Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good lager, bad lager

+7
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
Keegan
BWFCinPhila
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Thu Feb 23 2012, 22:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Me and my dad had some Juniper Green a few weeks ago Copper. Highly recommended if you've not had it before. Bit sickly though.

32Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Thu Feb 23 2012, 22:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Like a Sloe Gin was it Cocker?

33Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Thu Feb 23 2012, 22:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will try this Steinlager from Asda. I reckon BWFC71 has sampled Hertog Jan.

34Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Thu Feb 23 2012, 22:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's an organic gin, CD.

Very distinctive, full bodied taste. Really worth a try at 13 quid a 70cl bottle in Asda.

35Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I will try this Steinlager from Asda. I reckon BWFC71 has sampled Hertog Jan.

I have, but definitely not my cup of tea, plus its only €1 per small bottle in Albert Heijn where as 1/2 lite can of Stella is €1.25 - so you can guess what I buy at the supermarket.

I notice that Bavaria beer seems to be plugging itself massively in the UK. Everytime I drink that over here I always end up with a very bad taste in my mouth the next day - and that has nothing to do with the Shoarma's on the way home. But is it the full 5.7% or is it the near alcohol-free Bavaria beer?

36Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:52

Just got some bottles of Carling Chrome from the supermarket 8 bottles for a fiver and got to say it is really quite nice.

37Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:18

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"I have, but definitely not my cup of tea, plus its only €1 per small bottle in Albert Heijn where as 1/2 lite can of Stella is €1.25 - so you can guess what I buy at the supermarket."

Just shows the superior quality of it BWFC71 Smile

There's a little hotel in Geldrop near Eindhoven that does it on tap, best pint in the Nederlands.

You're a brave lad eating them Shoarma's. Very Happy

38Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Fri Feb 24 2012, 09:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Best lager I had was in Belize. Belikin beer. Also spent over 8 years in Cyprus, and when I first went there, (72-75) I drank Keo. It was said that a sample was sent back to UK, and it came back with 6(?) different poisons or unhealthy chemicals in it. Second tour (77-80), I was on Carlsberg, but gave it up for the brandy cokes as it was too rough. Dont even touch lager now, prefer bitter.

39Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:"I have, but definitely not my cup of tea, plus its only €1 per small bottle in Albert Heijn where as 1/2 lite can of Stella is €1.25 - so you can guess what I buy at the supermarket."

Just shows the superior quality of it BWFC71 Smile

There's a little hotel in Geldrop near Eindhoven that does it on tap, best pint in the Nederlands.

You're a brave lad eating them Shoarma's. Very Happy

Needed something to replace the weekly drunken kebab, and at €2 at the snack bar near my abode, it has to be done!!

There is a micro brewery in Amsterdam itself, with its own attached bar, and windmill, cannot remember name at moment, but their beer is just absolutely gorgeous!

There again I think my taste buds are changing as I do seem to like the more independent micro brweries as the beer does taste a hell of a lot better - its like when I am back in Bolton (as I will be from Tuesday for a few days) my normal tipple nowadays is Bank Top ales, such as Flat Cap.

40Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Fri Feb 24 2012, 21:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thought I'd give Red Stripe a go tonight.

Majorly disappointed.

41Good lager, bad lager - Page 3 Empty Re: Good lager, bad lager Fri Feb 24 2012, 22:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I tried Red Stripe and didn't like the taste at all. Grolsch is another one that leaves a bad taste as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum