Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Eagles - Where are they now?

+3
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Thu Feb 19 2015, 13:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former Bolton midfielder Chris Eagles has joined Charlton Athletic on a deal for the rest of the season.

The 29 year old who featured in 93 games scoring 17 goals for Bolton joining them in 2011 and then leaving the club  as a free agent in the summer of 2014.

Eagles said: “We touched base [with Charlton] last season, but Bolton wouldn’t let me come.

“I came down Monday, trained, had a fitness test and everything was alright. Then on Wednesday night I agreed to it. I just wanted to get it done.

“I’ve had a great feeling about being here, it’s a massive club.

“I’m over the moon to be here and as soon as I knew they wanted to sign me it didn’t matter what they offered me I just wanted to be here.”

Would anyone have liked to see him back at the Macron under Neil Lennon?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I wouldn't want him back really. He's always been overrated imo. I'm not surprised he agreed to it straight away because nobody else wanted him as far as I'm aware.

i know he could be hit and miss, on his day he is a quality player, but then he would go missing for games on end.  didn't think he would struggle as much as he has though to find another club.  hope he does well for charlton.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting that he said "as soon as I knew they wanted to sign me it didn’t matter what they offered me I just wanted to be here.”

So wages no longer an issue Chris?

On a different note I was worried by the thread title as it implies there is more than one ex-Bolton money-grabbing ponce of that name.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
On a different note I was worried by the thread title as it implies there is more than one ex-Bolton money-grabbing ponce of that name.

It would have been better if the title was reversed! Very Happy

1. Charlton Athletic is not a "massive" club. They're the same as us, moderately successful in days gone by, enjoyed a brief sojourn in the Prem in recent years but have now returned to their natural level.

2. Any footballer who actually uses the phrase "over the moon" in an interview without any hint of irony is a dick.

3. He has greasy hair and is a knob.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have him back, class player and a top bloke.

Yeah, top bloke.

Not a poncey twat, who thinks he's Messi at all..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you're jealous.

10Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Thu Feb 19 2015, 20:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is.

11Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Thu Feb 19 2015, 21:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Considering what Lennon has got out of everybody, why would he not get something out of Eagles.  We could have used him till end of season IMO.

12Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Fri Feb 20 2015, 22:03

He just scored on his debut, Wigan are shit. If Mckay doesn't get sacked their is no hope for them.

13Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Fri Feb 20 2015, 22:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:If Mckay doesn't get sacked their is no hope for them.

Apparently he's best mates with Matt Jackson who is currently head honcho at Wigan - sacking him seems a long way off according to my well placed mole.

14Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Fri Feb 20 2015, 23:15

Wouldn't say Matt Jackson was head honcho, I'll bet he gets sacked in the next 7 days.

15Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Sat Feb 21 2015, 01:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wigan, the gift that just goes on giving, thanks Owen.

16Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Sat Feb 21 2015, 09:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Eagles scoring the third for Charlton, class. Wigan 0-3 Charlton .Laughing

17Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Where are they now? Sat Feb 21 2015, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Wouldn't say Matt Jackson was head honcho, I'll bet he gets sacked in the next 7 days.

Dave Whelan has fooked off abroad in a huff at his ban, his son quickly got bored of running the club, so Jackson finds himself in charge.

Don't doubt the mole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum