Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How would you fire Dougie Freedman?

+7
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
scottjames30
JAH
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 08:45

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well after another loss at home and Dougie Noclueman's* tightrope must be getting very thin now! Another couple of losses in the next three games would possibly and finally see the back of him and Grandad Lawrence.

However, my question to you.....

Put yourself in Gartside's shoes for a moment. How would you fire Dougie Freeman? Does he deserve respect or are you angry and let down by his inability in the Macron hotseat? How would you deliver the news that he is expecting and (if the conspiracy theorists are right about) hoping for?

*credit for the name Noclueman goes to another poster on a different forum

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was Gartside i'd let the fans sack him, for the drivel he has served up over the last year, I'd put it on the Big Screen, Have bed sheets out , and announce it on the 20 min mark, with a standing ovation.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From a cannon?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why did you credit noclueman, it's shit

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Double resignation would be my favorite.  Phil & Doug off hand in hand to take over Rochdale or Oldham....something like that would be acceptable.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Why did you credit noclueman, it's shit

Suck my dick Boggers

He's right though, it's an absolutely appalling effort.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Explain to the clueless fucker, that in a little under 2 years he has taken us backwards, yes for his sins he took over from another clueless fucker ( who coincidently Freedman has given back handed swipes at) but now this is your team, your tactics, your backroom team, yet it's been 1 step forward, and 4 steps back, we hear all the time what players need in this league, yet although not world beaters, certainly on paper, the players are far better than you allow them to be, close the door on the way out.

10How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Quickly, like right now.

11How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I really don't think he will be fired unless we're embroiled in a serious relegation scrap in Jan/Feb.

12How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:I really don't think he will be fired unless we're embroiled in a serious relegation scrap in Jan/Feb.
I don't think anyone would disagree with you finlay but that's not what this thread is about mate. It's about HOW we'd break the news IF we were able to sack him now. 

Personally I'd say thank you for your efforts and be polite but I'd also do it quickly because he's not good enough and I think even Phil must know that but is simply too afraid of the consequences of having to face Eddie and admit he hired another clown.

13How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:I really don't think he will be fired unless we're embroiled in a serious relegation scrap in Jan/Feb.
I don't think anyone would disagree with you finlay but that's not what this thread is about mate. It's about HOW we'd break the news IF we were able to sack him now. 

Personally I'd say thank you for your efforts and be polite but I'd also do it quickly because he's not good enough and I think even Phil must know that but is simply too afraid of the consequences of having to face Eddie and admit he hired another clown.

Details. Details.

14How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Alright then finlay, how would YOU give him the oof if you were told you could?

15How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Alright then finlay, how would YOU give him the oof if you were told you could?

I wouldn't fire him just yet but this is how I would deal with the situation...

Dougie, you have precisely 1 month to fix the following problems which you have so far failed to address since you set foot in the building close to 2 years ago. You have many assets at your disposal and can do whatever you choose with them... offload anyone you like to generate the revenue needed to fulfill your plans, and you will receive no interference from the board.

1. Identify and recruit a competent CB. We STILL don't have one.
2. Stop conceding so many soft goals.
3. Recruit a striker capable of delivering at least 15 goals per season.
4. Employ a system which enables a striker to deliver at least 15 goals per season.
5. Decide on your strongest first team, play them in position and to their strengths.
6. Win your home games.

If the board don't see a major improvement in the results within the next 30 days we will unfortunately have to review your contract.

Best of luck!

16How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Thu Aug 21 2014, 14:08

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Alright then finlay, how would YOU give him the oof if you were told you could?

Dougie, you have precisely 1 month to fix the following problems which you have so far failed to address since you set foot in the building close to 2 years ago. You have many assets at your disposal and can do whatever you choose with them... offload anyone you like to generate the revenue needed to fulfill your plans, and you will receive no interference from the board.

4. Employ a system which enables a striker to deliver at least 15 goals per season.
5. Decide on your strongest first team, play them in position and to their strengths.
6. Win your home games.

If the board don't see a major improvement in the results within the next 30 days we will unfortunately have to review your contract.

Best of luck!

Surely with that list of requirements Fin it would be better just firing the prick and getting in someone that can meet those requirements? No?

17How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Thu Aug 21 2014, 14:23

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bullet from a snipers rifle boom! Only joking a good ur fucking as useless here as you was at palace so Taxi back to South London would suffice.

18How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Thu Aug 21 2014, 19:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JAH wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

6. Win your home games.

Best of luck!

Surely with that list of requirements Fin it would be better just firing the prick and getting in someone that can meet those requirements? No?

I'm a big believer in letting people know that they're failing and being given their last chance, instead of just firing them. People often have no clue that they're doing a bad job and are shocked to find out they're being sacked.

I think Freedman needs it spelling out to him before he will act with any kind of urgency. The guy needs to be forced into making decisions - and fast. He is clearly unable to make decisions and stick by them… last chance saloon.

It often brings surprising results.

19How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Thu Aug 21 2014, 20:02

Do you have Stone Cold and The Undertaker standing behind you when you deliver these "coaching" sessions, Fin......?

20How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Empty Re: How would you fire Dougie Freedman? Thu Aug 21 2014, 20:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Do you have Stone Cold and The Undertaker standing behind you when you deliver these "coaching" sessions, Fin......?

No but Triple H and Road Dogg are here today. Keeps us on our toes!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum