Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things You Wish You Hadn't Said

+9
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Quent
Keegan
bwfc71
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Things You Wish You Hadn't Said - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You Wish You Hadn't Said Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It took me a few seconds to understand that - but well worth it!

Very Happy

22Things You Wish You Hadn't Said - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You Wish You Hadn't Said Thu Apr 26 2012, 23:31

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, i'll have it, more than once i'm afraid.

23Things You Wish You Hadn't Said - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You Wish You Hadn't Said Fri Apr 27 2012, 06:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have a habit of mimicking people's accents!

I know my accent (deep Boltonian) sounds dreadful but I couldn't get offended by somebody ripping it in a million years.

So I tend to assume everybody feels that way about their accents, but it's not always the case. I've pissed many people off with this over the years but they should get a sense of humour.

24Things You Wish You Hadn't Said - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You Wish You Hadn't Said Fri Apr 27 2012, 09:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:I have a habit of mimicking people's accents!

I know my accent (deep Boltonian) sounds dreadful but I couldn't get offended by somebody ripping it in a million years.

So I tend to assume everybody feels that way about their accents, but it's not always the case. I've pissed many people off with this over the years but they should get a sense of humour.

One of my friends over here, she has a real strong scouse accent, only thing is everytime we are chatting away I end up going into a scouse accent myself. I do the same with the Irish friends and even Australian friends - in fact I think i have now mastered the Sydney accent!

25Things You Wish You Hadn't Said - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You Wish You Hadn't Said Fri Apr 27 2012, 09:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The best comment I have ever heard came from my gran, before she was diagnosed with Alzheimers. She was going on holiday with mum and my sister to Tenerife and she was getting some money changed at the Bank. Teh teller asked her where she was going and gran said, "somewhere near Blackpool - Tenerife, have you heard of it?"

Or another one in 1996 when the whole family went to Orlando (Kissimee) - gran was tired on night of arrival and decided to ahve a go at everyone in the family - she then she had had enough and wanted a lift to the nearest station to catch the train home!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum