Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something rotten in the state of, er........Macron.

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

For quite a while now, a few of us have been scratching our heads and wondering just what the long-term plan actually is and where all the money's gone, as it's difficult (for the average Bolton fan, at least) to try and comprehend just how we can be so far in debt.

Sluffy has alluded before now that there is something much deeper going on with "BWFC Ltd" (or whatever they're calling themselves now) than we are privy to.

And I agree with him.

Some bloke who is a regular poster on the BN site made a comment yesterday about knowing more about things than the average but wouldn't divulge anything, so I challenged him and here's his response:

"Well for one how do you possibly get rid of a major shareholder? Even if there is in-house fighting, huge money is involved in certain other business aspects of the club. To cut a long story short, yes Gartside MUST go, and so should a couple of other big investors who have a large stake in not just the club but all the tied up investments within investments. It isn't just about the club on the inside... it is about a huge business. Some of these individuals are the richest in the country. Some of them have a bigger interest than others... but one thing I can tell you, that to get rid of some of these with hands on boll@cks within the club will take more than £30-million each, and that is at least a couple of them. Does Eddie have the cash to pull a stunt on a certain person in the club and aggressively buy him out? He does not own a fleet of passenger planes you know? It is a difficult situation... one of those that would take a Wall Street type journal to even try to explain.

Maybe one for the BN to investigate."

Some of the richest people in the country being involved in the behind the scenes goings-on at Bolton?

Can you see it?

It might be a pile of bollocks, but this guy comes across well and clearly isn't an idiot, who's just shouting "Freedman & Gartside out! You've ruined my club, etc..."

What do you lot reckon?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There's clearly some big money been invested into the business that owns the club - much more than Eddie Davies was ever reported to have owned.

The money is chanelled into the club from 'off-shore' means - so nobody can trace back who actually owns what - those who invested will know though, obviously.

Gartside in my opinion is almost certainly an 'investor' (so to Allardyce) but these aren't the big players.

Anybody investing over the last few years have been doing so for not for footballing reasons - they can't get a return from that - so it must be the planning development on the land the club owns.

I'm not smart enough to understand how they can make a killing on devloping things like a school - I can't see how any development in Horwich can make money - down London yes - but in Bolton?

At the end of the day one or more persons must be able to lose £160 odd million without it effecting them - I can't see the club having anything like that in the value of assets that people want - so yes there must be some seriously rich people involved.

Fwiw I thought it was foreign investors, not rich people from here - but I believe football as long been off the table as a way of making money at Bolton.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum