cried when we got promoted at Wembley when we beat Reading 4-3.

But the modern footballer is a ponce, there are no characters anymore, no passion and no real desire to better themselves as players.

While I still give a shit, a couple more seasons of these ponces and Dougie's awful brand of football and I'll be joining the Chorley revolution.

Watching FC United and Chorley last night reminded me how football used to be before money took over.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Does that mean you're disbanding the Ultras, boss?

And the goose fat.......

Yeah, you'll never forget your up the bum memories.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Does that mean you're disbanding the Ultras, boss?

And the goose fat.......

Yeah, you'll never forget your up the bum memories.
 lol!

I went for the first one as well TBH.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, im still Ultras till i die,  its just hard to get fired up for these ponces.

Stuff like that tends to leave a lasting impression......

10What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 18:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bleed Bolton for me Smile

11What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 19:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've been in the fourth division! Man up for fucks sake!!!
Number 2 for me.

12What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 19:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:We've been in the fourth division! Man up for fucks sake!!!
Number 2 for me.

Its not about manning up, as i'm more of a man than you'll ever be.

Its about passion, there is none.

13What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 19:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:We've been in the fourth division! Man up for fucks sake!!!
Number 2 for me.

Its not about manning up, as i'm more of a man than you'll ever be.

Its about passion, there is none.
Well at least you've got your own word for being a better man than me, nothing else of course. Wink

14What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 21:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BWFC is my Achilles heel I guess.

I'm a fairly easy going type of a bloke who tends to be rational about most things yet if Bolton lose it puts a downer on things for the weekend - I won't even watch the highlights of the game - but if we win I'll happily sit for houes reading all about the match and / or watch as much as the match as I can. My behaviour doesn't even make sense to myself - I know it is only a game that ultimately as no meaning in life - yet for a few brief hours most weekends (a several midweeks) throughout the year - it somehow does matter to me - a lot.

I've must have been to around a thousand Wanderers games over the years - irrespective of how well or shite they had been playing - and travelled thousands of miles - to see us play at Brisbane Road, The Dell, Ashton Gate, Filbert Steet, Molineux, Dean Court and many, many other exotic sounding places.

I don't even like football anymore - the obscene amounts of money and the behaviour of those effected by it, as long since killed the game for me - yet I still tune in daily to find out what is going on at my club and more often than not hope against hope that we can win despite all the self inflicted obsticles of poor managers, badly run club, crap players and a debt that most third world countries can't even match, that we have saddled ourselves with - and I'm not just talking recently - remember 'lifeline' starting to save us from going bust - or selling Fransen to save us from the bank closing us down - selling half the ground to a supermarket (Normid) to pay the wages - and even selling the whole club to Eddie for a song because no one else would even touch us with a barge pole at that time!

No one could accuse long standing fans like me to be glory hunters either - I've seen the club sink from the top to the third level. Then the top to the fourth level. And now the top to hopefully not the fifth level and into the Conference!

I'm I a shit fan because I don't go to the games anymore? Am I stupid for going to so, so many in the past? Am I pathetic for caring if a group of young millionaires - not one of them with any prior connection with the town or even for many the county - can win a game or two of football for us?

I don't know, maybe I'm all three.

I don't care.

But I know I'll still be caring about the next game we play and always will until my dying breath.

COYWM.

15What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Wed Apr 09 2014, 21:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For the record Sluffy I think it will get worse before it gets any better, but it's certainly not the worst scenario we have seen. I'm not happy with what's going on but I've made a commitment for next season because I'm not ready to give up on  my team yet, and doubt I ever will. 
It may be blind faith but when your team picks you to follow and support them that's how it is.

16What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 09:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il renew my season ticket as its 'what I do' however, Ive become rather apathetic about us this season, im just not enjoying it as much as I used too.

As with Breaders, il ALWAYS be a Bolton fan and il always go and watch them, but the enjoyment has been sucked out of it of late. Its a combination of a boring, passionless team, boring passionless fans and the group of lads I used to go with getting depleted to the point of were most times im travelling to the game on my own now, no pre-match refreshments.

Il be honest, im looking at buying a house in Buckshaw Village right now and if I do, ive said to the Mrs when Bolton are not playing at home im going to go and have a look at chorley FC, just for a change.

17What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 09:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with BTID and SK on this. Like any long-term relationship, there are good times and bad and what we're currently experiencing is all part of the ride and a lot better than in previous times. Players, Managers, Owners and Directors come and go - and going by some of the responses on here that applies to fair weather fans too - but BWFC carries on and continues to evolve and adapt to changing times.

18What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 10:18

Am I a "fair weather" fan?

Not really - If we were still in the Prem and doing ok, I still wouldn't go.

I can't put my finger on exactly why this is the case, but that's where I am.

And I'm not alone because of the thirty or so of us who used to go from The Doffcocker when we first moved up to the Reebok, there are only a handful left.

Like Sluffy, I'm just not into football in general as much these days.

I'll still watch it on the box and I'm looking forward to Liverpool Vs City this weekend, but that in itself in unusual nowadays, as I struggle to get excited about games any more.

And if I'm honest, I struggle to understand this "I'm a Bolton fan who's always gone to matches, so I'll carry on because that's what I do" mentality.

Why does the fact that you've always done something mean you have to carry on doing it?

That's like Pavlov's dog......

19What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 10:50

Maybe I'll see it differently in a few years but my opinion is that it's the fans who change, not football. Posters on here often like to say football, pubs, music etc were better when they were younger, I'd guess they've just got older and their life, priorities and the friends they enjoyed it with have moved on.  

My support of Bolton is no different than it's ever been, I still look forward to matches and still enjoy discussing it. I think part of me still believes 'good times' are just around the corner again though, although there's only evidence to the contrary. Maybe once that delusion wears off I'll start to feel more negative about the whole thing.

20What kind of football fan are you? Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 11:21

"I think part of me still believes 'good times' are just around the corner again though, although there's only evidence to the contrary. Maybe once that delusion wears off I'll start to feel more negative about the whole thing."

But that's where I can't put my finger on why I've lost interest.

I was a t Notts County away on a wet Tuesday when we shipped a pan-ful of goals and I was at Scarborough and Wolves in the 4th division when we were utter shite.

Some of the stuff served up by Phil Neal's teams made the dire tripe played under Megson look like total-football.

It's got nothing to do with the division we're in or the standard of the football.

The game's moved on (not in a good way in my opinion) and the only thing it shares with the one I grew up watching is a name.

I dunno.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum