Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How are you feeling after relegation?

+14
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
largehat
HarveyKorman
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
Keegan
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I suggested his being honest with himself. No manager is going to say that he is crap. No matter how true it is!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If Coyle walks away now, he would be would be shooting himself in the foot. I don't blame him for wanting to hang on, I blame Gartside for being a spineless bastard and not pushing him.. Coyle is already spinnng the shit for next season by telling us that he will do as much as he can, etc, to get us up. Personally, I would have thought that its going to be harder to gain promotion, than avoiding relegation. Get ready for the 'positive' sound bites, as he prepares us for another season of bullshit.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hi, I'm new to this site but I'll throw my views in for what it's worth - season ticket holder for last 10 years.

It's sickening the way our place among the "elite" clubs in the Premiership has been chucked away so casually - the foundations of 11 years were already laid and it shouldn't have been too much of an ask to keep on going as a mid-table team at least.

If Gartside was any kind of a man he'd do the honorable thing and resign and let us have a fresh start with new people at the top. The guy just comes across as smug, complacent and self-serving. His biggest mistake was not advertising the job when Allardyce left and we had all summer to get a top class manager in.

As for Coyle, nice guy like everyone says, but I'm one of those who would have got rid of him well before Christmas. He'd already proven by then that he wasn't capable of turning things around - he was given the time but still couldn't do it - he couldn't even squeeze an extra couple of points out of that shower to keep us up. Transfer policy, tactics, lack of motivation skills, efc. - it's all been said already.

Well I guess Gartside knows more about football than me and he's going to stick with Owen because he's "a young manager and will learn" but I don't believe he's capable of learning, because he didn't seem to be learning much during that depressing season just gone.

I would love things go OK and we storm the Championship next season but I can't help thinking we'll just carry on with the excuses and it may need a complete overhaul at the top end of the club before we make any real progress again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:Hi, I'm new to this site but I'll throw my views in for what it's worth - season ticket holder for last 10 years.

It's sickening the way our place among the "elite" clubs in the Premiership has been chucked away so casually - the foundations of 11 years were already laid and it shouldn't have been too much of an ask to keep on going as a mid-table team at least.

If Gartside was any kind of a man he'd do the honorable thing and resign and let us have a fresh start with new people at the top. The guy just comes across as smug, complacent and self-serving. His biggest mistake was not advertising the job when Allardyce left and we had all summer to get a top class manager in.

As for Coyle, nice guy like everyone says, but I'm one of those who would have got rid of him well before Christmas. He'd already proven by then that he wasn't capable of turning things around - he was given the time but still couldn't do it - he couldn't even squeeze an extra couple of points out of that shower to keep us up. Transfer policy, tactics, lack of motivation skills, efc. - it's all been said already.

Well I guess Gartside knows more about football than me and he's going to stick with Owen because he's "a young manager and will learn" but I don't believe he's capable of learning, because he didn't seem to be learning much during that depressing season just gone.

I would love things go OK and we storm the Championship next season but I can't help thinking we'll just carry on with the excuses and it may need a complete overhaul at the top end of the club before we make any real progress again.

Best first post ever! You are far from a numpty. Please post again.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Welcome to the mad-house Numpty, good post.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Brilliant Numpty!

Hello and welcome, I do hope you stick around!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Put the balloons away. He's gone forever.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Put the balloons away. He's gone forever.

He didn't post in the intro section, he has a chance.....

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:Put the balloons away. He's gone forever.

He didn't post in the intro section, he has a chance.....

Good point.

His image thingy was amusing anyway. Even me, Owen Coyle himself, found that funny.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Welcome Numpty. Great first post.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks for the welcome - was thinking of getting the 'Clueless' pic made up into a massive flag and tied to that big metal tower thing outside the Reebok.

also considering a T-shirt with:

GO NOW GARTSIDE YOU GORMLESS GOBSHITE

on the front, and on the back:

AND TAKE THE GLASWEGIAN GOD-BOTHERER WITH YOU

( just hope some of the bitterness wears off by August)

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Numpty wouldn't have been better to put Fuckwit under Meggo, instead of Feckless?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember when we were riding high in the top 10 and on our way to a FA Cup Semi.

Weren't many discenting voices about then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Remember when we were riding high in the top 10 and on our way to a FA Cup Semi.

So if you were to test drive a Ford Focus and it was fine for 20 minutes, then blew up on the way home would you still consider it a good car and buy it?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Remember when we were riding high in the top 10 and on our way to a FA Cup Semi.

When other teams were still trying to adjust to how we played and then once read, our clueless manager did not know how to adapt and change, so we started our decline to NPower Championship. Also didn't help that we completely capitulated at wembley and Coyle had definitely no back-up plan - just as much as all of this season.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So when we were winning it was in spite of Coyle and when we started losing it was because of him?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:Numpty wouldn't have been better to put Fuckwit under Meggo, instead of Feckless?

Fair point, Witless and Fuckwit, what a double act!

bwfc71 wrote:

When other teams were still trying to adjust to how we played and then once read, our clueless manager did not know how to adapt and change, so we started our decline to NPower Championship. Also didn't help that we completely capitulated at wembley and Coyle had definitely no back-up plan - just as much as all of this season.

Don't think it was other teams adapting to us. Coyle was fine till Holden got injured, once that happened we didn't have the quality to play 442. So he could of either changed tactics or brought in decent cover for Holden.

He brought in NRC and Pratley, neither as good as Holden was. Then he stuck with 442 far too long even though it clearly wasn't working.

He also didn't bring in a decent striker to replace K. Davies and Elmander.

We got relegated because we didn't have enough quality/ a manager who could work miracles and get more out of an average side (as martinez has done at Wigan). I think it was a combination of shit signings, shit tactics and lack of funding.

Holden, Lee and Elmander were replaced by Pratley, Eagles and Ngog. Think that says it all.

Credit to Coyle though I think Wheater and Ream have been good signings, and had we had them at Stoke and not Twat Knight we may of stayed up.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think we would have, assuming that we would still have gotten those two goals if they were in the team.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum