Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Queens Park Rangers after Mark Davies

+11
Hip Priest
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Queens Park Rangers after Mark Davies Empty Queens Park Rangers after Mark Davies Tue Jun 17 2014, 09:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Queens Park Rangers are set to make a formal bid for Bolton Wanderers midfielder Mark Davies.

Harry Redknapp is looking to strengthen his squad following promotion via the play-offs back to the Premier League.

And according to the Daily Mail, QPR are set to table a £3 million bid to tempt the Wolverhampton born midfielder to Loftus Road.

Davies was one of Bolton’s stand out performers last season, as the Trotters finished 14th in the Championship.

The 26 year old overcame a serious injury and made 18 appearances for Dougie Freedman’s side from December onwards.

Davies has also been a target for Swansea City over recent weeks and months, with QPR set to go toe to toe with the South Wales club.

The midfielder has made 154 League appearances since signing from Wolves in January 2009, having spent a short spell at Leicester City prior to his move to the Reebok.

However with Bolton’s crippling debts, a large fee maybe too much to turn down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trust me, this is bullshit. Mark hasn't heard a thing.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Won't be a big loss.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il be happy with this provided we use the money to fund a move for the Juke...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is exactly the same bullshit as the Chung Lee story.

Of course a Premier League side are going to want an injury prone midfielder who is anonymous the majority of the time in the fucking Championship.

:facepalm: 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Davies was one of Bolton’s stand out performers last season"

...must have missed that bit.

Did you write that article Nat?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If he performs in the bedroom as intermittently as he performs on the pitch, whoever he's shagging must be having a pretty frustrating time of it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:If he performs in the bedroom as intermittently as he performs on the pitch, whoever he's shagging must be having a pretty frustrating time of it.

When he gets going he's ace.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be glad to see him go, we need someone that can play 80% a season, not some soft fanny that goes missing most of the game, and is mostly injured.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:If he performs in the bedroom as intermittently as he performs on the pitch, whoever he's shagging must be having a pretty frustrating time of it.

When he gets going he's ace.

Make him wear tights....then you can laugh when his toes curl up.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he chooses to date a virgin then he lives the life of a monk!! If he was getting his end away he'd never make a game for us!!!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Il be happy with this provided we use the money to fund a move for the Juke...

Me too.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even if Mavies goes the money won't be spent on players. Apparently we can't even afford ONE million for Juke and Wolves are in with a better chance of getting him than us if the blue and white dingles don't. Remember we sold N'gog supposedly to fund a new player and then DF was told "no you have to get rid of someone else as well and you still can't buy anyone" after the deal was done. 

I'm lacking in hope for the coming season, partly because of the finances, partly because of the board and partly because of the manager in whom I have even less faith than I had in Gary Megson.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is the season young Douglas has to show some improvements, if he comes up short he will be gone. What his brief is is anyone's guess but I imagine that he will be expected to challenge for a play off place at least and on a shoestring budget but it can be done, organisaton and a having the right attitude can get you a long way in this league. We still have some quality in the team and I think we will be up there if we can get a striker in or Beckford / Sordell hit some form.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He has to stay. A world beater he definitely isn't but he's needed in order to keep Trotter and Pratley as far away from 1st team action as possible.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've spent too long living in hope.

Let's hope this player gets fit, let's hope he stays fit, let's hope this guy finally get's his act together, let's hope he finds some consistency.

It's time we started building a team on players we can rely on rather than ones that are always injured and/or useless in every nine in ten appearances.

No, Pratley and Trotter don't cut the mustard but that doesn't justify holding onto Mavies, were a generous offer to come in.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers cool talk of QPR offer for Mark Davies

Wanderers have shrugged off speculation linking midfielder Mark Davies with a £3million move to QPR.

Reports yesterday claimed that Harry Redknapp was ready to add the 26-year-old to his squad as he prepares for a new season in the Premier League.

But the rumour was batted away by sources at the club, who insist no contact has been made.

Davies has been linked with a steady stream of clubs over the last 18 months with Leicester City and Swansea City both long-time admirers of the talented former England youth player.

Wanderers are in a strong position should any interest materialise, however, with Dougie Freedman having secured his playmaker to a long-term contract last year that keeps him at the club until at least 2017.

Of more pressing interest to the Whites boss is making sure he can bank on the talented midfielder more often, with pre-season training now less than a fortnight away.

Davies managed just 18 games last season, scoring his solitary goal in the 5-1 thrashing of Leeds United.

Injuries were again a major factor for the former Wolves man, with a ruptured cruciate ligament accounting for the first few months of the campaign.

Davies then missed the final eight games because of groin problems, prompting his manager to issue a challenge for him to come back stronger.

“He needs to work on his condition,” Freedman told The Bolton News.

“You need to be very conditioned to play in my kind of team.

“When Mark gets his condition to where I believe it should be then his quality should make him a huge asset.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We need to hold on to our best players. We have Holden coming back, playing alongside Sparky and Chungy, with A N Other (Prob Spearing in 4-4-2) will be the best midfield we have had for 2 seasons. The possibility of playing Holden, Mavies and Lee makes this coming season so much more exciting. If they can play and stay fit we will have a very dangerous midfield and will storm this league. Our only problem will be fending off other clubs interest come Christmas and with Holden on a pay-as-you-play could see him leave.

Some big ifs there though, anything we get out of Holden is a massive bonus realistically we can't expect him to come back given his record so far. Same with Lee, he need to step up if he stays as does Mavies.

If we played the system you suggest I assume it would be a diamond as there's only Lee who can play wide?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:Some big ifs there though, anything we get out of Holden is a massive bonus realistically we can't expect him to come back given his record so far. Same with Lee, he need to step up if he stays as does Mavies.

If we played the system you suggest I assume it would be a diamond as there's only Lee who can play wide?

No, I'd play Hall as the other wide man and have Holden and Mavies in the centre. I'd also play Ream behind Holden and Mavies as the holding midfielder as his passing is far better than Spearing's. I'd also give Hall and Mavies instructions to switch around and join the striker making it a 4-3-3. That team would have bags of pace and would be very dangerous on the counter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum