Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do Beautiful People Get Further In Life?

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
xmiles
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Until yesterday I always thought I had risen to the role of international businesswoman of the decade through my hard work, 100% effort, and sharp mind.

But yesterday afternoon I had to fire a salesman for shagging on the job, and as he was leaving he shouted across the office that I was only where I was in life because I am "hot".

Is this true? It kept me awake virtually all last night. Do I get all these contracts because I am an ex-model with amazingly long legs? Was I awarded my PhD because I wore a tight skirt all the time? Did I win 'Preston Female Role Model of the Year' because I work out at the gym every day?

Perhaps this is true because when I look around at the people in my life I realise that the majority of the successful ones are good looking. So this begs the question, do the beautiful people get further in life? And is it just because they are more confident and driven or does society give them more breaks than the ugly people?

What better way to gauge public opinion than on a football forum full of geeks.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

yes - its a fact.

you hardly ever see an ugly company director.

I'm not saying you only have to be beautiful, but when you walk in to a meeting and people 'like the look of you' they automatically take more notice of you and are more open to listening and taking on board your ideas. I work in a job were I have regular 'meetings' and notice this all the time.

brains help you get ahead, but aesthetics help you get your 'foot in the door' so to speak.

obviously, as im stunning, ive shinned up the corporate ladder pretty well... Laughing

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There may be some truth in it. We are certainly more attracted to people who are pleasing to look at.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Never been into long legged women, much prefer women around 5-2 with school girl figures. You can walk around the house all day shagging while you are multi tasking.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Pocket pokes i call them, lovely.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its better to be totally ruthless and very good at what you do.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Short answer: yes. There is plenty of research to confirm this. If you are a man it also helps to be tall. Look at how many successful businessmen, politicians, etc are tall.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

There was an experiment in a supermarket with fit check out girls and ugly ones. The line was always longer at the fit girl till regardless of the sex of the customer. You might have thought people would just choose the shortest line to get out quicker but it seems people sometimes pick the till they fancy using. (literally)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Biggie wrote:There was an experiment in a supermarket with fit check out girls and ugly ones. The line was always longer at the fit girl till regardless of the sex of the customer. You might have thought people would just choose the shortest line to get out quicker but it seems people sometimes pick the till they fancy using. (literally)

so that's why my queue was always longer than weird ashleys!

I always hire the fit girls regardless of their talents. I find out about those after hours.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:There was an experiment in a supermarket with fit check out girls and ugly ones. The line was always longer at the fit girl till regardless of the sex of the customer. You might have thought people would just choose the shortest line to get out quicker but it seems people sometimes pick the till they fancy using. (literally)

I can quite believe that. I always make a beeline for a very attractive check-out girl at my local Asda. It's the stimulating conversation you see.

P.S. Her pretty smile and splendid pair of top bollocks are just a minor distraction.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think there's only room for one Samantha Brick Nat.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think there's only room for one Samantha Brick Nat.

This.

If you do a Google news search and look through the archives you'll find something a bit less fresh in others' memories to imitate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm tiring of the Hipster/Largehat lapdog act, if you don't like a thread then don't post on it.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's not an act. He really is my lapdog.

I'll post anything I like, on any thread I like.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:It's not an act. He really is my lapdog.

Want to bet?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:It's not an act. He really is my lapdog.

Want to bet?

God, I haven't heard that comeback since I was about nine years old.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Retro is cool right now.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Retro is cool right now.

OK, so bear that in mind next time you're recycling guff from the Daily Mail.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listen up bellend, this thread has nothing to do with the Daily Mail, I was interested what people really thought. I was hoping some ugly bugger might have pitched up saying he was MD of a huge company. If you don't like a thread then either argue the point or don't post - nothing puts people off starting threads more than the thread police.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum