Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former Southampton starlet Andy Robinson raring to go with Bolton Wanderers

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Robinson severed his 13-year ties with Southampton and looked immediately towards challenging for a place in Dougie Freedman’s first team at Wanderers.

The 21-year-old was sworn-in as a new signing yesterday after spending a short time on loan from St Mary’s at the end of last season.

Robinson has been brought in to provide competition for holding midfielders such as Jay Spearing, Medo Kamara and Liam Trotter – and is determined to hit the ground running when the squad returns at the end of June.

“The move itself is a real positive for me – I’m not looking past pre-season at the moment, but I’m just determined to come back, work hard and hopefully stake my claim for a place in the first team,” he told the club.

“Everybody will return after the summer break keen to impress, so it is important to make sure that you perform at your best to prove your worth to the manager and I’ll be doing everything I can to show what I’m capable of.”

Robinson was named on the bench on a handful of occasions at the end of last season, and Dougie Freedman believes his pedigree with the Saints should make him an interesting addition to the squad. “He is a young kid who I believe has got a lot of talent,” he said.

“Because of the situation at Southampton, of them going up another level to push for the top six, young players may drop away.

“But I think this kid can become a good player.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OOOOOOOOOO Andy Andy
Andy Andy Andy Andy Robinson!

Two years in the doldrums that is the Development Squad, two months on loan at somewhere glamorous like Brentford then we'll flog him to Torquay for about forty grand......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Two years in the doldrums that is the Development Squad, two months on loan at somewhere glamorous like Brentford then we'll flog him to Torquay for about forty grand......
You never know, Dougie might have turned a corner and decide to use the youngsters...

The again you probably have jinxed it now!  :biggrin:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll never start a league game, we all know that.

I'd advise him to buy a nice comfy cushion.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Two years in the doldrums that is the Development Squad

He's only signed a one year deal

Well he'll sign another one next year then, won't he, so he can continue to ply his trade in the reserves before we loan him to Brentford......

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Well he'll sign another one next year then, won't he, so he can continue to ply his trade in the reserves before we loan him to Brentford......

No. A one year deal suggests that freedman isn't messing around, if he fails to make the grade with our first team this coming season then he will leave

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:Well he'll sign another one next year then, won't he, so he can continue to ply his trade in the reserves before we loan him to Brentford......

No. A one year deal suggests that freedman isn't messing around, if he fails to make the grade with our first team this coming season then he will leave

What if Trotter fails to make the grade ?

is he messing around with him.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trotter has already proved he's a good championship player....

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Trotter has already proved he's a good championship player....

He scored a good goal but I wouldn't say he's a top six championship player, yet.

Do you think he'll be a million times better next season?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wasn't that impressive for us but he's proved he's a good player in this league at Ipswich and Millwall, he's had time to settle in for us and i think he will change a few opinions next season

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He wasn't that impressive for us but he's proved he's a good player in this league at Ipswich and Millwall, he's had time to settle in for us and i think he will change a few opinions next season

He could be our Yaya next season.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aslong as we don't forget to wish him happy birthday

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie gave the youngsters a chance towards the end of the season so that has to be an incentive to compete for a starting spot which is good all round.
The players who started last season couldn't imagine that the kids would replace them but I reckon Dougie's got them all on their toes now so I'd be surprised if we don't make a decent start this term.
I think that the development squad are finally fired up with the belief they can break into the first team - which is exactly how it should be and long overdue at this club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum