Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.)

+3
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Fri Sep 23 2016, 23:52

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

After the latest round of annoying "Updating your computer - Do Not Turn It Off Otherwise You Will Die! - Installing update 2 of 143" bollocks, I am left with an annoying pop-up every three bastard minutes telling me that:

I "need (their word, not mine) to fix my Microsoft account for apps on my other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device."

What the fuck does that even mean?

It's gobbledegook non-speak of the highest order, designed to make people think "Oh shit! I need that."

It's bullshit though - Obviously.

I "need" to breathe air and have a poo once or twice a day otherwise I will suffocate on the toilet in excruciating pain like Elvis did but I certainly don't "need" to link my fucking phone to some uber-server somewhere in The Cloud because Google says so.

Fuck off!

I'll be in my cave, banging rocks together, if you want me.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I once had 'An error occurred while displaying the previous error'.

Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Funny_errors_07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I got this and it tells me that I have two versions of Outlook, and I need to fix it by deleting one. It doesn't tel me which, or how. 
Everything seems to be working, so I'll leave it until my son-in-law, who knows all this stuff, gets back from holiday. (why isn't life simple any more  Crying or Very sad )

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had this notification after installing the anniversary update to Windows 10...

Your app doesn't work with Windows 10

The app you're trying to use was blocked from opening because it might damage your PC or result in loss of data. This is because some apps that worked with a previous version of Windows might not work in the same way with Windows 10.

What utter, utter shit.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

think i'll stick with XP on my ancient pc thanks

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:think i'll stick with XP on my ancient pc thanks
I'd lose it if i were you. Microsoft don't even support it any more.

Take the leap into the strange, yet wonderful world of Windows 10.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

In all fairness, it doesn't really matter if it is supported anymore or not.

Microsoft released 3 service packs over it's lifetime which is sufficient and many  corporate businesses still use this version to this day.

Windows 10 isn't really cracked up to what it's supposed to be.

Windows became a bit of a flop when they decided to piss around with the start menu and removal of the computer icon from Windows 8, although this can be rectified with tweaking the system.

Windows 7 is much better.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here are some stats:

Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Seytqe

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm quite happy with 10,but more and more I'm using my Mac.

Was never a fan of Windows 7,but I'm in the minority there. Don't know why people got so narked over a start menu.

10Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 13:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've just had a similar problem myself this morning- my back up machine ( about 4 years old) has been downloading lots of new stuff- it took about two hours to download. I never asked them to fecking interfere!
 It downloaded Windows 10 about a month ago (without being asked!) and I'd just got used to it. Now I can't find half the stuff I used to use.
I wish they'd just feck off and keep out of my kit!!

11Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 14:48

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There is a way to opt out of Windows 10, linky below. I gave my laptop to the base wizard and he brought it back with Win 10 already installed. Just getting to grips with it but putting Win 7 back on if it doesn't start to perform well. 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3074339/windows/how-to-escape-that-forced-windows-10-upgrade-you-mistakenly-agreed-to.html

12Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 15:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

In all fairness, it doesn't really matter if it is supported anymore or not.

Microsoft released 3 service packs over it's lifetime which is sufficient and many  corporate businesses still use this version to this day.

Windows 10 isn't really cracked up to what it's supposed to be.

Windows became a bit of a flop when they decided to piss around with the start menu and removal of the computer icon from Windows 8, although this can be rectified with tweaking the system.

Windows 7 is much better.
 at my Hospital we have only just upgraded from XP to windows 7, hundreds of new pc's issued to all staff needing one

13Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:21

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Does your hospital have any modern facilities or do the doctors all get issued with a pair of these?

Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) X-ray-spex

14Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have those and we like to still use these as well

Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) 2Q==

15Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:28

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Very Happy

16Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm treated by the best.
Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Forsyth-medical-center-squarelogo

17Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:we have those and we like to still use these as well

Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) 2Q==
i'm not joking some hospitals still do, Wythenshawe have their own leech farm in Pharmacy  Very Happy

We do still order sterile maggots, they are great at cleaning infected wounds

18Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Sun Sep 25 2016, 18:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

why do i keep being asked to put a code in when i post?

19Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Empty Re: Feckin' Microsoft updates. (Again.) Mon Sep 26 2016, 10:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If its a postcode, its probably needed for the hit-man  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum