Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi

+4
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jussi Empty Jussi Tue Feb 26 2013, 17:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know it counts for nothing but I've just been reading Garth Crooks team of the week where he picked Jasskelainen as his keeper - this is what he says about him -

Joe Hart and Mark Schwarzer came close to making my team this week. However, had it not been for Jaaskelainen's performance for West Ham against Tottenham, Spurs could have scored five or six goals. Forget the three that flew past him and focus on the eight or nine world-class saves he made. He gave the Hammers the best possible chance of not just staying in the game but winning it. It takes a special performance to let three goals in and still get in my Team of the Week.

Did you know? His 11 saves in tonight's game is the first time a goalkeeper has reached double figures in a single Premier League game this season.

Think we made a mistake by letting go to early - it sounds like it to me!

Anybody see the game?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Tue Feb 26 2013, 17:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was out playing darts and they had the game on Sky in the pub. Jussi did have a really good game and he had no chance with the three goals that Spurs scored. The goal by Gareth Bale was an absolute howitzer. Jussi is still a good keeper but I don't se him putting in a performance like last night, week in and week out.

3Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Tue Feb 26 2013, 18:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was at his best last night no doubt but before the game hammers fans were slating him as he's been poor throughout the season.

We definitely got his best and most consistent years, but it was time to let him go.

His performance last night was nowhere near as good as that time we played Hull away.

4Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Tue Feb 26 2013, 20:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm pleased he had a good game but we needed to move on and his performances for us were a bit variable in his last season. Like others I think selling Al Habsi was a mistake though.

5Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jaaskelainen epitomises the players we needed to get off the books last summer - overpaid and past his best. I don't think we did a thorough job.

6Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Tue Feb 26 2013, 23:28

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jussi is still better than what we have now imo.

But I bet he was on twice as much as Bogdan and Lonergan put together.

7Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Wed Feb 27 2013, 07:27

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its the Kevin Nolan scenario, he went stale for us and needed a new challenge, good luck to him.

8Jussi Empty Re: Jussi Wed Feb 27 2013, 13:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've watched Jussi several times this season and he's been poor. He's still a major flapper and while he's one of the best shot-stoppers around, he's not a keeper you want when the chips are down.

One of the few good decisions Coyle made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum