Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman facing the sack as he meets Bolton chairman Phil Gartside for crisis talks

+12
scottjames30
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
observer
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
bryan458
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Bwfc1958
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman will hold crunch talks with Bolton Wanderers on Thursday when he could be sacked after a dreadful start to the Championship season.

Freedman will meet with chairman Phil Gartside in the wake of Wednesday's humiliating 4-0 defeat at Fulham, with his prospects of remaining as manager appearing increasingly bleak.

Bolton have won only once this season and the thrashing at Craven Cottage leaves them second bottom, with Gartside, who has so far resisted pressure to change, now considering whether Freedman's position is untenable.

Freedman insisted after last night’s defeat he is determined to carry on.

The former Crystal Palace manager is known to have been frustrated at missing out on a number of transfer targets over the summer, including Liverpool’s Jordon Ibe and Middlesbrough Lukas Jutkiewicz, who signed for Derby and Burnley respectively.

Gartside has stayed loyal to Freedman but a run of three successive league defeats have increased the pressure.

This is Bolton’s third consecutive season outside the Premier League and relegation to League One would be disastrous for a club which announced debts of nearly £164million in December 2013.

Bolton fans frequently chanted for Freedman’s head during the Fulham game but the 40-year-old claimed he would not be sacked.

He said: “I’m here to work, I’m here to do my very best and that’s what I’m doing right now.

“I’m working very hard to turn this round. I don’t think the players have chucked the towel in, I think they have shown a very good spirit. They have shown a good spirit and kept going.”

Freedman’s current contract at the Macron Stadium expires at the end of this season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

We can only hope......probably won't happen though

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't see it. I honestly think DF is safe.  PG won't sack him when his deal is up in a few months anyway. Mad

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Sadly I'm inclined to agree. By the time dougies contract is up we will be well and truly buried. Sad, sad times.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been Backed with cash to spend

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I hope you mean for his bus fare back to London or Scotland......or anywhere really. Just want the useless shitbag gone

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I hope you mean for his bus fare back to London or Scotland......or anywhere really. Just want the useless shitbag gone
lol!

I might have a drive up to the ground and try and get on telly.

What shall I wear so you can spot me?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I might have a drive up to the ground and try and get on telly.

Your Onesie! Very Happy

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can borrow my dragon suit, that'll get you spotted.

MartinBWFC wrote:

You can borrow my dragon suit, that'll get you spotted.

The crotch-less one?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

How about dougies head on a stick. We can use it as a piñata

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How about going as the grim reaper!!!!!! bounce

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be wearing this...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Just spoke to a friend at the club, he is emptying his desk as we speak. :party:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Just spoke to a friend at the club, he is emptying his desk as we speak. :party:
Who is your friend?......Boggers? Very Happy

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mr Magoo wrote:Just spoke to a friend at the club, he is emptying his desk as we speak. :party:
plz be true!!!!!1

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Despite the handcuffs that were placed upon him, there is a time to cut your losses.  When you have the TWO worst starts in club history, and you have lost the clubhouse, it is time to pack up and leave.  The fault is not just his, but when the players give up, you need someone else in charge.  The rot starts at the top and ends with the players who individually have talent but are not performing on the pitch... albeit poor tactics by Dougie may have taken the fight out of them.  Time for change and it's not too late to move up the table.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Magoo could be on the money with his little snippet.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum