Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What kind of football fan are you?

+10
Keegan
Norpig
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

How much do you love BWFC.

What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% [ 10 ]
What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 55% [ 17 ]
What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:"I think part of me still believes 'good times' are just around the corner again though, although there's only evidence to the contrary. Maybe once that delusion wears off I'll start to feel more negative about the whole thing."

But that's where I can't put my finger on why I've lost interest.

I was a t Notts County away on a wet Tuesday when we shipped a pan-ful of goals and I was at Scarborough and Wolves in the 4th division when we were utter shite.

Some of the stuff served up by Phil Neal's teams made the dire tripe played under Megson look like total-football.

It's got nothing to do with the division we're in or the standard of the football.

The game's moved on (not in a good way in my opinion) and the only thing it shares with the one I grew up watching is a name.

I dunno.......
Hard to say why it's not as exciting for you as it used to be if that's the case. It could just be part of the natural cycle of changes of interest over time - the things I value have changes in relative importance over the years so I reckon it's normal. But even if your enthusiasm wanes a bit, I'll bet that no matter where you go in the world and how much life moves on, you'll always have an interest in BWFCs progress.
I still follow Stirling Albion's results as I used to go and watch the Binos at Annfield (wearing my Wanderers scarf of course) when I was a student there in the 70s (in between bouts of attacking the Queen whilst under the influence!) and the Binos are really shit - but I'll always have an interest.

22What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 12:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Il be honest, im looking at buying a house in Buckshaw Village right now and if I do, ive said to the Mrs when Bolton are not playing at home im going to go and have a look at chorley FC, just for a change.

Shall we car pool?

23What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 12:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Am I a "fair weather" fan?

Not really - If we were still in the Prem and doing ok, I still wouldn't go.

I can't put my finger on exactly why this is the case, but that's where I am.

And I'm not alone because of the thirty or so of us who used to go from The Doffcocker when we first moved up to the Reebok, there are only a handful left.

Like Sluffy, I'm just not into football in general as much these days.

I'll still watch it on the box and I'm looking forward to Liverpool Vs City this weekend, but that in itself in unusual nowadays, as I struggle to get excited about games any more.

And if I'm honest, I struggle to understand this "I'm a Bolton fan who's always gone to matches, so I'll carry on because that's what I do" mentality.

Why does the fact that you've always done something mean you have to carry on doing it?

That's like Pavlov's dog......

Because it's in my blood!! You've got it or you haven't, simple as.

24What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 12:52

Like AIDS?

But in a good way?

25What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i just can't see me not going to home games on a Saturday it would feel very odd not being there and i'm even trying to brainwash my 6 year old into coming with me. Might prove difficult seeing as he is a Manchester lad and all his friends support Utd or City but i will persevere.

Yes i have been feeling disillusioned for the last couple of seasons and the style of football has been poor to say the least but i will keep attending along as i am able to.

i have no problem with others who may or already have decided to not go, that is their own personal choice.

26What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 14:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Like AIDS?

But in a good way?

That's it!!

27What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 20:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd need another option to vote for. I love Bolton and cannot support any other English club. I've never had the pleasure of seeing the team live (it's on my Bucket List) but I was following our game with Doncaster and left it to do the current banner - and we were leading! It is becoming increasingly more difficult to be enthusiastic when the players don't seem to be.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

28What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 21:18

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bleed every time. I don't give a fuck which league we are in. I don't care how poncy football has become. I don't give a shit that we have to sit at matches. There is no chance I will ever fall out of love with my home town club. Too many emotional highs and lows over 38years of watching to let that happen!!

29What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 21:24

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CEF wrote:Bleed every time. I don't give a fuck which league we are in. I don't care how poncy football has become. I don't give a shit that we have to sit at matches. There is no chance I will ever fall out of love with my home town club. Too many emotional highs and lows over 38years of watching to let that happen!!
Bob on.

30What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 21:33

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Rebel - I live in Buckshaw - we must have a beer!!

31What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Thu Apr 10 2014, 22:25

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Whites are in my blood and no matter where I have been living I still want to watch them,hear about them,talk about them ??? Sad maybe but I dont give a fuck. Until I stop drawing breath it will remain so ! COYWM !!!!

32What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 07:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Bleed every time. I don't give a fuck which league we are in. I don't care how poncy football has become. I don't give a shit that we have to sit at matches. There is no chance I will ever fall out of love with my home town club. Too many emotional highs and lows over 38years of watching to let that happen!!

You need to get out more.

When you're on your deathbed and your great grandson asks you what you accomplished in life, do you really want to tell him you wasted it watching 22 men in tight shorts kicking a ball around a field?

33What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 07:58

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Better than pretending to be Preston's answer to Karen Brady, spending all my time on the tinters while waiting for a transgender op!! xx

34What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 08:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

35What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 09:14

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CEF wrote:Rebel - I live in Buckshaw - we must have a beer!!

Really?

Well, im going looking at a house on Monday and if I like it, im having it!

Is Buckshaw really the Utopia it sounds like or is it just another 'modern, upper working/middle class housing estate'?

...and whats the one pub like?

36What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 10:18

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Tbh, its a bit of both. People are friendly, good transport connections, shops increasing in number slowly. Pub is more of a eating establishment really.

If you like the house, make sure you have a good look round.

37What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 11:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Better than pretending to be Preston's answer to Karen Brady, spending all my time on the tinters while waiting for a transgender op!! xx
 lol!  Made me chuckle that did! Very Happy

38What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 12:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

When you're on your deathbed and your great grandson asks you what you accomplished in life,
Why would he ask that?

39What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 12:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From high school all the way through Uni Bolton was a huge huge passion for me.

Going to away games was my favourite thing in the world.

but It's just wained as I've gotten older and you could probably call me a casual fan now, even though I'm still passionate about the club, just not intensely like I used to be.

40What kind of football fan are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What kind of football fan are you? Fri Apr 11 2014, 14:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've had a season ticket in all but two seasons since I started taking an interest, age 8.

I've never been to a match purely out of support for the club. I'll gladly stop paying my money when I stop looking forward to the matches.

I set up a direct debit for my 14/15 season ticket last week. I know we're in for another shit season, but the least it will be is dramatic as always, and something to talk about.

I want the town to have a great team, because it's where I'm from, but to eat, bleed, shit, vomit and sleep a football club is too far for me.

I suppose that puts me somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd option.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum