Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

+26
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
okocha
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Vendor
bryan458
boltonbonce
Sluffy
doffcocker
JAH
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
carrs
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
wanderlust
Keegan
Boggersbelief
cairocuz
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 13:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I think you'll find that mark davies is the best passer

That's a bit like saying Lord Lucan is the best frisbee thrower.

122Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 14:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha is completely correct in her analysis.

By common consent, Ream was excellent when played in midfield last season.....and what did our resident genius do?.....moved him to full back asap, where he is often caught napping.
I saw Ngog have a very good game and score away at Bournemouth last year, utilised in something resembling his best position; DF immediately dropped him.
Chungy has rarely been used where his undoubted skills can be given free rein.
And how bonkers Dougie could ever play Baptiste at left back defies belief.
I could go on.

It's all about making best use of the resources at your disposal; Sir Douglas, like Melchet in Blackadder, thinks he can outwit the opposition by doing exactly the opposite of what is common sense to all with eyes and a brain. Result: lambs to the slaughter!

123Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 15:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

and how many games does he play in a season then?

124Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 15:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

125Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 15:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

and how many games does he play in a season then?

That's irrelevant. He's still the best

126Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

of course its relevant if he only plays a handful of games, he can't run midfield from the treatment table can he :facepalm:

127Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The argument was who is the best passer in the squad, not who is going to run the midfield..

128Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't know if anybody remembers the Forest away match, three games into last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was probably the worst attacking display I've seen from a Bolton side ever, and remember thinking Dougie couldn't even contemplate playing that side again. If you look, it's nearly identical to yesterday from an attacking point of view. CDavies up front on his own, midfield centre of Medo, Spearing, Pratley, Chungy out wide.

There is a feeling that we've not only not progressed from where we at the end of last season, we've gone back to where we were at the darkest stages of that season. I don't blame Dougie entirely for that, but he doesn't make things easy for himself.

129Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

There is a feeling that we've not only not progressed from where we at the end of last season, we've gone back to where we were at the darkest stages of that season. I don't blame Dougie entirely for that, but he doesn't make things easy for himself.

Who do you blame then? Pratley is useless, even the happy clappers were amazed he started yesterday. Lee has been out of form for three years and Medo is a stump.

One man picks these players.

130Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:46

Reading that Forest match report and Freedman's comments prompted me to re-read what he said about yesterday's fun and games.

12 months on, another 0-3 reverse and basically the same response - "They're better than us, we gifted them goals but showed some fight when we went three nil down, so I'm encouraged by that."

He's not learning, is he....?

131Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thing is, there is no fight in this team.

This Summer Dougie should have had two priorities - a striker and a leader. He got neither. When we go a goal behind you just know that's game over.

132Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 16:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Who do you blame then? Pratley is useless, even the happy clappers were amazed he started yesterday. Lee has been out of form for three years and Medo is a stump.

One man picks these players.

I said I don't blame him for everything.

I don't blame him for us failing to sign Juke, for example.

133Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 21:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I can glean from the radio commentary, papers and the TV highlights that was a debacle. The goals conceded were appallingly soft but frankly I think that's the least of our worries. With Deeney, Vydra, Dyer etc. Watford have forwards and midfielders who you'd back to score given a chance. The same can't be said of our forwards and midfielders.
As Bread mentioned, the system is fine if you have the players who can play it so I really don't understand why Dougie played it - especially as he said the team had practiced several formation options so clearly could have done something else.
We know strikers are a priority and the Mason loan is a partial stopgap which could pay off if Dougie gets his other 2 targets. How ironic that would be - he'd finally have pace and finishing ability and his system would have a chance of working.
But the biggest concern was team morale - just looking at their faces when the goals went in - they had thought they'd sorted out our problems and then reality kicked in.
I had thought we are a mid-table team this season, but worryingly there was nothing on show at Watford to suggest we are good enough for that. We'll know in a few weeks when we've played some of the better sides.

134Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 21:32

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

At the moment all teams are the better sides! It was a disgrace,and the manager AND the players should be ashamed of themselves. A great day out spoiled by 90 mins of dross from Bolton. Can't wait for Tuesday night!

135Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 22:59

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I noticed the players squabbling with each other in the aftermath of the goals. Too ready to blame a team mate rather than look at their own failings. Building unity, Dougie?
 I'd like to see you generate a bit more positive passion from the sidelines too. It's all too emotionless from you.

136Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 23:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I missed the match being on holiday with the family and for the first time in fifteen years I am incredibly depressed at the end of opening weekend. I felt we would NOT get another striker in (or anyone else at all for that matter) and it's looking more and more like I'm going to be right. I take ZERO pleasure in that. I also take zero pleasure in noting that the board AND Dougie appear to have learnt precisely NOTHING! 

I know some will STILL try to say it's not DF's fault but sadly the fact is no matter how hamstrung he may be in terms of finances etc his failure to motivate players to at least FIGHT has been evident through much of pre-season and if you can't put up a better display than this on the opening day of your SECOND FULL SEASON in charge then you don't deserve to have the job. 

No the money's not there and the players aren't good enough to go up BUT the ones who are here should at least look fit and eager on the first day of a new season not like they're already on their way to the gallows. If DF is in charge at Christmas we WILL be in the bottom six; if he's in charge next May we WILL be in League One. 

I wouldn't even give him the Bury match. Get rid and get rid of his clearly inept coaching team right now. It may already be too late. I'm sure some will call this irrational but I really see this going very badly for us unless DF is replaced and very quickly.

137Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Aug 10 2014, 23:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ream and Dervite should be made to train in dunce hats tomorrow.

138Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 00:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:Ream and Dervite should be made to train in dunce hats tomorrow
I think we're past the point of blaming the players. Well past it. They're not good enough but they're also unmotivated, clearly not sure what they're supposed to be doing and led so badly I'm beginning to think Nick Clegg might make a better football manager.

139Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 08:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The lack of pace all over the pitch is of great concern......to everyone else, but evidently not to DF. As if to prove the point, he recruited Trotter!   

"Patience" and "control" are emerging as the key bywords of Dougie's inspired master plan, and they are stifling flair, passion, inspiration, creativity, attacking intent.

His own character exudes passivity and muddled thinking. He will take us down and down if left in office.

140Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 7 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I noticed the players squabbling with each other in the aftermath of the goals. Too ready to blame a team mate rather than look at their own failings. Building unity, Dougie?
 I'd like to see you generate a bit more positive passion from the sidelines too. It's all too emotionless from you.

It was reported that the 1300 travelling Bolton fans were chanting Gartside out after only 20 minutes of the game. I don't see how that can do anything other than undermine player confidence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum