Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next 8 games

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Next 8 games Empty Next 8 games Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves A
Derby H
Fulham A
Bournemouth H
Brum A
Charlton A
Brentford H
Norwich A

One lucky win doesn't inspire me with confidence as we go into this schedule.
Dougie's 10 game honeymoon period will end after the Fulham game and it's a realistic proposition that we'll lose all 3 running up to that so unless he can pull another victory out of the hat before then the Board may act.
Difficult to see where we might pick up points at this stage as every team seems a better proposition than us but maybe the luck we got last night will stick with us for a while? 
Five of the next 8 are away games so it will be interesting to see how Dougie approaches those (assuming he gets enough from the next 3 games to secure his tenure) My money would be on going narrow again. 
Barring a complete sea change in our performances we'll get 6 from a possible 24 IMO - 3 draws, 4 losses and a win.
Whether that will be enough for the club and for Dougie is another story

2Next 8 games Empty Re: Next 8 games Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Wolves A
Derby H
Fulham A
Bournemouth H
Brum A
Charlton A
Brentford H
Norwich A

One lucky win doesn't inspire me with confidence as we go into this schedule.
Dougie's 10 game honeymoon period will end after the Fulham game and it's a realistic proposition that we'll lose all 3 running up to that so unless he can pull another victory out of the hat before then the Board may act.
Difficult to see where we might pick up points at this stage as every team seems a better proposition than us but maybe the luck we got last night will stick with us for a while? 
Five of the next 8 are away games so it will be interesting to see how Dougie approaches those (assuming he gets enough from the next 3 games to secure his tenure) My money would be on going narrow again. 
Barring a complete sea change in our performances we'll get 6 from a possible 24 IMO - 3 draws, 4 losses and a win.
Whether that will be enough for the club and for Dougie is another story

I'm inclined to agree with you because I suspect last nights result was a false dawn. Some tough fixtures coming up and I cannot see us picking up a hatful of points ( more a hatful of hollow ) in the next seven games.

Wolves A 1-1
Derby H  0-0
Fulham A 1-0 loss
Bournemouth  1-0 win
Brum A 1-0 win
Charlton A 0-0 draw
Brentford H 4-1 win
Norwich A 0-2 loss

12 points from seven games and that is with my optimistic hat on.

3Next 8 games Empty Re: Next 8 games Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that's very optimistic RT, but you never know.
I'd be delighted with an away draw at Wolves and a home draw with Derby to get things moving though.

4Next 8 games Empty Re: Next 8 games Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know it sounds obvious but every game in this league is a toss up. We could just as easy win 4 in a row as we could lose 4, looking at those fixtures.

Performances are important now for genuine momentum.

5Next 8 games Empty Re: Next 8 games Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I know it sounds obvious but every game in this league is a toss up. We could just as easy win 4 in a row as we could lose 4, looking at those fixtures.

Performances are important now for genuine momentum.
Can't quite agree with that HN. We lack the quality of other teams and whilst extra effort may compensate a bit I really don't think we have an even chance in any game.

6Next 8 games Empty Re: Next 8 games Wed Sep 17 2014, 20:35

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good job I've still got my banner really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum