Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Women Happier Than Men?

+7
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A new study shows that the biggest killer of men under the age of 50 isn't cancer or erectile dysfunction, it's suicide. Over a 100 a week in the UK alone.

And of those 100 or so, 80% are aged 40-50.

Men are four times more likely to top themselves than women.

So why are men so unhappy, and why are so many chaps choosing to end it all in their 40's?

Many of you will be in your 40's, have you considered suicide? Why do you think so many men in this age bracket end their life? My theory is they realise they have fooked up their lives and all their dreams are long gone - all they have to look forward to is teeth decay and death.

Your thoughts please.

2Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 11:34

More stigma around men talking about their problems would be my best guess.

3Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:More stigma around men talking about their problems would be my best guess.

So they top themselves? Doesn't add up.

If I was a bloke with a problem I'd come on here and discuss it with my best friends - you lot.

4Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 11:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm in my 40's and have no plans to kill myself thanks, too much to live for -  i have 2 young kids

Most blokes can't talk openly about their feelings, i'm quite surprised that age group had the highest percentage. I thought histiorically it was men in their early 20's who had the highest rate?

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Apr 15 2015, 12:10; edited 1 time in total

5Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 12:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, there's absolutely nothing interesting about men or being a man.

I might get a sex change. 

Are Women Happier Than Men? FVYTYp7AOo

6Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 13:21

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I reckon it must be the women's fault then. These blokes can't stand another 40 years of nagging about stuff that doesn't matter and decide to end it all.

My missus is always banging on about shit that is unimportant in the grand scheme of things and can be fixed with relative ease.

Just shut the fuck up whinging and chill out. It doesn't require massive drama. 

I blame soaps.

Women.......

7Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 14:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Men dont talk and keep things hidden away like Breadman's penis. Very Happy

8Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 14:23

3 hours since Nat posts the thread Scott manages to put together a joke.

I can see why his ban was revoked, this site would be dead without such comedy.

9Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:3 hours since Nat posts the thread Scott manages to put together a joke.

Stop bullying Scott you troll.

10Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 14:44

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To put this in context, men under 50 deaths equals about 100 a week by suicide, are there any other data that might point to other ways of death for men under 50 per week?. I do have a feeling this  info is one of those "Let's beat up men" Facebook posts by women of a dubious gender category. So how many women per week under 50 commit suicide? What is the total number of male suicides of all ages per week in the UK? I'm having a nice meat and potato pie, chips and mushy peas for lunch.

11Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:3 hours since Nat posts the thread Scott manages to put together a joke.

Laughing Says the boring of boring of SAS of boringness.

12Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps he was busy.

13Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1874, is just a spoilt kid, take no notice.Very Happy

14Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Wed Apr 15 2015, 22:35

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I bet Nats happy with all the toys on the market these days.Are Women Happier Than Men? NewbatteriesAre Women Happier Than Men? Vibratorworks

15Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Thu Apr 16 2015, 19:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:A new study shows that the biggest killer of men under the age of 50 isn't cancer or erectile dysfunction, it's suicide. Over a 100 a week in the UK alone.

Your thoughts please.
Pretty certain that erectile dysfunction is not a "killer", Nat, but putting that to one side, it is quite typical for men of that age to suffer if their partner leaves with the children. Courts tend to grant custody to females and men can struggle to get sufficient access. They may lose the marital home and find it hard to meet CSA payments. If another man is involved, the hurt may go deeper.

Men often lack the social networks that women foster and in any case find it hard to share their feelings with pals, so their loneliness can be devastating.They often feel ashamed to seek the professional help they need. Motivation can suffer, alcohol may become a main support, and work problems may follow.....a vicious spiral.

Enough there to make it easy to see why circumstances can work against that particularly vulnerable age-group so that many decide to end their pain.

16Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Sat Apr 18 2015, 00:16

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

They are when they see what's in my pants and i eat a lot of strawberries because i am very considerate and like to leave them with a pleasant experience.

17Are Women Happier Than Men? Empty Re: Are Women Happier Than Men? Sat Apr 18 2015, 09:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

okocha wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:A new study shows that the biggest killer of men under the age of 50 isn't cancer or erectile dysfunction, it's suicide. Over a 100 a week in the UK alone.

Your thoughts please.
Pretty certain that erectile dysfunction is not a "killer", Nat, but putting that to one side, it is quite typical for men of that age to suffer if their partner leaves with the children. Courts tend to grant custody to females and men can struggle to get sufficient access. They may lose the marital home and find it hard to meet CSA payments. If another man is involved, the hurt may go deeper.

Men often lack the social networks that women foster and in any case find it hard to share their feelings with pals, so their loneliness can be devastating.They often feel ashamed to seek the professional help they need. Motivation can suffer, alcohol may become a main support, and work problems may follow.....a vicious spiral.

Enough there to make it easy to see why circumstances can work against that particularly vulnerable age-group so that many decide to end their pain.
That's a very good post  :clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum