Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billy Davies

+13
Mallorca Trotter
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
Mo
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
xmiles
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
doffcocker
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 21:21

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:I'm a big fan of Steve Kean at the moment.

Steve Kean is still the manger of Blackburn becase the Venkys have not sacked him only the CEO geezer.

42Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 21:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I always athought Billie Davis was a singer from the 60's, (nice looking girl if I remember)

43Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 21:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:RT, if we keep Coyle, and he gets us promoted, then we will have to get rid of him before we come up, as he's already proven that he can't cope with the Premier.

On the face of it, that's a really logical statement.

But dig away at the veneer and it's just another opinion.

Coyle "coped with the Premier" when he took over and took us out of the relegation zone.

Coyle "coped with the Premier" when we spent 95% of last season in the top half.

I would also say Coyle has "coped with the Premier" since January when we have been in comfortably mid-table form.

I really don't know what people expect Bolton Wanderers to achieve in the Premier League. We have no transfer budget, some of the smallest revenues in the division and a small, injury ravaged squad.

11 years in the Premier League and Big Sam have spoilt a lot of our fans.

Unless we get major new investment from somewhere we will be perrenial strugglers at Premier League level.

44Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 21:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Your last points where basically what i was getting at in my thread "what is the point of..."

It really doesn't matter who's manager this club has a glass ceiling without a new owner.

45Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 22:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The biggest problem for this club is the fans accepting second best before a ball is kicked. This happened when we played the top 6 of 7 at the beginning of the season. We started with no fight and carried on that mindset for the rest of the season. There is a glass ceiling, but only on our expectations. The management aren't stupid, if they see the fans aren't expec;ting a lot, they won't provide a lot, and still pocket good wages.

LH, love your technique, start off with a complimentary comment, then kick me in the nuts Very Happy

46Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 22:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:The biggest problem for this club is the fans accepting second best before a ball is kicked. This happened when we played the top 6 of 7 at the beginning of the season. We started with no fight and carried on that mindset for the rest of the season. There is a glass ceiling, but only on our expectations. The management aren't stupid, if they see the fans aren't expec;ting a lot, they won't provide a lot, and still pocket good wages.

LH, love your technique, start off with a complimentary comment, then kick me in the nuts Very Happy

The management try to win football games, do they not? They don't think "the fans have accepted we're shit or having a bad run, lets go round Owen's house and eat neeps n tatties and watch his 'Highlander' box set"?

Nothing wrong with the fans being there as a stakeholder in the club, like the media, and keeping the club 'honest', but I don't think there's anything in what you're saying. Coyle loves football, he loves Bolton Wanderers and he wants to do well. True?

I don't have a special technique, gloswhite, other than delivering quality in every pithy word Very Happy

47Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 22:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Coyle "coped with the Premier" when he took over and took us out of the relegation zone.

Coyle "coped with the Premier" when we spent 95% of last season in the top half.

I would also say Coyle has "coped with the Premier" since January when we have been in comfortably mid-table form.

I really don't know what people expect Bolton Wanderers to achieve in the Premier League. We have no transfer budget, some of the smallest revenues in the division and a small, injury ravaged squad.

Unless we get major new investment from somewhere we will be perrenial strugglers at Premier League level.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling now, but on the off chance you are not I will bite.

True, the PL is a tough league, but we had the squad and the cash to finish 17th comfortably. You claim lack of funds is an issue, but Coyle spent £7m on two strikers this season who scored 3 goals between them. We could have got Kevin Phillips for peanuts and he'd have scored 3 goals in a fortnight.

It makes me laugh when people defend Coyle. Injuries, bad luck, lack of cash are all excuses. Excuses made by the bottom 3 teams every season.

48Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 22:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're trolling now, but on the off chance you are not I will bite.

True, the PL is a tough league, but we had the squad and the cash to finish 17th comfortably. You claim lack of funds is an issue, but Coyle spent £7m on two strikers this season who scored 3 goals between them. We could have got Kevin Phillips for peanuts and he'd have scored 3 goals in a fortnight.

It makes me laugh when people defend Coyle. Injuries, bad luck, lack of cash are all excuses. Excuses made by the bottom 3 teams every season.

Ngog was funded by the sale of Al-Habsi.
Sordell was funded by the sale of Cahill.

COYLE HAS HAD NO NET MONEY TO SPEND IN FIVE TRANSFER WINDOWS.

When will you finally understand?

I'm simply making the point, to gloswhite, that is it NOT "proven that Coyle cannot cope at PL level".

49Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 22:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I'm simply making the point, to gloswhite, that is it NOT "proven that Coyle cannot cope at PL level".

He had £7m in cold hard cash to play with. He bought badly. Dress it up all you like but are you trying to say he'd have spent the £7m differently had the money come from another source??

50Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 22:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

He had £7m in cold hard cash to play with. He bought badly. Dress it up all you like but are you trying to say he'd have spent the £7m differently had the money come from another source??

I'm not dressing anything up - it's a fact. Ask your mole.

You know where I stand on Coyle, I know where you stand on Coyle, this is a futile discussion.

But for the benefit of others I will rake over old coals.

We are not 18th in the table solely because of Owen Coyle's shortcomings. If he was inherently incompetent, he wouldn't have kept us up in 09/10, he wouldn't have kept us in the top half of the table for the vast majority of 10/11, and we wouldn't have demonstrated mid-table form since Christmas.

We are 18th in the table because we had a terrible period August-mid December this season, This is partly Coyle's fault, and it is partly the fault of factors beyond Coyle's control.

I'm also not saying he got everything right in his transfer dealings, for instance he should have added a CM in January and he probably should have bought a player he intended to play this season instead of Sordell, however, this is not why we are 18th in the table, our form has been acceptable since the transfer window closed.

51Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 23:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

doffcocker wrote:We're being linked with Avram Grant today.

Be careful what you wish for ladies and gentlemen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting but even if true, he will only come if we avoid relegation.

52Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Wed May 09 2012, 23:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We don't want Baron Greenback, relegated or otherwise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

53Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Thu May 10 2012, 12:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Coyle was to be shown the door which is unlikley how about Gus Poyet?

Gus Poyet is on the verge of quitting Brighton after it emerged he is on the wanted list of three top West Midlands clubs.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

54Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Thu May 10 2012, 13:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brighton have been playing some decent stuff under Poyet. I just can't see outr board making any decisions until they see whether we have survived or not. Season ticket sales for next season will play a big part in whether or not we stick with Coyle.

Any new manager will want his own backroom staff and they all want paying.

55Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Thu May 10 2012, 17:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top West Midlands clubs, well Wolves and West Brom are looking for managers, maybe Villa will be too.

I can't imagine a world in which we would be more appealing to Poyet over them clubs, especially if we go down.

If Coyle does decide to pack it in, and we're in the championship, the caliber of manager we will be looking at will be on another planet of shit.

56Billy Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Billy Davies Thu May 10 2012, 17:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see Gartside getting shut of coyle to be honest, he is still saying we're in the position we are in through injuries to Lee and Holden and has real faith in Coyle for some reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum