Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will it be rotten in Denmark for Bolton Wanderers?

+4
carrs
Norpig
wanderlust
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers will play two games in Denmark before crossing the bridge into Sweden for one final match.

The Danish leg of the trip sees them meet Brondby on Wednesday, July 10, and FC Vestjaellands on Sunday, July 13.

Here, Michael Johansen gives his verdict on what Wanderers can expect from their first two opponents:

BRONDBY

“They have been away on pre-season in Germany so they will be well prepared,” he said.

“The club has had some problems in the past few years but last year they came back very strong and got some finances together.

“Signing Johan Elmander is a very big statement, even though I am not sure how keen he was to come back to Brondby.

“Thomas Kahlenburg is another very good player who has returned to the club – he spent time in Europe with Auxerre and Wolfsburg.

“They have got a lot of other good, young, talented players in their squad and it won’t be long before their season starts, so they will be at an advanced stage of fitness. I think it will be tough for Bolton.”

FC VESTJAELLAND

“They are not even close in terms of standard compared to Brondby.

“Last season they had a very good coach and only just survived in the best league in Denmark.

“They haven’t got a big budget and had to bring in a lot of players as make-dos.

“They haven’t got a lot of experience of European football or playing against foreign sides so it will be a big test for them. But they are at a good stage of their pre-season so it won’t be an easy game for Bolton.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope the "new look" side doesn't get battered by Brondby and have their confidence shattered before they've had time to gel - or in some cases get to know each other.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elmander has signed for Brondby! I wish we had players at the moment who were as talented as Frandsen, Johansen and Jensen  Sad

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Let's do the time warp yeah

Brondby on Wednesday, July 10

I never knew the time zone changed so much between here and over there.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bloody hell it's soon come round to pre-season, can't believe we are back in action on Wednesday...it's flown by since the last game of the season!

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Looking forward to the game on Thursday evening but its going to be tough. The Danish and Swedish clubs have been in training for some weeks and have played a number of fixtures. Their current fitness levels will be better than ours (training 1 week and first game Thursday) I expect wholesale substitution's on the night. Remember the last time we played Brondby in the late '90s, was it a 4-0 loss?
Still never mind the result is of little importance at the moment as long as we are ready for Watford. Looking forward to sampling the various beers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Looking forward to the game on Thursday evening but its going to be tough. The Danish and Swedish clubs have been in training for some weeks and have played a number of fixtures. Their current fitness levels will be better than ours (training 1 week and first game Thursday) I expect wholesale substitution's on the night. Remember the last time we played Brondby in the late '90s, was it a 4-0 loss?
Still never mind the result is of little importance at the moment as long as we are ready for Watford. Looking forward to sampling the various beers.

Are you over there Barry? If so, congratulations you lucky bugger. I've never been to any of the Scandinavian countries but I'm told that beer is bloody expensive. Enjoy your trip.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Barryjw wrote:Looking forward to the game on Thursday evening but its going to be tough. The Danish and Swedish clubs have been in training for some weeks and have played a number of fixtures. Their current fitness levels will be better than ours (training 1 week and first game Thursday) I expect wholesale substitution's on the night. Remember the last time we played Brondby in the late '90s, was it a 4-0 loss?

Are you over there Barry? If so, congratulations you lucky bugger. I've never been to any of the Scandinavian countries but I'm told that beer is bloody expensive. Enjoy your trip.
Fly out in the morning

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a good trip and if you get the chance please let us know how the team are progressing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scandinavia is nearly always rotten for BWFC results-wise although we've had some great players from there.

Almost a month ago, our former target Mikael Dyrestam, the versatile young 6'1" Swedish defender made his debut for Aalesunds in Norway apparently playing a very solid game in a 3 nil win.

What gets my goat is that Aalesunds allegedly ended up paying 200k euros to settle the "training fee".

They're at home to Molde on Friday night if you fancy flying up to see what we might have won Barry!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not sure if playing this early is a good thing or a bad one. Mainly I just hope we don't have anyone injured on the trip as our squad is thinner than a politician's promise already.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Odds on Moxey breaking his leg?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum