Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Dougie were to go...

+19
karlypants
boltonbonce
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Angry Dad
scottjames30
wanderlust
doffcocker
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Tigermin
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
gloswhite
Reebok_Rebel
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The list of managers that have achieved miles more than Karl Robinson, then moved to a club like Bolton and been a waste of space is endless.

Look at Graham Westley. He did an unbelievable job at Stevenage. He moved to a bigger club where he became possibly their most hated ever manager.
That's true of every manager in the whole wide world. At certain clubs they are successful, at others they are terrible.

If people are honest, it would be difficult for any manager to come in and be worse than Freedman. I'd settle for a manager with clear tactics who picks the best team available on the day regardless of age or hair colour.

82If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Karl Robinson does well as a League 1 manager by signing and releasing loads of players who are on a free transfer, hence his massive turnover of playing staff and more false dawns than you can wave a stick at. Good strategy for league 1 survival and TBF he almost got them promoted on one occasion.
A likeable chap as Paul Ince sidekicks go, popular with the media, but less so with the fans who are getting fed up with the lack of progress after all the hype.
He may be a media darling but he has no apparent skills when it comes to developing players, and his track record as a manager is very questionable as he's promised so much and failed at every attempt to get MKD promoted.
In his favour is that he knows the lower leagues and can manage on a budget if we ever need rejected League 2 players on a free.
He does what he has to do to survive. And this is MK Dons we are talking about - their own fans may well expect to be top of the Premier League but does anyone outside of the club believe they are anything but a struggling League 2 club?

He has done a remarkable job, and on the four occasions I have seen them play this season they have been a pleasure to watch.

83If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Coyle left I was thinking Uwe Rosler was possibly the man for the job and he's still doing OK for Brentford, but like Robinson hasn't managed to his team promoted as yet. That said, he's managed teams and done quite well at a higher level albeit not in the UK - and played at a much higher level both here and abroad.
But for me it's not so much about finding a new manager as giving Dougie enough time to stabilise the club and rebuild our squad which could take several seasons, considering the mess we're in.

84If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 13:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
But for me it's not so much about finding a new manager as giving Dougie enough time to stabilise the club and rebuild our squad which could take several seasons, considering the mess we're in.
That is simply never going to happen while we continue to underachieve.

If you've just been promoted you get chance to stabilise, but if you've recently been relegated the pressure is on to be up at the top.

85If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
That is simply never going to happen while we continue to underachieve.

If you've just been promoted you get chance to stabilise, but if you've recently been relegated the pressure is on to be up at the top.
I'm still not convinced we are "underachieving".
Ignoring all the media hype, the reality is that after three years of slashing an unsustainable wage bill we're left with a squad where the most talented players are injured and the rest struggle to string 5 passes together. Our league position seems a fair reflection of our performances. We need a new squad, not a new manager IMO.

86If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 14:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Gartside Chairman = Freedman Manager, Simples!
If Freedman goes Gartside position will be untenable after four fuck ups!!

87If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 14:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only if Eddie Davies see's it that way.

88If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 15:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Apparently Gartside didnt want to bin Coyle and wanted to install somebody to assist the manager but Davies pulled the rug from under him. Now I've heard this tale from a few sources and the fact that Gartside has only hit thejackpot once, albeit on his first appointment, would suggest that Freedman 's departure would come at a cost to him as well as financially. Just my tilt on it.
Btw the assistant manager mentioned was already at the club.

89If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside wanted to get rid of Coyle's assistant, not Coyle, but when Coyle refused to let that happen they both got the chop.

90If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 19:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Apparently Gartside didnt want to bin Coyle and wanted to install somebody to assist the manager but Davies pulled the rug from under him. Now I've heard this tale from a few sources and the fact that Gartside has only hit thejackpot once, albeit on his first appointment, would suggest that Freedman 's departure would come at a cost to him as well as financially. Just my tilt on it.
Btw the assistant manager mentioned was already at the club.
that story went round everywhere when Coyle got sacked that Gartside approached him to have Sammy Lee manage along side him and ED stepped in to remove Coyle instead. 

and thank goodness he did. 

the two worst managers we've ever had, together! Genius.

91If Dougie were to go... - Page 5 Empty Re: If Dougie were to go... Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What do people think assistants are? As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't be any brighter than the manager. If they were, they should be the manager.

Imagine basically paying £10m to get the manager you wanted, only to eventually decide you need to get him an assistant to do his job for him.

If an assistant came in and was the difference between a side being useless and decent, you'd feel cheated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum