Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award

+18
Harold77
Reebok Trotter
Spirit of 58
gloswhite
trotter1948
Mo
chipbutty
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
xmiles
Quent
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Who has been the worst Bolton player this season?

Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% [ 5 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% [ 4 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 2 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% [ 3 ]
Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It should be Coyle for me as he sets the team up to play, picks the players and uses the subs to save / changes games.

Robinson is not the best but he's been left exposed by having Petrov going missing in front of him.

Knight has been dreadful and my pick in this poll - but what cover have the defence had when Muamba as consistently not been picked to protect them - even Cahill said something like - you can only clear so many attacks (before we concede a goal!).

Mavies is lost in this team - he either needs like minded players with him, or left out of the team - he's just a fish out of water otherwise.

Somewhat similarly Klasnic is a luxury we simply can't afford - he scores goals but the team is to weak to 'feed' him. For every one he gets them team as already conceded two! (illustratively, not literally before I'm picked up on it!).

Kevin Davies is so old this season that his buss-pass must soon be in the post to him - he's probably done ok for his age but that isn't good enough anymore for the 'Barclays' Premier League.

Tuncay is crap as a right winger - probably because the position he plays superbly is as a more withdrawn second striker - wtf doesn't Coyle try to play him there once in a while?

Sordell must be a really crap player too - why else spend the only money we have on someone who we don't play!

As I've said Knight gets my vote because I've never rated him and unfortunately he's proved me right - but would the rest of our crap players actually be so crap if they played in sides selected to their individual skills and collective team strengths rather than spend three quarters of the season playing a 4-4-2 that everybody knew definitely did not work apart from Coyle!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Passi wrote:Might be a bit controversial but I am going to vote for Gary Cahill. For an England international he was all over the place when he should have been holding us together. We've improved defensively since he left.

I can understand your choice. Cahill didn't really deliver for us this season. He lacks the leadership skills to lead the defence, which is a pity as he is a good player in many ways.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Passi's choice is similar to Natalie's choice. He's voted for the player who has disappointed him most, seemingly, rather than the worst player per se.

I would simply make the point that Robinson and Knight were terrible on a different level, the evidence is that they were both dropped, while someone gave us around £5-7 million pounds for Cahill, despite the fact that he only had 6 months to run on his contract, and he was regularly picked for England. It doesn't really compare to Knight or Robinson. He also scored vital goals at QPR and Everton.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I voted Knight because he has managed to play really poorly in both halves of the season yet had the unmitigated gall to give interviews suggesting some players were not doing as well as they should.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Voted Pratley, not impressed me at all.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Voted for Mrs Robinson but I later remembered watching (on the tele) Knight at the end of a game we had just got hammered in, laughing and joking with one of his mates from the other team as he walked off. So I hope he ends up with the prize.

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Am sure the player who is win this prize is not very happy to win.

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

ZK for me
Fuck off with your mate Robbo

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

our goals against almost guarantees it to be a defender
but they dont deserve to called that
they should be letemrunbyme-ers

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Has to be Robinson for me. From his arm-waving and pointing, behaviour in the Semi-final of last year, to the time he left, he was a liability. Unfortunately, OC's forward planning, and the odd injury, left us with no option but to play him. So bad was he that OC put in Alonso, who still isn't up to spec. His shouting, gesticulaitng and aggresssive manner lost its effectiveness quite some time ago. I wish him well though, and thank him for the times he did get that important tackle in, the block, and the fouling of anyone who looked as though they might score, and his positive attitude.

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Am vote for ngog becase his not score to many goals.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It's a good job there isn't a 'Worst Dressed Manager 'contest, our man at the helm would win it by a mile (or 1.6 kilometers if you prefer).

No wait. I forgot about Pulis. I reckoned he would just edge it because he is so annoying.

33Bolton Nuts 'WORST Player Of The Season' Award - Page 2 Empty Ngog - Discuss Wed Apr 18 2012, 19:56

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Ngog our non-scoring striker ! No good at Liverpool and just the same at Bolton !

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome '58'

I see you are not alone in picking Ngood either!

Was he an easy choice to make or had you others in mind to give your vote to?

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Gottabe Zatty Knight
My grannies quicker than him and she wouldnt laugh and joke after losing

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy : Re: Ngog. Others were also in the frame namely; Knight and Robbo but taking everything into account Ngog gets my vote. Cheers, '58'.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks 58, unfortunately we've had a load of worthy candidates to chose from in recent seasons.

Hope you decide to become a regular poster and look forward to reading your views and opinions of all things Wanderers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robinson, Knight and Alonso make it a difficult choice.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Quote from the Guardian :-'

Terry was assisted by the outstanding Gary Cahill, whose performance drew praise from Di Matteo. "It was a bit of a baptism for Gary," he said. "He has not played much in the Champions League and it was a difficult game. But I am very pleased that he played so well."

Sorry, off topic I know but I didn't think it worth it's own and wanted to share it.

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Can we have Gartside for selling Cahill for £7 million and thinking he wasn't mugged by Chelsea again?

I went for Muamba bearing in mind the huge transfer fee and how much we needed him to perform without Holden.We needed him to step up to the plate as the club's most expensive midfield player but he didn't.A huge let down and perhaps Coyle didn't play him as much because he knew of his health problems.

Robinson was worse than Muamba but cost under 1/5 of the fee and i've voted in proportion to what we got for the transfer fee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum