Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

+26
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
okocha
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Vendor
bryan458
boltonbonce
Sluffy
doffcocker
JAH
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
carrs
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
wanderlust
Keegan
Boggersbelief
cairocuz
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 8 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:The lack of pace all over the pitch is of great concern.....
I was thinking that, especially in the context of trying to use a counter-attacking system. Hall, Beckford and Feeney aren't the slowest but none of them are especially predatory around the goal. 
However it's our back 4 that worry me as regards pace. No wonder Dougie prefers two defensive mids although I'm sure he isn't happy with having to make a reactive rather than proactive selection. I'm certainly not happy about it as it takes out other options.

142Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 8 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

May as well just get Di Canio if you're worried about "emotion" on the sidelines.

143Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 8 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

It was reported that the 1300 travelling Bolton fans were chanting Gartside out after only 20 minutes of the game. I don't see how that can do anything other than undermine player confidence.

The fans aren't there to boost the players already inflated egos. These are highly paid professionals who should be able to do a professional job in any circumstances.

A new low for the happy clappers - it's the fans fault!

144Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 8 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

It was reported that the 1300 travelling Bolton fans were chanting Gartside out after only 20 minutes of the game. I don't see how that can do anything other than undermine player confidence.

The fans aren't there to boost the players already inflated egos. These are highly paid professionals who should be able to do a professional job in any circumstances.

A new low for the happy clappers - it's the fans fault!
Booing Gartside for what? For financial mismanagement? For poor managerial appointments? For not making more money available to buy better players?
Whichever reason you pick one way or another it reflects on the current squad and indirectly criticises them for not being good enough or at least is an expression from the fans suggesting they'd rather have different players - not the current team.
Go on then - tell me how it helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum