Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is going wrong with English clubs in Europe?

+2
boltonbonce
Michael Bolton
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not many years ago that we had 3 of the semi finalists twice in two years and were always getting an English club in the champions league final. But in the last two or three years english clubs have struggled massively. It's looking like we won't even have an English club in the quarter finals this time. 
We only have Everton left in the europa league. What's going wrong? We have the richest league in the world and attract some of the best footballers in the world. So why have things gone pear shaped?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the Chelsea game. Those bastards going out was a small crumb of comfort after another defeat.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it is because they're too far up their own arseholes to keep going.

Guy in Paris getting on a train Laughing _ :falltopieces: Racist Chelsea fans.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Premiership isn't as good as it was and European clubs are now spending more to take away players like Ronaldo and Bale so we're weaker and they're stronger than when English clubs were dominant.

Can anyone name a youth team player to come through at City, Chelsea or United and become a first team regular in the last 5 years? Synonymous of how the money coming in means the top sides just look at short term, quick fixes and over-spending on average talent. City are the worst culprits, I can't think of any good signings in the last couple of years.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Can anyone name a youth team player to come through at City, Chelsea or United and become a first team regular in the last 5 years? 

Wellbeck is a regular for Arsenal coming from the UTD youth system.

True but they're few and far between aren't they? Even Welbeck was played out of position most of the time at United and was ditched in favour of a crocked Falcao.

Too often the big clubs go and spend £15 - £30 million on an average player instead of promoting youth and trying to develop them.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Keane would have got a game at Man Utd this season what with their defensive problems. He's better than Blackett who was playing earlier in the season.

Their loss.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was welbeck injured? Hasn't played that much for Arsenal really.

I thought Sturridge was one but I just googled him and apparently he started in the Villa academy.

Sturridge is one that proves my point really, shunted to the wing with city and Chelsea barely given a look in. Has to downgrade to Liverpool where he finds a manager who believes in him (probably say how he played for us) and proves he's quality. Had he stayed at Chelsea any longer this wouldn't have happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum