Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL: Saidy Janko loaned from Man United, Andy Kellett goes other way

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers have completed the loan signing of Manchester United defender Saidy Janko, with Andy Kellett heading in the opposite direction.

Janko and Kellett will now both be on loan at their temporary clubs until the end of the 2014/15 season.

Switzerland youth international Janko, who is also eligible to play for Gambia, signed for the Red Devils from FC Zurich on summer transfer deadline day in 2013.

Equally capable of playing in defence or midfield down the right-hand side, the 19-year-old was named United’s Reserve Player of the Year last season, while he made his first team debut for the club earlier this year as they exited the Capital One Cup at the hands of MK Dons.

Meanwhile, Kellett signs for Manchester United having recently returned to Macron Stadium following a three-month loan stint at Plymouth Argyle.

The defender made 15 appearances, scoring one goal, during his time at the League Two side, before starting for Wanderers last month in the away defeat at Rotherham United.

A product of the club’s academy, Kellett has made four senior appearances for the Whites to date.

Regular updates of Andy’s progress at Old Trafford will be published in our loan watch series.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Now what would Man Utd want to loan a player from us for?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Kellet Messi-esque goal:

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They were short in their development squad so Kellet will play fot them, they can release their player on loan but only if they had enough cover

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

They got the better deal.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Kellett thought Man United move was a 'wind-up'

The 21-year-old left-back's switch from Bolton to Old Trafford for the rest of the season was the most surprising deal done on transfer deadline day.

And it was not just fans who were taken aback by the news.

Trotters boss Lennon said: "He hadn't got a clue. He was on his way to Plymouth. He thought I was winding him up.

"It took a good five or 10 minutes. He wouldn't believe us. We told him to ring his father and we'd tell him, and once that happened I think it started to sink in.

"It's a great story but now he's got to knuckle down and learn."

Kellett came through the Bolton academy but has made only one start and three substitute appearances for the Trotters.

He impressed during a two-and-a-half-month loan spell with Plymouth in League Two and had been set to return to Home Park before United intervened.

Pacy midfielder Saidy Janko has headed in the other direction, also on loan until the end of the season.

Lennon said: "We were aware of the interest from Manchester United a week ago or so and then when we made the call about Saidy they asked would Andy go the other way.

"It's great for the kid. It's an opportunity for him regardless of what happens. He's no bother, low maintenance, very level-headed and I just hope he takes it in his stride."

Whether United fans actually see anything of Kellett remains to be seen, with Lennon expecting the defender to play for the under-21s.

"I'd imagine so," he said. "I wouldn't expect him to go straight into the first-team squad.

"We've been pleased with him since he came back from Plymouth. This was an opportunity that we couldn't stand in his way so hopefully he'll go and make the most of it."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope he does well.  Its a huge opportunity for him, but also for us.  This could really showcase the talent and work that is going into our academy.

I know he will only be playing at development squad level but it will be interesting to see how he does.  Ive never known a player be loaned to someone elses youth team before

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's in their squad for tonight

Is it the re  fa cup replay tonight?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Is it the re  fa cup replay tonight?

Tomorrow night.

Ah so it's a u21 game he is in the squad for

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Tomorrow night.

It's tonight

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Tomorrow night.

It's tonight

I thought he was on about the Bolton v Liverpool FA Cup replay.

So kellett is in the squad for uniteds fa cup replay.  Your all twisting my melon man

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, sorry johnny. Hes ineligible.. They've earmarked him as the next Ryan giggs though

Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah, sorry johnny. Hes ineligible.. They've earmarked him as the next Ryan giggs though

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum