Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlton 2-1 Bolton

+20
Sluffy
Vendor
Pevensey Pete
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Keegan
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
terenceanne
scottjames30
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shame we lost to Charlton, thought we might have won it from the amount of possession and shots we had according to the stats from the BBC.

42Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:Breadders, I'm on holiday you tit Laughing

Rub some cream on 84 from me.

Very Happy

You have lost me on that one, I'm currently stuck in a static caravan. 

I'm lucky to still be here after the gale force winds this morning, thought i was going to be blown away with the caravan!
Won't be static for long at this rate,

43Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Tue Oct 21 2014, 22:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:Breadders, I'm on holiday you tit Laughing

Rub some cream on 84 from me.

Very Happy

You have lost me on that one, I'm currently stuck in a static caravan. 

I'm lucky to still be here after the gale force winds this morning, thought i was going to be blown away with the caravan!
Won't be static for long at this rate,
I didn't half get a wake up call this morning with it blowing about like a shithouse in a gale, thank god the weather is turning for the good tomorrow.

44Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Tue Oct 21 2014, 23:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LENNON: "Effort and commitment is the minimum. We have to improve in the final third and stop the anxiety." 

LENNON: "There were positives. It was like the Alamo at times and Lonergan pretty much got frostbite." 

LENNON: "We were asleep for the goals and in the end we lost the game. Playing well is no consolation."

45Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

from the commentary on GMR we battered them in the second half but we just don't have that extra bit of quality upfront to put away the chances, but considering its only Lennons second game in charge i thought the change in mindset was the biggest plus for me.
We actually played like a team chasing a game and not waiting for the opposition to make a mistake. The amount of possession, shots, corners etc pointed to a team giving it a real go so i'm not too disappointed overall.
Three points on Saturday would make it 6 from 9 and we weren't expecting that under Dougie.

46Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: i thought the change in mindset was the biggest plus for me.
We actually played like a team chasing a game and not waiting for the opposition to make a mistake. 
Totally agree and exactly what was expected seeing as the only changes Lennon has made since Dougie's departure are motivational plus pushing further up the pitch and competing to retain possession tactically.
That said, I don't think it's so much the "mindset" of the players as "the job Lennon has given the players to do" i.e. press, win the ball, keep the ball, look to attack.

I think that simply by doing these things, it feels like we have a chance and with a bit of quality we'll be fine.

I just don't want to go from being a side that sits back waiting for an opening that never seemed to come to a side that holds the ball and pushes on but huffs and puffs to get an outcome. As Lennon pointed out, looking better is pointless if the result is the same.

Lennon has done exactly what Dougie should have done with that system, but there are limits to what can be achieved with this squad. However it may turn out that one or more of the players he has yet to look at may thrive playing more forward.

47Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 10:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:LENNON: "Effort and commitment is the minimum. We have to improve in the final third and stop the anxiety." 

LENNON: "There were positives. It was like the Alamo at times and Lonergan pretty much got frostbite." 

LENNON: "We were asleep for the goals and in the end we lost the game. Playing well is no consolation."

What's your point? It's just more PR bullshit that means nothing.

The simple fact is we lost. Again.

48Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 10:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:LENNON: "Effort and commitment is the minimum. We have to improve in the final third and stop the anxiety." 

What's your point? It's just more PR bullshit that means nothing.

The simple fact is we lost. Again.
Sure we lost.
We expected to lose. We have a shit squad and no transfer budget and have been saying as much since the beginning of the season. Nobody is stupid enough to think we are not in a relegation battle or that a new manager is the answer to all our problems.
Boggers is pointing out that the PR bullshit has a ring of truth about it on this occasion.

49Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggers is pointing out that the PR bullshit has a ring of truth about it on this occasion.

So when Dougie says it, it's bullshit? But when Lennon says it, it must be true?

I gave Lennon a chance, but this is the final straw.

50Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 13:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

So when Dougie says it, it's bullshit? But when Lennon says it, it must be true?

this is either an extreme case of sarcasm or over-reaction but i can't decide which Rolling Eyes

51Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 13:13

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You have very few straws... and the team has no finishers.  Dougie talked the talk, but couldn't walk the walk.  Give Lennon a chance... at least the team showed some spirit yesterday.  With a finisher upfront, we would have won by two or three. Gartside needs to understand you have to spend some £ to get a finisher and/or a better defense.

52Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

this is either an extreme case of sarcasm or over-reaction but i can't decide which Rolling Eyes
For effect.

53Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 16:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those who follow my work know that I lived in New York for 3 years.

My Dad rang me one day when I was out with my model friends and said "Natasha, Preston Businesswoman of the Year (twice), the company is struggling and we need you back in the office."

Within 24 hours of being back I had secured three new contracts and beaten the MONTHS target by 50%.

If you're good, you can make dramatic improvements very quickly.

54Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 16:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Those who follow my work know that I lived in New York for 3 years.

My Dad rang me one day when I was out with my model friends and said "Natasha, Preston Businesswoman of the Year (twice), the company is struggling and we need you back in the office."

Within 24 hours of being back I had secured three new contracts and beaten the MONTHS target by 50%.

If you're good, you can make dramatic improvements very quickly.

you should write your autobiography Nat it would be an inspirational read for fellow fantasists Laughing

55Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

you should write your autobiography Nat it would be an inspirational read for fellow fantasists Laughing

Trust me, I've had offers.

56Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 17:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unchanged team last night. I can't remember the last time that happened at this club.
To be honest, I've never had a problem with managers changing winning sides.
If somebody plays crap, I don't see why he should keep his place just because we won. The problem with Dougie was he would often drop the players that were instrumental in a win. It was all very needless and almost just for the sake of it.
We were so wasteful against Birmingham, I'd have at least been tempted to make a change or two.
Does anybody know what the deal is with Joe Mason? Not even on the bench last night. I'd have definitely brought him back in.

57Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 17:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mason had a hamstring injury on the day according to Lennon.

58Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 17:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Unchanged team last night. I can't remember the last time that happened at this club.
To be honest, I've never had a problem with managers changing winning sides.
If somebody plays crap, I don't see why he should keep his place just because we won. The problem with Dougie was he would often drop the players that were instrumental in a win. It was all very needless and almost just for the sake of it.
We were so wasteful against Birmingham, I'd have at least been tempted to make a change or two.
Does anybody know what the deal is with Joe Mason? Not even on the bench last night. I'd have definitely brought him back in.
This unchanged team thing is bollocks unless you happen to have a brilliant team. We don't.
Problem Dougie had was that in dropping players when they had a mare, changes were made all over the place - because they all had a mare at one time or another.
Lennon is homing in on improving the strikers/front 6 which is a huge change as Dougie's focus was on defence and protecting them. I expect changes up front and hopefully someone will step up to the plate and do the business. Could be Mason - he's on a season-long loan - but he's either got a knock or Lennon doesn't rate him. TBF to Lennon he's given the 2 big lads first shot at securing a place but they let him (and us) down so maybe the youngsters will get a chance if Mason is injured?

59Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 17:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Problem Dougie had was that in dropping players when they had a mare, changes were made all over the place - because they all had a mare at one time or another.

You're forgetting the players that didn't have mares, but wound up on the bench regardless.

60Charlton 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton 2-1 Bolton Wed Oct 22 2014, 20:46

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Lennon is slowly seeing that we have a bunch of hard working lads but minimal quality.  That's not something that can be fixed in the near future unfortunately.
Apart from our well documented problems with strikers, the problem for me is lack of goals from midfield.  Spearing, Medo, Pratts, Mavis, chungy, Trotter,  plus whoever else you want to class as a midfielder.  I'll bet there 's not 10 goals between the lot of them over the last year.  Which means they do not get forward enough or take enough shots or they are backed up in defense. That could possibly be addressed in training.  Right there would take a lot of pressure off  Beckford at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum