Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smack The Little Bastards

+10
scottjames30
rammywhite
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Smack The Little Bastards Empty Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After church this morning I nipped into town to get a few essentials (twirls, Pepsi & mini-eggs). While I was in the queue I felt something touch my bum (a common event when you have a chiselled bum like mine) and swung round to see some little shit of about 13 or 14 trying to steal from my bag.

Instinct kicked in and I sort of half slapped/half punched the little shit square on the jaw and he went down. Other shoppers came over, I thought to see if I was ok, but they actually came over to check on the thieving little shit I had knocked over.

Then a couple of them accused me of hitting a child to which I replied if the little shit had been belted a few times while growing up he wouldn't be out trying to rob folk on the Sabbath. One started to dial the police.

Anyway, I slammed cash down on the counter for my twirls and got out of there quicksmart before the cops turned up and tried to arrest me.

But what is the fooking world coming to when the sympathy is for a thief? What is wrong with a bit of good old fashioned justice?

But this isn't a thread about thieving shites, it's about discipline. When I was growing up my Dad smacked me every time I stepped out of line. It bloody hurt but it did me no long term damaged. I wouldn't ever have gone out to steal because I knew what would happen to me if I got caught.

Have we let PC nonsense take over? Should we still be smacking out children when they step out of line? Do you hit your children? Are you against this sort of discipline?

2Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kids need discipline from a young age, bring in national service that is mandatory where they have to do 12-24months and this should help the problem!

3Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I say smack the little bastards. The "Time out" or "Sit in the corner" punishments give kids a lack of appreciation of punishment. I've never heard of one child who got his ass beat (as against abused - it can be overdone) who went on murder his/her classmates with a semi-automatic pistol or run off to join ISIS or grew up and went Postal, killing co-workers and passers-by. Beat they ass when they are young and explain that you get no pleasure from doing so but they have to learn that errant behaviour will earn you punishment.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:56

I'm sorry but this is all absolute bollocks. I was never smacked or beaten and ive never stolen or hurt anyone.

Sorry kp but even the national service arguement is stupid in this day and age.

Is about the have and have nots. The increasing gap in wealth. The ver increasing media on all things religious and bad in the world. Society as a whole is why everything is going to cock.

People sat in there in their ivory towers with no kids and a pack of twirls are always the first to pass judgement and the least likely to do fuck all to help. But its okay because the government has your best interests at heart.

Sorry to rant but "beating kids" isnt the answer

And keegan you sound like a twat and ive never had a problem with you before

5Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Different strokes, Johnny. I had a beating or two as a child and I grew up to be respectful of others and their opinions. I would never call you a twat because I disagreed with you. Remember my culture is vastly different to yours so my view is bound to be different on topics such as these. Cheers.

Last edited by Keegan on Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:10; edited 1 time in total

6Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes violence never begets violence...

7Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:12

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm sorry to bother you, Hipster - could you perhaps be a tad bit more general and clichéd in your response?

8Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:17

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Discipline yes; assault no.   A slap on the legs and admonishment for doing something bad or dangerous is proportionate.
A punch/slap to the jaw is extreme and may teach that violent retribution is acceptable; it's not!

Running away before the police arrived shows that you realised you'd committed a crime.

9Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I'm sorry to bother you, Hipster - could you perhaps be a tad bit more general and clichéd in your response?

Sorry to be "cliche" but all the evidence that violence only leads to more violence, not to mention psychological damage does kind of weigh heavily on me, especially towards children.

10Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Running away before the police arrived shows that you realised you'd committed a crime.

I realised I'd committed a crime in this ridiculous PC world we live in. No doubt the little shite out stealing wallets and purses would have been given a lift home while I'd have been felt up in the back of a cop car.

11Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:37

Keegan wrote:Different strokes, Johnny. I had a beating or two as a child and I grew up to be respectful of others and their opinions. I would never call you a twat because I disagreed with you. Remember my culture is vastly different to yours so my view is bound to be different on topics such as these. Cheers.

For one i said you sound like one.

Two: beating children is wrong in any culture

I did see red and i apologise for calling you a teat what i meant was that what you wrote made you sound like one and id never seen that from you before.

At the end of the day time outs and naughty steps are designed for young children. You said these didnt work and a smack would be better. Advocating smacking 2 to 5 year olds for things they dont fully understand is fucking ridiculous.

12Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 16:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have 2 young kids and when they have been naughty and as a last resort I have smacked them on the bum. I see nothing wrong with it.

13Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:i apologise for calling you a teat

Keegan is definitely a teat.

14Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 16:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Sorry to be "cliche" but all the evidence that violence only leads to more violence, not to mention psychological damage does kind of weigh heavily on me, especially towards children.

Question. Do you think the youth of today are more or less respectful than they were, say, 20 or 30 years ago?

15Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 16:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no idea, but even if they weren't it doesn't alter what I said. 

You would just be inferring that beating the crap out of kids is less prevalent, though we don't really know if it is or not (outside of schools)

16Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 16:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Father used to beat me with a rolled up copy of The Guardian. He was before his time.
I was often smacked as a child (not beaten) and it certainly taught me where the boundaries lay.
The only time I was ever given what you might call a good hiding was when I chased a ball into the middle of the road,and was nearly hit by a Number 73 bus.
Looking back,I know it was done not out of anger,but out of love. 
Parenting isn't an exact science,and I fear we've thrown the baby out with the bath water.

17Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 16:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I have no idea, but even if they weren't it doesn't alter what I said. 

You would just be inferring that beating the crap out of kids is less prevalent, though we don't really know if it is or not (outside of schools)

Once again you try and be clever.

You know full well I'm not talking about beating children, but smacking them when they do something wrong.

The lack of discipline in parents these days is a major contributing factor to why they're all arrogant tossers.

18Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I was brought up back in the day when smacking was normal - didn't make it right though.

I don't believe in hurting (or even punishing) a child IF they have no idea as to what they have done is in anyway wrong.  I never hit my child, nor anyone elses.

I believe that you need to spend unlimited time and patience with your offspring.

I've tried to explain things as best I can so that no matter what age my child was, that she could grasp why certain things were wrong to do.

Of course you can't live their lives for them, at times they have to find out for themselves what is right and wrong but I've given her the best guidelines to life that I knew how to and at times I can see myself in her actions and thoughts.  At other times thought I do not.

She's not a small child anymore but I still try to point her in the right direction if I can.

Of course things like what friends consider the norm infuence her just as much as the same things influenced ourselves when we formulated our lifes values.

At the end of the day I want her to be happy, healthy and safe.  I want her to know instinctively what she should do to be those and that I believe comes from the love and attention I've given to her since birth and not from some life rules of my own that I've imposed on her and enforced through physical punishment and drilled into her.  I think most kids would rebel at some stage in their lives anyway.

My daughters very much independent of me and has been for a number of years - maybe I've been a bit too successful in teaching her to become her true self but better that I think than not having a mind and will of her own.

I've done my very best for her yet I still think back to the Philip Larkin poem! -

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.  
   They may not mean to, but they do.  
They fill you with the faults they had
   And add some extra, just for you.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/178055

19Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I have no idea, but even if they weren't it doesn't alter what I said. 

Once again you try and be clever.

You know full well I'm not talking about beating children, but smacking them when they do something wrong.

The lack of discipline in parents these days is a major contributing factor to why they're all arrogant tossers.

Well the word "beat" was used in this thread before I used it, not really trying to be clever by directly replying to people who used that language. 

I apologise if people didn't mean "a beating" but a gentle smack. 

I don't believe in smacking kids either but there are plenty who do and thats their decision.

20Smack The Little Bastards Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I notice  that you wen to the shop to but some twirls ,pepsi and mini eggs- but only slammed the money down for the twirls!
You thieving shoplifting sod.
You should have been thumped more as a kid and then you wouldn't be out thieving now!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum