Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are we losing so many pubs.

+8
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Mr Brightside
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Tue Jun 17 2014, 21:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When were you last in The Ainsworth, SK?

It was owned by some vulgar Scottish woman for a year or so and went completely downhill, and was reopened a month or two ago after being refurbished under new ownership.

22Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Tue Jun 17 2014, 21:30

Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I like a few pints of Abbot Ale- Greene King.

23Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Tue Jun 17 2014, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Southern prices I know but how much for this round you think?

Pint of Bitter, pint of larger, coke and a bottle of Bud.

60p change out of £15!

Not even if the pub was anything special.

That's why pubs are closing down here.

24Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Tue Jun 17 2014, 22:42

Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I think its prices and mainly the greedy breweries, weatherspoons do very well at there prices.

25Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Tue Jun 17 2014, 23:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Southern prices I know but how much for this round you think?

Pint of Bitter, pint of larger, coke and a bottle of Bud.

60p change out of £15!

Not even if the pub was anything special.

That's why pubs are closing down here.

There used to be a pub on Rathbone Place, just off Oxford Street, that was called The Black Horse and it was quite cheap for London - in fact the prices were about the same as prices in Manchester, at the time.  Unfortunately it is no longer a pub but now an overpriced Burger restaurant - Byron Burger!  Miss it, nowadays, when I go to London.

Saying that prices in Manchester are not that cheap nowadays with many bars selling the "top-end" lagers at £4.20-£4.80/pint!!!

26Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Wed Jun 18 2014, 01:55

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You've heard it before but I can remember when your Local Pub, was for your Mill/Factory Worker.

Something to look forward too, after Grafting all week for some Twat of a Boss.

Somewhere you could get pleasantly Pissed, before it all starts again, on Monday.

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

27Why are we losing so many pubs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we losing so many pubs. Wed Jun 18 2014, 09:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Doff I was in a couple of weeks ago. It's now been refurbished and is owned by Dunscar Bridge Brewery ala Brewhouse on Blackburn Rd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum