You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Neil Lennon determined to keep hold of Adam Bogdan

Neil Lennon determined to keep hold of Adam Bogdan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Neil Lennon wants Wanderers to pull out all the stops in order to keep Adam Bogdan at the Macron Stadium.

The Hungary international is out of contract in the summer and had been tipped to move to Germany’s Bundesliga, where a handful of clubs have been monitoring him closely.

But Lennon is now targeting Bogdan as his first choice next season and is aiming to convince him to stay after returning to the first team in Monday’s 3-0 win at Cardiff City.

“It was a big comeback for me,” he told The Bolton News. “I want him here, I think he’s an outstanding goalkeeper.

“I’m going to do everything in my power to have him here next season.

“He’s played three times for me and we’ve kept three clean sheets, and that’s no coincidence.”

Keeping Bogdan at Wanderers will not be cheap as the 26-year-old is unlikely to accept lower terms than the deal he signed in the Premier League three years ago.

Securing his services would be a major statement from the club, however, having lost so many players on a free in recent seasons.

Bogdan is currently the longest-serving first-team player on the books and has been tutored from his teens by goalkeeping coaches like Fred Barber, Phil Hughes and Lee Turner.

Lennon’s declaration almost certainly puts an end to Andy Lonergan’s chances of an extended deal.

The 31-year-old was in the box seat for a new deal at the turn of the year but fell out of favour after the 4-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest, in which he suffered a concussion.

He failed to regain his place from emergency cover keeper Ben Amos – who has now returned to Manchester United and could be a fall-back if talks with Bogdan do not go according to plan.

While the Manchester United keeper impressed during his stint with the Whites and is available on a free transfer this summer, it is understood his salary is too high to be brought in alongside Bogdan.

But he endeared himself to the club’s support with a farewell tweet on Monday night after the victory in Cardiff.

“What a win for BWFC today! Really enjoyed my time there, it’s a club ready to kick on now and challenge in the years to come,” he wrote.

“Thanks to the fans and everyone who made my time at the club so enjoyable, much appreciated!”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

Keeping Bogdan at Wanderers will not be cheap as the 26-year-old is unlikely to accept lower terms than the deal he signed in the Premier League three years ago.


Then tell him to fook off.

Why on Earth would we offer him MORE than he was on in the Premier League? He's hardly set the world on fire with his performances in the Championship, plus he's bloody injury prone.

If Lennon really did say he wanted to keep Bogdan at Bolton at all costs he is a complete tit.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
he can't expect a premiership wage now so he will have to take a pay cut, which almost inevitably means he will leave.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Pay him what it takes!!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Moderator
Moderator
I'm amazed Lennon wants him so badly, he's a decent keeper but nothing special.

There are plenty of goalkeepers in the this league of the same class that won't demand his wages, I doubt even Amos would want as much as Adam.

Guest


Guest
On the topic of wages, my mole tells me Rob Hall is on £20k a week at Bolton.

£20k a week!

So given the fact Bogdan signed up in the prem (and Coyle was manager) I reckon he'll be on at least the same.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:On the topic of wages, my mole tells me Rob Hall is on £20k a week at Bolton.

£20k a week!

So given the fact Bogdan signed up in the prem (and Coyle was manager) I reckon he'll be on at least the same.

Thanks Dougie. One of the worst signings ever, rivals Elmander in the shite stakes.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:On the topic of wages, my mole tells me Rob Hall is on £20k a week at Bolton.

£20k a week!

So given the fact Bogdan signed up in the prem (and Coyle was manager) I reckon he'll be on at least the same.

:facepalm: surely not? How longs left on his contract?



Last edited by Norpig on Wed Apr 08 2015, 16:36; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yeah, we're really gonna put emphasis on cutting costs and then pay an untested teenager 20 grand a week. Don't believe everything your bin man tells you, 74

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah, we're really gonna put emphasis on cutting costs and then pay an untested teenager 20 grand a week. Don't believe everything your bin man tells you, 74

We were paying Sordell £30k per week and he'd played one season in the Championship.

Guest


Guest
@Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah, we're really gonna put emphasis on cutting costs and then pay an untested teenager 20 grand a week. Don't believe everything your bin man tells you, 74

Hall could have been lying about it, but considering Pratley, Andrews, Mills and Baptiste are all on the same or more I don't think that's outside the realms of possibility to be honest.

Add to that the fact we paid £450,000 at tribunal plus £2,500 per appearance, your argument is losing it's legs Boggers.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah, we're really gonna put emphasis on cutting costs and then pay an untested teenager 20 grand a week. Don't believe everything your bin man tells you, 74

We were paying Sordell £30k per week and he'd played one season in the Championship.

We were in the prem.. Finances werent a worry

Guest


Guest
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah, we're really gonna put emphasis on cutting costs and then pay an untested teenager 20 grand a week. Don't believe everything your bin man tells you, 74

We were paying Sordell £30k per week and he'd played one season in the Championship.

We were in the prem.. Finances werent a worry

Goes to show that good business sense isn't something the board can claim to have excercised over the last 5 years or so

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
On the other hand, it means there's light at the end of the tunnel i.e. there's a lot more cutting back that can be done when these contracts expire without further diminishing the quality of the squad.

We may even turn a small profit when they're gone.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum