Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

+26
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
okocha
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Vendor
bryan458
boltonbonce
Sluffy
doffcocker
JAH
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
carrs
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
wanderlust
Keegan
Boggersbelief
cairocuz
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I hope for an away win but wouldn't bet money on it.

At best we will score one goal ....that's not enough for 3 points unless Watford are carp.  2-1 Watford for me.  But hoping otherwise of course.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I could'nt possibly comment.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote: I could'nt possibly comment.
 Laughing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Boyeson takes charge

East Yorkshire-based referee Carl Boyeson will oversee Saturday afternoon’s Championship curtain-raiser against Watford.

In 32 games throughout the Football League last season, Mr Boyeson dished out 91 yellow and four red cards.

Mr Boyeson has taken charge of two Wanderers’ matches in the past, with his most recent Whites’ game coming almost a year ago to the day courtesy of last season’s 1-1 home draw with Reading.

Dan Robathan and Dean Treleaven will run the line, while Ian Fissenden is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Golden goals: Watford

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm still praying for Dougie to conjure up a super-striker from somewhere but failing that, anything other than a defeat will be a nice surprise. If only Almunia was still in nets....

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For those that are outside the area to pickup local radio commentary, this will be available to Nuts members like it was last season via UStream! Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman on Watford and potential incomings

Dougie freedman says his Bolton side are raring to go and excited ahead of the upcoming Sky Bet Championship season.

The manager has a strong squad from which to choose ahead of Wanderers’ opening league fixture against Watford this weekend.

And while Freedman is under no illusions about the test that awaits his squad on Saturday, he remains confident in their ability having been impressed by what he has seen so far in pre-season.

“We are really looking forward to the Watford game,” Freedman said. “We are desperate for the season to start now.

“We have been playing a couple of different formations throughout pre-season and our players are right up to speed.

“We’ve got no new injury worries. Mark Davies is the only concern. He is going to be 60/40 against to play. It’s going to be a risk to get him back. He only trained Monday. It’s a decision we’ll need to take on Friday to see if he’s any good.

Freedman continued: “It is always an exciting time and it should be a good game against a good team come the weekend.

“I think we will be tactically set-up and organised to make sure Watford don’t see a lot of the ball and to eliminate their chances, while surprising one or two people with what we’ve got.”

The manager also took time to comment on any potential incomings, adding: “We need to wait until something comes up.

“We know we need three more attacking options, but at this moment the timing is not quite right to get them in.

“We’re being dictated to at the moment. I still believe there is some quality out there and we will wait until it becomes available. When that happens, we’ll be ready to make our move.”

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This I have yo see!!!!!!
“I think we will be tactically set-up and organised to make sure Watford don’t see a lot of the ball and to eliminate their chances, while surprising one or two people with what we’ve got.”

DFs teams have the single worst ball retention I've ever seen from a Wanderers side. This is either total deluded bullshit or they are not only going to surprise Watford but us as well!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This match is massive.

If we lose, fans turn up to the Forest match as fucked off as ever, groaning and booing from the word go.
If we win, it'll be the most positive atmosphere there's been for a long time.
It's stupid really, but that's how it works.

Ideally, Freedman will play a positive team, show that we're not in for a carbon copy of last season, and get the fans on his side. But I can't see it myself.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So glad the football season is back. Hope it starts with a Cardiff victory tomorrow

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Being dictated to" in the transfer market makes it sound like the strikers are only a hope, not a realistically likely scenario.

Agree with what you say about the importance of this game Doff but without potent attackers a draw is probably the best we can hope for.

That's if we can keep Dyer, Deeney and Vydra out.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just 1 more sleep before our new season kicks off!  cheers 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Just 1 more sleep before our new season kicks off!  cheers 

Trial by fire without strikers more like it.

Followed by a witch hunt and burning of effigies.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

All the best for the new season, everybody. Very Happy 

Dougie and the boys - we're with you every step of the way, mate!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!  lol!  lol!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing 

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC‬ Team: Lonergan, McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Moxey, Spearing, Danns, Pratley, Lee, Medo, C Davies ‪

subs: Bogdan, Feeney, Beckford, Dervite, Trotter, Wheater, Wilkinson

Craig Davies......?

Wow........

Beckford must have 'flu or something.

Medo and Spearing together basically both doing the same job (again).

And Pratley starts.......

Hope it works, but I can't see it meself.

More of the same negative "containment football" from last season.

Oh joy......

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cravies starts, Beckford on the bench - I didn't expect that.

Wonder what the story is with Bogdan - is he fit or not? If he's fit why isn't he starting, if he's not, why is he on the bench?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum