Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi - You've got to love him

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jussi - You've got to love him Empty Jussi - You've got to love him Tue 8 May - 11:08

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jussi Jaaskelainen insists he has no regrets about staying with Bolton Wanderers.

The 34-year-old Finn has played over 500 games for Bolton during his time at The Reebok Stadium.

However, he has lost his first-team place this season and has spent most of the campaign as back-up to Adam Bogdan.

Not too long ago Jaaskelainen was regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in England and he was linked to a host of clubs - and he admits Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid and AC Milan all previously showed an interest in him.

"I haven't regretted anything although Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid and AC Milan all wanted to sign me," he told told Hungarian weekly Kepes Sport.

"My team is Bolton Wanderers in the good times and in the bad times too, I feel at home at this club."

Bogdan praise

Jaaskelainen is also full of praise for Bogdan, who has taken over in goal.

"Bogdan is a submissive, respectful and a very hard-working man, I like working with him," he said.

"I didn't fall apart (when I was pushed out of the first team by him) but I wouldn't say I easily accepted it.

"Like every goalkeeper I'm only satisfied when the team sheet starts with my name. But it was in the air that sooner or later he would grab the chance if he got it.

"When I was suspended last year he couldn't stick in the goal but this year when I was injured he showed impressive performances. He deserved his place. Our relationship is like in the past, if he asks the opinion of the 'old Jussi', I help him with pleasure."

Players like Zat Knight just don't come close.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Very nice. Oddly gave me a lump. (in my throat)

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but remember when he faked the back injury! lol!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bogdan is a submissive Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum