Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Computer auto updates - Annoying.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Computer auto updates - Annoying. Empty Computer auto updates - Annoying. Fri Feb 20 2015, 10:08

Turned my other laptop on this morning to be greeted with:

"Please do not power off or unplug your machine.
Installing update 1 of 186."

One hundred and eighty fucking six updates.....?

What are they installing?

It started at half seven and we're still only up to update number 82 and it appears to be having a good think about things (or a rest) because we've been on 82 for twenty minutes now.

By the time it's finished (some time next week presumably) I reckon my laptop will be the most powerful computer on the planet so I'm going to hack the banks and transfer all the money into my account and declare myself King of Earth.

Then I'm shutting Microsoft down so they can't fiddle with my computer again.  

That'll learn 'em......

2Computer auto updates - Annoying. Empty Re: Computer auto updates - Annoying. Fri Feb 20 2015, 12:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell. I installed Windows 8.1 quicker than that.
One of the main reasons I like my chromebook is it's non dependence on Windows. Everything is always up to date.

3Computer auto updates - Annoying. Empty Re: Computer auto updates - Annoying. Fri Feb 20 2015, 12:58

It sat on 82 for about two hours and even though I know cock all about computers, I thought "This can't be right."

So I turned it off, left it for a bit then powered it up again and it's working just fine now.

No more updates.

Just a shame that world domination will have to wait for a bit......

4Computer auto updates - Annoying. Empty Re: Computer auto updates - Annoying. Fri Feb 20 2015, 13:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

MBreadman wrote:It sat on 82 for about two hours and even though I know cock all about computers, I thought "This can't be right."

So I turned it off, left it for a bit then powered it up again and it's working just fine now.

No more updates.

Just a shame that world domination will have to wait for a bit......
The old turn it off then turn it back on again trick always works a treat. Mans answer to all technological problems.

5Computer auto updates - Annoying. Empty Re: Computer auto updates - Annoying. Fri Feb 20 2015, 13:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sometimes pays to run the Windows update troubleshooter.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum