Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Q&A with Dougie

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Q&A with Dougie Empty Q&A with Dougie Wed Jul 03 2013, 12:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DF: "Hello everyone. Hope we're all well. I'm looking forward to answering more of your questions."

Q: How have the new players settled in during the pre-season training?

A: Fantastically well.  We worked hard to recruit them and they know how much they are wanted here.  Some very good business for the club.

Q: How are you going to try and improve our away record this season?
A: Good question. I think we have possibly got to look at the personnel.  The league is very intense, at times three games a week.

Q: Is there anything you will be doing different this season from the end of last season??
A: Not really. I think the last quarter of the season was promotion form. Players, staff and fans were all pulling in the same direction.

Q: Will you be planning on bringing back Jay Spearing on a permanent? The fans love him...

A: I think we all feel the same way about Jay Spearing. Unfortunately, as we speak, he is a Liverpool player.

Q: How highly do you rate Chris Lester?  I'm a big fan and would love to see him play a big part this season

A: I'm also a big fan. It's important you have young academy players around your team. Let's hope they're good enough to break through.

Q: Is there any truth in the Jordan Rhodes rumour?

A: Being an ex-forward I admire Jordan as a player. At the moment he's a Blackburn player.

Q: Really like the idea of the players going to La Manga, chance to bond as a team and train have you done this before?

A: We're actually going to Marbella.  We'll be having three sessions a day and I'm sure we'll come back fitter and in good spirits.

Q: Football Management must be stressful at times, but what do you do to unwind?

A: I enjoy my job, coaching players to be better people and footballers. It's not too stressful. Four kids keeps a smile on my face too!

Q: When you first arrived you mentioned squad was inbalanced, do you feel it is more balanced after the signings you made?

A: A coach needs different positions to alter games within the 90 minutes. We are getting close to that.  Three to four more.

Q: How do you decide if the match warrants a suit or a track suit?

A: I'm not going to claim to be the most fashionable or superstitious of guys, so it depends on the weather.

Q: How far is Mark Davies off returning?

A: Looking really good. The surgeon is very happy with the progress, but we're still looking at January.

Q: Why are you not currently training the players right now?

A: The players are in a strength session in the gym.

Q: Apart from Beckford can we expect anymore incoming players before the training camp in Spain?

A: Rumours are always going to be rife. I cannot answer on them all, but would like to think about five percent of them are on the money.

Q: Do you go to bed at 9pm?

A: I put my older boy to bed at 9pm and then end up falling asleep with him, so that's true.

Q: Will Hayden White & Conor Wilkinson be in the development squad? Or will they be fast-tracked into the first team?

A: With any new signing I try to bed them in, so they understand how we work.  The less experience they have the longer it takes.

Q: Would you say that the players are in a better condition, fitness wise than last season?

A: Generally, players are coming back in better condition enabling us to work on all aspects, tactical, mental,  technical and fitness.

DF: "Thanks for the interaction. I'm now going to get prepared for this afternoon's session. Catch up soon."

2Q&A with Dougie Empty Re: Q&A with Dougie Wed Jul 03 2013, 12:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How has he got time to take 10 minutes away to type a few sentences.

fuming.

3Q&A with Dougie Empty Re: Q&A with Dougie Wed Jul 03 2013, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is fascinating.

3 or 4 more players needed?
Didn't deny Spearing or Rhodes outright - just said they are currently at another club.
Will be taking his time over introducing White so sounds like a mid-season rotation job when the games come thick and fast.
5% of rumours are true -which means 95% are bullshit - and we can expect almost anything.

All good stuff.

Who conducted the interview - or was it a press briefing?

4Q&A with Dougie Empty Re: Q&A with Dougie Wed Jul 03 2013, 13:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a twitter QANDA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum