Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5

+4
Boggersbelief
JAH
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Andrews finally following the likes of Ngog and Eagles out of the door it looks like Dougie has the wage bill under control at last. Great.
So where does that leave us?
In need of a miracle IMO. 
Gone are the days when we could buy our way out of trouble and be able to depend on a squad with enough quality to inspire confidence. For the first time since the Rioch and Todd days the manager is going to have to find a winning team in the youth ranks or the bargain basement.
With the kids losing to Chorley the former option doesn't inspire me with confidence for this season. So for me it's looking like bargain basement time.
If a loan striker is not an option I'd be looking for someone like Sam Winnall - but could a foreign striker be considered? Do the new rules mean we might get penalised?

2Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 18:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

From the signings dougie has made, apart from Medo it doesn't seem Douglas is a fan of the foreign market.

If a new striker is to come in it's going to be the last few days of the window IMO.

3Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 19:27

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We should be using the cash we have on a better manager. He is not a good manager, he is not a good tactician, he has yet to unearth a hidden gem (remember Zaha was already at Palace) and he will never be good enough to get a team promoted out if this division.

4Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 19:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman freedman freedman!

5Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 19:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Out! Out! Out!

6Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 19:57

Can I just ask a quick question?

Last week we saw you criticising people for starting what you perceived to be "negative" threads and you said we should all chill out because we were pre-judging things before a ball had even been kicked and you were quite scathing in your condemnation.

Tonight, however, you're saying we need a miracle.....

And please don't play the "semantics" card that you like to slap on the table whenever someone points out the inconsistency in your train of thought, as the tone of this thread is quite clear - You say we need a miracle, you acknowledge that we've no money to buy anybody, you state that the kids don't inspire you with any confidence and you're suggesting that we can only look forward to players sourced in the "bargain basement."

I'm genuinely not having a dig, but I do think it's a bit disingenuous of you slam others for doing something which you yourself don't have a problem with doing.

7Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 20:33

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If the overpaid tossers were not performing, then their departure is surely a good thing.

8Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 21:14

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think he can possibly respond to that Breaders without sounding like a numpty!

9Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Sun Jul 27 2014, 23:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This is a pretty negative start to a thread, to be fair.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Mon Jul 28 2014, 00:47

I'm honestly not having a pop at Lusty, he's a clever bloke with a good sense of humour and Nuts is a better place for his being here and I like him.

(No, not like that, Magoo..... It's cerebral, not physical, you dirty rat.)

I just thought it was a bit rich to blow up like he did last week and then, basically, start a thread like this one.

The point I was trying to make is, we're all Bolton fans and we all have opinions and we will never all agree on everything.

Obviously....we're only human.

11Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Mon Jul 28 2014, 06:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd of started the title of the thread 'Overpaid Tossers 0 Dougie 0', but I know what you mean.

12Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Mon Jul 28 2014, 09:01

I don't think the thread is overly negative to be honest. All he's saying is we can only afford to sign nobodies and bargains. Something we've known for a long time and I've got no issue with it because Dougies shown he can unearth a gem when he needs to - Dawson, Juke, Feeney. 

The threads old news to be honest, it's not wildly negative though. Which new rules are you referring to by the way lust?

13Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Mon Jul 28 2014, 09:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Can I just ask a quick question?

Last week we saw you criticising people for starting what you perceived to be "negative" threads and you said we should all chill out because we were pre-judging things before a ball had even been kicked and you were quite scathing in your condemnation.

Tonight, however, you're saying we need a miracle.....

And please don't play the "semantics" card that you like to slap on the table whenever someone points out the inconsistency in your train of thought, as the tone of this thread is quite clear - You say we need a miracle, you acknowledge that we've no money to buy anybody, you state that the kids don't inspire you with any confidence and you're suggesting that we can only look forward to players sourced in the "bargain basement."

I'm genuinely not having a dig, but I do think it's a bit disingenuous of you slam others for doing something which you yourself don't have a problem with doing.
Totally see where you're coming from but it's entirely in keeping with what I've always posted - or least I think it is - the reality of our situation based on facts rather than speculation.

I think it is a fact to say that we haven't got money to buy quality. Someone may disagree with that and if they do I'll acknowledge that I can't dispute it as I don't know. So perhaps I should have said "All the indicators suggest we have no money to buy quality"

It's  a fact that we are getting expensive players off our books that were considered to have been quality players at the time of purchase.

I hypothesised that it would be "a miracle" if we managed to unearth the required quality in the bargain basement (as every team will have been looking around there already)

But for the large part I think what I asked and stated was fairly logical and "fact" based. Apologies if you disagree.

That is completely different from e.g. "when will Dougie get sacked?" which is a loaded negative question that is based on the premise that he will get sacked - and by implication that our results will be poor as winning managers are seldom sacked. Not one but several threads that were variants of the same theme.

If that isn't bad enough, there were a series of threads that were based on "what Dougie thinks" which is pure speculation and invariably negative, usually along the theme of "we'll get battered because of Dougie's system/playing folk out of position/not recognising talent when it sits on his face etc." Thought it was fair enough to comment on amateur psychology week.

There's a difference Bread. TBF though, this thread sailed close to the wind compared to usual.

I think I was also trying to make the point that if we do any better than midtable during a period when we are cutting back like this - it would be a miracle IMO.

14Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Mon Jul 28 2014, 09:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I don't think the thread is overly negative to be honest. All he's saying is we can only afford to sign nobodies and bargains. Something we've known for a long time and I've got no issue with it because Dougies shown he can unearth a gem when he needs to - Dawson, Juke, Feeney. 

The threads old news to be honest, it's not wildly negative though. Which new rules are you referring to by the way lust?
I was thinking about there being a limit on the number of foreign players a club can have but i don't know when it comes in or how it works so was asking if it affected us.

15Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Empty Re: Overpaid tossers 0 Dougie 5 Mon Jul 28 2014, 20:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not the players fault they are overpaid.  It's the daft who give them the money IMO. 

Rooney comes to mind....I don't know why  scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum