Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie's Footballing Philosophy

+7
wanderlust
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Hip Priest
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

“I need to make sure the players understand their responsibilities because there are one or two new ones in who might not know what it’s about,” he told The Bolton News.

“Unfortunately today we were a little bit open – it was a case of ‘you have a couple (of chances), we’ll have a couple’ – but that’s not the way I want to play. I want there to be one chance, and we win 1-0. We need to get back to how we were playing last season.”

Fuck off Dougie you utter bell end I'm sick to death of you. Twat!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jesus it sounds like Megson all over again! One chance in 90 minutes? so much for football being entertaining.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Sam was the same.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Big Sam was the same.

Utter shite.......

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nebula STOP this! ::rules::

I want people to vote for ME as Most Annoying Poster and if you keep spouting this kind of codswallop you'll endanger my carefully thought out elections strategy. Now go and sit in the naughty corner and don't come out until Nanny Nat says you CAN!  Mad

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Utter shite.......

Big Sam was always about clean sheets first and foremost. The rest came a distant second. He'd also take off attacking players for more defensive minded ones at 1-0 frequently, something that often drew the ire of the fans.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

HIPSTER BEHAVE YOURSELF!  Mad Evil or Very Mad YOU ARE SPOILING MY PLANS FOR WORLD DOMINATION!  ::seething2:: ::mad::
I WILL WIN MOST ANNOYING POSTER OF AUGUST 2014 NOT YOU DO YOU GET ME? :cop: 
NOW START TALKING NICELY ABOUT SAM "GOD" ALLARDYCE AND HOW WE PLAYED LIKE BARCELONA ONLY BETTER WHEN HE WAS HERE OR ELSE!!!!:gun: :bomb: :ninja: :stfu:
THIS IS MY POLL TO WIN AND I'M GOING TO YOU HEAR?:suicide: :nuts: :Overreact: 

NOT ONE MORE WORD ABOUT SAM BEING DEFENSIVE. EVER. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THAT KIND OF TRUTH ... I MEAN POPPYCOCK HERE. I LOVE DOUGIE!!!! HONEST!!!!

:trust: :dougie: ::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun: ::sulk::

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably, but I don't think he ever actually came out and admitted he was happy only creating one chance per match.

It's an amazingly stupid thing to say, although hats off for honesty. But it just shows how rubbish football has become when entertainment value isn't even on a manager's radar.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Probably, but I don't think he ever actually came out and admitted he was happy only creating one chance per match.

It's an amazingly stupid thing to say, although hats off for honesty. But it just shows how rubbish football has become when entertainment value isn't even on a manager's radar.

Quite right Nat. Football is for entertainment, recreation. I work my bollocks off almost six days a week and want to come to a match to be entertained, engaged, excited. I don't want dull football like this. If that's the BWFC philosophy and Dougies in particular  then they don't deserve a single paying fan through the door.
Their approach is rather cynical as regards the paying public.
I've supported BWFC since before Freedman was born and I'll be supporting them when he's just a bad memory.
This attitude of a single chance ,defend at all costs makes me want to vomit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with making survival a higher priority than being "entertaining".

Anyway who said good defending isn't entertaining? Freedman trained as a coach in Italy yes?

Has everyone forgotten those amazingly successful Italian clubs of the 1960s and 70s he is apparently trying to model us on? They would win 1 nil all year long and took incredible pride from soaking up the pressure for as long as it took and the fans just loved it.

Difference between the Italian World Cup winning team of 1970 and us is that their defenders were epic and they had the likes of Rivera up front who could always score when needed. In that final they were winning 1 nil from the 8th minute, conceded an equaliser in the 90th and ended up winning 4 - 3 in extra time so they knew how to attack as well as defend. But defence was always the priority.

"Entertaining" comes in many forms and to be honest I'm getting a bit bored watching ponces mince through defences unopposed so it makes them look really good. The fact that they aren't allowed to be tackled and get rewarded for diving doesn't help the situation.

Defending became a revered art form in Italy and I always found it entertaining watching players like Maldini take the piss out of the world's best attackers.

If we can get our donkeys to get anything approaching as tight as the Italian defences Dougie appears to be trying to emulate I'll be delighted. But the goals they've shipped so far the season suggest we are a long, long way from that.

Still if he could pull it off it could turn modern football philosophy on it's head again.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The secret of defence like that is having players who can pass the ball around to each other. Keeping the possession and not allowing the other team to bombard your back four at will. Our so-called midfielders can't put a foot on the ball and pass it 10 feet so you can't expect the back four to have that skill either.

Chelsea are often accused of this style .....but a quick look at their world class middle tells you why they can get away with it. We don't have the players for it...so the system needs changing.....it's not rocket science.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How about you take a break, let's say, oh I don't know, forever, you deluded fooker.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
How about you take a break, let's say, oh I don't know, forever, you deluded fooker.

Hipsters right

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Hipsters right
Of course he is, 2 deluded twats together, big Sam was the worst manager ever.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've just confirmed you've completely misunderstood the point Martin.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unbelievably, it seems that LvG is copying Dougie's tactical philosophy......and with about the same degree of success!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum