Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do Beautiful People Get Further In Life?

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
xmiles
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it okay if I post some guff from the Sun ? It's much more exciting.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Listen up bellend, this thread has nothing to do with the Daily Mail, I was interested what people really thought. I was hoping some ugly bugger might have pitched up saying he was MD of a huge company. If you don't like a thread then either argue the point or don't post - nothing puts people off starting threads more than the thread police.

You do have a way with words Nat. I am amused by the highlighted phrase above.

Clearly I'm not "policing" your thread. I don't believe the implication that this experience is going to chasten you from starting future threads. You love being the centre of attention too much.

You're very fond of diverting the direction of a thread when it suits you, I don't get all precious when you do that.

I think the point that we had a lengthy thread about Samantha Brick - what, 6 weeks ago - is a valid one.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I think the point that we had a lengthy thread about Samantha Brick - what, 6 weeks ago - is a valid one.

Please link me to the bit of that thread where the board discussed whether being beautiful lead to better openings in life.

I am considered extremely handsome. I currently work part-time at the library. Does that answer your question Natasha?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Please link me to the bit of that thread where the board discussed whether being beautiful lead to better openings in life.

That specific discussion didn't take place because the majority of posters recognised that the Brick article was preposterous and didn't merit serious discourse. The only person who seemed to take the Brick article remotely seriously was... well I am sure I don't need to say.

And there was one poster who made 2-3 attempts to make the thread not about Samantha Brick but about other posters... who was that? Again I don't need to say.

And how many posters whined and told that poster to stop spoiling the article? None.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

can i be enlightened as to who this Samantha brick is please?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

its ok... a quick google search told me.

yes, i can see the similarities in this article and 'brick-gate' Neutral

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:can i be enlightened as to who this Samantha brick is please?

She's a troll who wrote a hilarious article in the Daily Mail about how women hate her because she is so beautiful, and how she is showered by male attention.

You will find the link here:

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t750-hilarious-samantha-brick-article

She received literally tens of thousands of mocking responses, it was quite unprecedented.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

thanks Largehat...

slightly off topic this...but am i still 'trigger' on here or can i be 'rebel' again...

as you invented my previous username i wanna know were I stand...

lol!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:thanks Largehat...

slightly off topic this...but am i still 'trigger' on here or can i be 'rebel' again...

as you invented my previous username i wanna know were I stand...

lol!

Haha, you can have a fresh start as 'Rebel' again, but if you keep getting the wrong end of the stick....

Do Beautiful People Get Further In Life? - Page 2 Trigger

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There have been tons of studies in the past about this and it's Psychology 101 stuff. In essence it comes down to some people not being able to see the wood for the bush. I try to employ people on the basis of their skills, experience and personality however how you perceive "personality" is largely defined by how attractive you find someone, so even with good intentions it does get tricky and I have ended up with one or two incompetent stunners before now.
That said there are also studies that show that butt ugly people with certain personality traits in the right proportions tend to be even more successful...traits such as intelligence, humour, patience, modesty, courage, and general "likeability" - so the steroetypically attractive people don't get it all their own way.
The likes of Alan Sugar, John Harvey Jones, Richard Branson and the entire Royal Family managed to do OK for themselves and it certainly wasn't their looks that made them their money.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Neither tall, nor gorgeous looking but can be a reet dragon....

Hilary Devey!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Neither tall, nor gorgeous looking but can be a reet dragon....

Hilary Devey!

I saw a documentary about Hilary. A very interesting woman indeed.

Do Beautiful People Get Further In Life? - Page 2 210nbye

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Beautiful people get further... I'm guessing Bolton's Ladies aren't table-toppers...

Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Neither tall, nor gorgeous looking but can be a reet dragon....

Hilary Devey!

I saw a documentary about Hilary. A very interesting woman indeed.

Do Beautiful People Get Further In Life? - Page 2 210nbye

RT are you talking about the ones that appeared over Christmas and New Year on BBC2. It was an insight and amazing what she has been through. Plus seeing inside pubs in Moses Gate was eird to see on national TV

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes. She has a bloody big mansion in the potteries and a toyboy as well!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Yes. She has a bloody big mansion in the potteries and a toyboy as well!

Why the Potteries and not Bolton!!!!!!!

But yep, she has done well!

look at my avatar. i am living poof of the theory as i am fit and i own my own bike.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Your'e clearly a legend in your own lunchbox.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum