Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British politics - I officially give up.

+16
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Bwfc1958
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Scott,

If you could read normally (like us grown-ups) you would already know that I've gone back to work, as I posted a thread about it a couple of weeks ago when I asked if anybody had ever used an umbrella company to manage their self-employed tax an NI payments.

Fail.

Keep digging, though......

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:how can any one seriously vote UKIP?  You don't really expect them to form a government- or even being a serious influence on UK politics.

What a stupid statement, they will play a major part in the next UK government one way or another.

And I am seriously going to vote UKIP even though I couldn't name more than 5 UKIP politicians and they only have one major policy. But that policy happens to be the single most important topic of the last 30 years.

Now apologise or expect a death threat in the post.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

*** SCOTT WILL BE TAKING A NIGHT OFF ***

THE MODS

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:Trying to get back on message about British politics(rather than this ongoing tedious personal vendetta) - how can any one seriously vote UKIP?  You don't really expect them to form a government- or even being a serious influence on UK politics. They are utterly devoid of policies. They are a one issue party and they even change that on a daily basis.

Here's a challenge. You've all heard of Farage and Reckless- so name another UKIP politician from memory.
Don't Google it- just name one.
British politics is alive and kicking. its just that we've got  a set of tossers as politicians at the minute

Carswell
Louise Bours (although she was previously called Louise van den Bours)
Paul Nuttall
Both the Hamiltons

That's without googling or whatever!!!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:how can any one seriously vote UKIP?  You don't really expect them to form a government- or even being a serious influence on UK politics.

What a stupid statement, they will play a major part in the next UK government one way or another.

And I am seriously going to vote UKIP even though I couldn't name more than 5 UKIP politicians and they only have one major policy. But that policy happens to be the single most important topic of the last 30 years.

SNP will hold the balance of Power in the next Government! And they will probably side with Labour as SNP hate The Conservatives, and any other right-wing party!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Trying to get back on message about British politics(rather than this ongoing tedious personal vendetta) - how can any one seriously vote UKIP?  You don't really expect them to form a government- or even being a serious influence on UK politics. They are utterly devoid of policies. They are a one issue party and they even change that on a daily basis.

Here's a challenge. You've all heard of Farage and Reckless- so name another UKIP politician from memory.
British politics is alive and kicking. its just that we've got  a set of tossers as politicians at the minute

Carswell
Paul Nuttall
Both the Hamiltons

Good for you- I bet not many others could name them.
But look at them!!
FFS-the Hamiltons?
I should have said 'serious' members of UKIP

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It used to be the case that the only moral choice was Labour, but sadly they have become as untrustworthy as the other parties who are liable to make promises they cannot keep, just to try to echo what they think the public want to hear. Such transparent attempts at courting favour by prostituting themselves and their values is utterly dispiriting. 

Right now, the only party who are sincere is the Green Party.....and a couple of their policies are somewhat impractical. Nevertheless, they remain the best of a bad bunch and could be a useful restraining and civilising influence.

Interestingly, I do think Nicola Sturgeon speaks sense and is quite impressive. Some of the SNP's policies are also worthy. They might make intelligent coalition partners to save us from the excesses and hypocrisies of the main parties.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

No apology forthcoming- so you might as well send the death threat.
They'll have between 5 and 8 MPs if they're lucky and will be a pinprick nuisance in Westminster, a laughing stock as their current two MPs are.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Carswell
Paul Nuttall
Both the Hamiltons

Good for you- I bet not many others could name them.
But look at them!!
FFS-the Hamiltons?
I should have said 'serious' members of UKIP

Worst thing is they (the Hamiltons) are part of the high command chain of UKIP!!!

As for Paul Nuttall I cannot stand the bald scouse twat - he would sell his own grandmother if he knew he could make a quick profit!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
They'll have between 5 and 8 MPs if they're lucky and will be a pinprick nuisance in Westminster, a laughing stock as their current two MPs are.

Hardly a laughing stock to come from nowhere to become the 3rd biggest party in Britain.

If they're a laughing stock why do they keep winning elections? I bet you vote Labour because your grandad did.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Hardly a laughing stock to come from nowhere to become the 3rd biggest party in Britain.

If they're a laughing stock why do they keep winning elections? I bet you vote Labour because your grandad did.

they have won 2 elections out of 5 - but in each instance the margin is far less than predicted, Labour have increased their share and so have The Greens, only party to lose out have been The Conservatives.

Rotherham PCC - UKIP didn't win 
Heywood & Middleton  UKIP didn't win
of all the local by-elections in Bolton UKIP didn't win

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

3rd biggest party in Britain? Rochester and Strood isn't Britain- its a small constituency to the south east of London.
 Tell me that on May 7th next year when big Nige will have the inane grin wiped off his gormless face
And as for both my grandfathers voting Labour! Sorry chuck- they were a pair of rampant Tories!!

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I lost interest in Politics before the last Election and nothing since as changed my mind enough to start Voting again ( not that anyone probably gives a fuck) Just saying ... Disgruntled Bolton Sad

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chairmanda wrote:Ok ,let me 'fess up. Not only do I subscribe to the 'you don't vote, you don't get to criticise' school of thought, I took it one further and decided to stand as well, on the 'stop just criticising, try to change it' principle. Democracy is a dreadful system, but there isn't a better one! Yes, I have canvassed people who have said things like "I'm voting Tory cosi want to renationalise the railways" or "I'm voting for Labour cos their guy had the same name as my favourite cousin" and their vote carries as much weight as someone who has dlligently read everything they can and made an informed choice on who best represents their views and will work hard for them. My in depth analysis is that anyone who claims to be able to do an in depth analysis is naive! Politics has changed, it's fractured, it's had a long term coalition, social media makes accessibility both easy but also soundbitey...I could go on, and normally do. I will do my best to retain my council seat, I will continue to work the hardest I can for my ward, and I will encourage everyone to vote ( I don't get ramapantly feminist, but women died so I had the right to vote, how disrespectful of me not to use it and yes, in the past, I have gone to a ballot station and deliberately spoilt my vote...I wanted to show I cared enough to vote, but also felt 'none of the above' was the right answer for me)

Good honest post Manda and fwiw if I were in your ward I'd vote for you, not because of your politics but because you clearly are a dedicated and conscientious ward councillor.

Sadly many people tend to vote for a party than the individual, so I hope you retain your seat at your next election.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

3rd biggest party in Britain? Rochester and Strood isn't Britain- its a small constituency to the south east of London.
 Tell me that on May 7th next year when big Nige will have the inane grin wiped off his gormless face
And as for both my grandfathers voting Labour! Sorry chuck- they were a pair of rampant Tories!!

A week in politics is a long time so many things may happen between now and May but as it stands now UKIP will probably poll the third most votes at the next election - overtaking the Lib-Dems.

Whether this manifests itself in terms of seats may be a different matter BUT as long as the issue of immigration remains to be high profile - and with todays news that our population as grown by nearly a qurater of a million more people in the last twelve months from net immigration (that is the balance between people entering the country less the people leaving it) - who put more of a strain on things like housing, transport, education, etc, etc, - and that the bulk of this comes from EU migrants - then UKIP popularity will not be diminished anytime soon.

And if anything will grow even more popular imo.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thank you sluffy, appreciated. You are right, a lot of very hard working and conscientious local people have lost their positions because of national politics, I am a libdem, and don't and won't hide that, but the amount of difference that makes to my capacity to help someone get re homed, get a pothole filled, sort out recycling times etc etc can be minimal....it's reckoned only 5% vote for the person not the party, and when general and local elections happen on the same day, it's only a similar number who vote for different parties in each.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Right, so people in Rochester & Strood will vote completely differently than every other area of the UK? Do you actually read what you post?

The UKIP revolution is here, and I think people are going to be surprised how many loyal Tories & Labour voters will jump ship come May 2015.

And to those who say leaving the EU will have an impact on the economy - bullshit! Are all our German/Dutch/French suppliers/customers suddenly going to stop dealing with us? Dream on.

Whittam International plc will go from strength to strength without the bullshit that comes out of Brussels.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

And to those who say leaving the EU will have an impact on the economy - bullshit! Are all our German/Dutch/French suppliers/customers suddenly going to stop dealing with us? Dream on.

If Sterling is detrimentally affected so that it becomes too expensive to trade with the UK they may well stop dealing with us, but it will vary from sector to sector. How a UKIP government would restructure European payments so that the money we put in is used to compensate for e.g. the enormous Agricultural subsidies we receive in return is debatable, but we should at least expect a huge rise in the cost of food and anyone currently trading with UK companies would be negligent if they didn't at least check out alternative suppliers if we were to withdraw. Some people will get hurt in the process.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Right, so people in Rochester & Strood will vote completely differently than every other area of the UK? Do you actually read what you post?

The UKIP revolution is here, and I think people are going to be surprised how many loyal Tories & Labour voters will jump ship come May 2015.

Whittam International plc will go from strength to strength without the bullshit that comes out of Brussels.

As UKIP only intend to put up candidates in 40 or 50 constituencies out of just over 600- then in the vast majority of areas they will vote differently as there will be no UKIP candidate to vote for!!.
 As for leaving the EU and not damaging the economy- have it your way- and when we return to the tariff barriers we had pre the Common Market then your imaginary Whittam Inc will see the difference.
There are  whole host of countries who compete with Britain who will remain in the EU and who will simply pick up tariff free trade.

Dream on yourself - in your mythical little world

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lets not forget that migration figures coming into the UK includes Ex-pats who are moving back to the UK after 3 months or more living overseas!  In fact, just today, I spoke to an expat who has come back for a month, after 3 months in Spain, and is going back to Spain next month.  Why only 3 months at a time- because that way they don't lose free NHS or don't lose their benefits such as pensions!!! (as according to England & Welsh law a UK citizens loses all rights to Free NHS and state benefits if live overseas for 3 months  - if they come back after the 3 months limit then they have to prove that benefits will not be leaving the country and a means to health insurance for the first 6 months!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum