Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon's "best team"

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lennon's "best team" Empty Lennon's "best team" Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless that was a flash in the pan last night, it looks like Lennon is getting closer to the team he wants although I've no doubt the experimentation will continue in some areas.
Along the way there have already been some casualties:
What's happened to Medo for example?
Is it the bench from here on in for two of Dougie's stalwarts Spearing and Beckford?
Herd and Garvan have been sent home - not that we'd notice.
Is Moxey now out of the equation?
The young pretenders Kellett, Riley, White etc have been exiled for now.
Mason and McNaughton were ineligible last night - but will they be reintroduced or is Lennon done with them?
Coming in the opposite direction are Feeney and Vela. There was a time when I thought Vela might not play for us again. What is clear is that those currently favoured are absolutely willing to give everything for the cause.
In switching from Dougie's "sit back and let them have the ball" style to "push on, press and keep possession" under Lennon, it is inevitable that some players will fall by the wayside but what has impressed me is Lennon seems to have a good look at everyone and rather than go to the loan market to solve the obvious deficiencies, and has focussed on getting the best out of our players.

If the ones he has marginalised step up to the challenge we could have the bones of a team that can get us out of this mess. And nobody will complain if a few former favourites are lost along the way.

2Lennon's "best team" Empty Re: Lennon's "best team" Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:40

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Medo is injured apparently.

3Lennon's "best team" Empty Re: Lennon's "best team" Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:58

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

B.D.P wrote:Medo is injured apparently.
Injured? Not sure as he did play full 90 minutes for the `stiffs` on Monday night. Maybe a lack of fitness?

4Lennon's "best team" Empty Re: Lennon's "best team" Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:01

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Who knows then.

I got told he'd returned from international duty with an injury.

5Lennon's "best team" Empty Re: Lennon's "best team" Wed Nov 05 2014, 13:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was glad Spearing was dropped last night, he has been awful all this season and most of last in my opinion. When he came on he looked very subdued as well, i don't think he was expecting to get the chop and he didn't look happy. His passing was very poor again as well.
I thought Danns did very well in more of a holding role but i'm not sure if Lennon will play this way away from home. If he does go more defensive i would rather see Medo play than Spearing.

Cravies had a blinder last night and rushed and harried their centr backs all game, would Beckford have been capable of this? no chance!

As for Vela, he was excellent, he got forward well and defended when he needed to and his passing was good, he deserves to stay in and who knows he may make the position his own.

It was good to see that Lennon could change the formation quite easily as well to match the diamond Cardiff went with in the second half, our previous manager would never have done that thats for sure.

6Lennon's "best team" Empty Re: Lennon's "best team" Wed Nov 05 2014, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just wondering if there's more tinkering to come.
Thought we got away with it a bit last night as (surprisingly given their players) our back 4 wasn't tested too much.

When Lennon says he hasn't found his best team yet I wonder what he means exactly. Best team for which system, which opposition, best home team or what?

Whatever he means I liked the lively midfield quartet and the overlapping FBs thing so I hope he sticks with that in principle at least.

I just think he'll make further changes to personnel for some reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum