Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How are you feeling after relegation?

+14
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
largehat
HarveyKorman
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
Keegan
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

3 days after the Sunday shaming - still fucking angry at Coyle, a lot of the players and at Gartslime for not sacking Coyle, yet!!! If Wolves can get a new manager, if Liverpool can sack their shambolic prick and it looks as though Kean could be finally on the way out, if rumours are to be true coming from Venky HQ (a chicken shack in India), why do we have to keep this prick!!!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You could always do what you did with your national team, Chris, and just pick a new one.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

eeer nope. Followed the whites from Div 1 to Div 4 and the all the way back to Premiership. Been a season ticket holder most of my life, so far, and still have one - even for next season (dad uses it at moment). BUt this last relegation was pathetic - the worst ever, and still very angry about it. Bolton first and foremost - even before any national team.

2nd team is Crewe Alexandra

3rd team is Ajax

4th team is Melbourne Victory

(and yes I have been to watch all of the above. Crewe Alex when I was at University; Ajax when a friend can get a second ticket from his club card; Victory when I have been in Melbourne - both old and temporary grounds, not been to the new ground yet)

I have never really supported the national team - yes I had 1 English kit when I was younger (Kevin Keegan era) but never after that and always had an orange kit - and been to a few Dutch games (including the one where a certain Nigel De Jong broke Holden's leg not long after he joined Bolton. There again not a big fan of international games. England's team is by far the worst full of complete money-grabbing pricks who have no heart for either the beautiful game or for their country.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will be following the Euro's with interest. I have never been to an England game but I still want England to win every football competition that they enter.

It just comes down to national pride. If you are born in England and you like football then it's a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

The penalty losses against the Hun still linger.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I simply don't understand the "second team" thing.

it's very prevalent in Scotland.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster, I suppose if I had gone to university in a town or city with a professional football club, I'd have gone watching them on and off over my 5 years. They'd probably be a 'second' team of mine if that had occurred. Obviously if I'd gone to Manchester University that wouldn't have happened, but I applied to Oxford, Nottingham and York for example.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to Southampton and that didn't occur.

unless we played them obviously.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I simply don't understand the "second team" thing.

it's very prevalent in Scotland.

I think it stems from interest really. People very rarely have a second team who are in the same league as their first because they want to branch out.

My second team is Bury, local and I like having a look at the lower leagues as a bit of a change from the premiership (well not any more though).

When it comes to sport I have to support someone, whether it be snooker, tennis or football, so when I look at a lower league I tend to pick my favourite.

Makes everything more interesting.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

When it comes to sport I have to support someone, weather it be snooker, tennis or football, so when I look at a lower league I tend to pick my favourite.

Makes everything more interesting.

I'm the same. I am not a big fan of the sweaty socks but I would love to see Andy Murray win at Wimbledon. I enjoy Formula 1 and I want Hamilton or Button to win. Pastor Maldonado ( Venezuela ) won his first Grand Prix last weekend but I was still pleased because he drives for the Williams team. ( Frank Williams, pukka Englishman )

Dare I say it, but I hope Chelsea win the Champions League. Not because I have any affinity with Chelsea ( perish the thought ) but because they are English and their opponents are foreign.

Does that make me racist? If so, I plead guilty.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Quite correct Reebok Trotter.

Football is about emotional ties and that's why I can't and don't have a 'second team'. Someone on another site told me that I must not be a fan of football.
I do like football but I can't get the same emotions if it's not my club or country that are playing.

I think that half of the England squad are complete arseholes but they're our arseholes and I hope that they do well this summer.

Although, my backing has waned over the last 10 or so years because they are arseholes.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am first of all a out and out Bolton fan - nothing can change how I feel about the club I support. Chairmen, Managers and Players come and go but I will still support my club and voice my anger when I know that there is something wrong with the club. I am sometimes a bit too passionate about the club!

Second of all I am a general football fan - hence following, not supporting, numerous other teams but not in the same Division, or country. IF, and I hope it never happens, that Bolton and Crewe end up in the same division, then I will still follow Crewe, but still support Bolton but any games where they play together, whether League or Cup, its definitely Bolton all the way through.

I follow Ajax, and do go to a couple of games a season - but making sure they never clash with a Bolton game, otherwise I don't go - but as I live in Holland and hear about the Eredivisie all the time its hard not to accept and follow one of the teams, and as Ajax is my local team then so be it (I could have gone even more local by following Almere City FC who are in the Jupiler League but when I moved to Holland I lived in Amsterdam to begin with and as such my local team was Ajax - and I don't switch and swap ever.)

England on the other hand, was never really a fan of as it wasn't me that wanted to have the England shirt, but my dad bought it for me. But as long as I have been able to remember I have followed and supported the Dutch team - don't ask me why as I honestly don't know why. I still follow England (although thats getting harder and harder with all the dickheads in the team) but my support is with The Netherlands.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Been up there on holiday a good few times and always take a passing interest in the results of Fort William F.C. If you think our lot have been bad lately, to these guys a 6-nil home defeat is seen as a good result! If they had relegation in their league, they'd be in about Division 962 by now.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Numpty 28723 wrote:Been up there on holiday a good few times and always take a passing interest in the results of Fort William F.C. If you think our lot have been bad lately, to these guys a 6-nil home defeat is seen as a good result! If they had relegation in their league, they'd be in about Division 962 by now.

Thanks for this, Numpty - I enjoyed the laugh!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I'm quite relieved to have got the struggle to finish 4th bottom over for a season or two.This relegation has been nothing like as painful as other ones.It's a business now and when you spend rock all relegation is inevitable sooner or later.

I'm looking forward to next season more than I would have been if we had stayed up.No more certain defeats at Anfield and Old Trafford to suffer for a season.Even Sam Allardyce couldn't get results on those grounds in his last 4 seasons.

I'm feeling great thanks. A season of shiting on the Bolton & Burnley bastards will do our confidence the world of good. One or two big purchases and we'll be the next Newcastle.

ROVERS TIL I DIE!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Are you still here, BH?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton Hater wrote:I'm feeling great thanks. A season of shiting on the Bolton & Burnley bastards will do our confidence the world of good. One or two big purchases and we'll be the next Newcastle.

ROVERS TIL I DIE!

Aye you probably will, getting dicked away at teams like Wigan every week 4-0, is the closest you will get mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum