Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Dougie were to go...

+19
karlypants
boltonbonce
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Angry Dad
scottjames30
wanderlust
doffcocker
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Tigermin
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
gloswhite
Reebok_Rebel
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1If Dougie were to go... Empty If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 11:35

As plenty on here seem to want, who should come in? 

We can rule out Big Mick from the off as there's no chance he'd leave Ipswich and come here (particularly with the prospect of the Ireland job). So realistically who else??

2If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 11:51

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Pointless thread. We all know dougie wont be fired until at least 2 months in to next season when we are sat at the bottom of league 1.

3If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 11:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with RR on this one

4If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 11:58

Hence the title 'IF Dougie were to go'.

What's pointless is saying 'Freedman out' without having a credible replacement in mind. He hasn't lost the dressing room yet IMO so we'd be truly fucked if we let him go without having somebody good lined up. Look at what happened to Wolves when they appointed Terry Connor having sacked Mick with no real after plan.

I'll take both of your answers as meaning you have no ideas for who should come in.

5If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very presumptuous of you, and the title didn't ask if we wanted him to go. I don't want him to leave yet, but I do want him to start managing. My comment was on the futility of this topic, as we know nothing is going to happen, and if we stick to our usual way of appointing managers, its more than likely none of us will know him, either now, or even when he is announced.

6If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Pointless thread. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson at Bradford and Karl Robinson at MK Dons have both done well on limited budgets, don't have a long history of failure, and know the lower leagues well which will be vital if we are to pick up some decent young talent.

8If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Martin O'Neill
And nobody can say he's just another Scottish clown.

9If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:17

gloswhite wrote:My comment was on the futility of this topic, as we know nothing is going to happen,
Nothing we say on here will ever have any baring on the club itself but exchanging our views and opinions is the point of the forum, which by your logic makes the entire site futile.

I think it's important for those who want him to leave to have a decent replacement in mind.

10If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:20

Natasha Whittam wrote:Phil Parkinson at Bradford and Karl Robinson at MK Dons have both done well on limited budgets, don't have a long history of failure, and know the lower leagues well which will be vital if we are to pick up some decent young talent.

Parkinson has a long history of failure, I'd be very disappointed if we were to appoint him (although he could bring Nahki Wells with him which would be a plus).

I was keen for Robinson when we sacked Coyle, I'd give him a go but he's as big a gamble (if not more) as Freedman was.

We're picking up decent young talent at the moment which you don't give Freedman any credit for, I'm amazed you've highlighted that.

11If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:21

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Terry Butcher,before someone else gets him.

12If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:We're picking up decent young talent at the moment which you don't give Freedman any credit for, I'm amazed you've highlighted that.
I meant proven talent from the lower leagues, not kids or reserves from PL clubs.

13If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:58

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The answer is .... anybody.   Find an interim manager until a proper search can be done.  We are relegation fodder right now...it can't get worse if the tea-lady was in charge.

14If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 13:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A decent manager who has a philosiphy on passing the ball and retaining possession, is it to much to ask for? Sad 

15If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 13:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:Martin O'Neill
And nobody can say he's just another Scottish clown.
O'Neill wouldn't come and personally I wouldn't want him to. He did well at Villa when his chairman gave him an open cheque book but everywhere else he's been he's failed. I know it's probably gonna be met with cries of horror but IF DF went then who'd be up for having Di Canio in. We know he cares at least and he could well be the rocket up the backside some of our underperformers badly need.

16If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 13:46

terenceanne wrote:The answer is .... anybody.   Find an interim manager until a proper search can be done.  We are relegation fodder right now...it can't get worse if the tea-lady was in charge.
This is not an answer. If it's anybody then choose somebody, as I've said I don't think he's lost the dressing room so appointing the tea lady would do far more harm than good.

17If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 13:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take Di Canio like a shot, just to see the look on David Ngog's face when he's asked to put in 100% effort.

18If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 13:50

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd take Di Canio like a shot, just to see the look on David Ngog's face when he's asked to put in 100% effort.
Ngog's face after Di Canio runs his first training session. affraid :falltopieces: :suicide: :Overreact: :sick:

19If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 14:01

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is there only me who thinks our last interim management setup worked quite well?

20If Dougie were to go... Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Sun Oct 20 2013, 14:05

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd go, Peter Ried with LSL and JP as coaches, Big Mick, no thanks i'd rather slit my wrists than watch hid fucking dross!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum