Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Players need to up their fitness, says boss Neil Lennon

+3
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

I liked Steinsson, and he seemed to genuinely like the club and give 100%.. but a very good player?? No chance.

bwfc1874 wrote:I liked Steinsson, and he seemed to genuinely like the club and give 100%.. but a very good player?? No chance.
He was a decent premiership player and would have had no problem adapting to life in the championship i would imagine.  he never shirked a challenge and did give it his all even when others had given up the ghost.

that is exactly what we are missing now

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: but a very good player?? No chance.

Compared with the dross we have now.

I'm a good player compared to the dross we have now.

But he was still a liability defensively.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I'm getting bored of saying this, so you lot must be bored of hearing it but, at the risk of sounding like a broken record:

We have no money for new players.

Hence why Lennon is "bigging up" the contributions of the likes of Heskey and Gudjohnsen - they're playing for Bolton for one reason only: They're cheap to employ.

And it won't be changing any time soon.

Unless the club gets sold and someone is prepared to come in and invest directly in the playing staff, which is looking increasingly unlikely.

We're going to see all the loanees return to their parent clubs, a bit of our deadwood will be culled, we'll sign a couple of gambles that few of us have heard of on loans and maybe a couple of others in the Heskey / Gudjohnsen mould (ie experienced but old and past it) and everybody will be moaning about why we didn't push the boat out to sign the likes of ALF and Bannan.

Well, the reason's quite simple: We have no money.

And we will carry on having no fucking money unless somebody invests in the squad for a promotion push next season - that is a cast iron FACT! 

Spend 5 or 6 million now... get promoted (hopefully) and get about 300 million back next season. 

its a no brainer to me.  

Obviously, our beloved board members and 'true fans' will knock half a million each of their yearly bonus' payments to pay for this, I dont doubt that at all.

Do you seriously think a £5-£6 million splurge on players would get us promoted Rebel?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Breadman wrote:I'm getting bored of saying this, so you lot must be bored of hearing it but, at the risk of sounding like a broken record:

We have no money for new players.

Hence why Lennon is "bigging up" the contributions of the likes of Heskey and Gudjohnsen - they're playing for Bolton for one reason only: They're cheap to employ.

And it won't be changing any time soon.

Unless the club gets sold and someone is prepared to come in and invest directly in the playing staff, which is looking increasingly unlikely.

We're going to see all the loanees return to their parent clubs, a bit of our deadwood will be culled, we'll sign a couple of gambles that few of us have heard of on loans and maybe a couple of others in the Heskey / Gudjohnsen mould (ie experienced but old and past it) and everybody will be moaning about why we didn't push the boat out to sign the likes of ALF and Bannan.

Well, the reason's quite simple: We have no money.

And we will carry on having no fucking money unless somebody invests in the squad for a promotion push next season - that is a cast iron FACT! 

Spend 5 or 6 million now... get promoted (hopefully) and get about 300 million back next season. 

its a no brainer to me.  

And me but we need to spend double that RR.

Get used to another 2 seasons (at least) in the Champ!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Do you seriously think a £5-£6 million splurge on players would get us promoted Rebel?

If we can build a squad with a few loans, keep our best players fit (Ie Mark Davies) and sign ALF (my first priority personally) then yes... 

It has, and still can be done. 

I have a feeling though, everybody involved in our club knows we are falling apart and are simply leaching as much money out of us as possible until we inevitably fold. No money is getting spent... and the losses keep getting bigger, the money is going in one place and one place only - Gartside and Co's pockets... 

Im starting to think Eddie has also given up and is simply trying to get as much money as possible now from us a-la Mr Oyston at Blackpool...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
I have a feeling though, everybody involved in our club knows we are falling apart and are simply leaching as much money out of us as possible until we inevitably fold. No money is getting spent... and the losses keep getting bigger, the money is going in one place and one place only - Gartside and Co's pockets... 

Im starting to think Eddie has also given up and is simply trying to get as much money as possible now from us a-la Mr Oyston at Blackpool...

That feeling actually based on anything? Or just another Rebel's worst case scenario thing?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

That feeling actually based on anything? Or just another Rebel's worst case scenario thing?
Of course its based on something. 

Its the worst case scenario in a 'feeling' I have...

Very Happy

Won't old my breath on that one then!

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

To be fair I think 5/6 million spent in the right areas could get us pretty close, playoffs at least. Won't happen obviously but spending a bit of cash and keeping all our best players fit next season we could have a good go. Needs to sort out a system that works though.

Thing is with Lennon, I'm not yet sure if he'll have the know how to change things for the better and have new ideas if things don't go his way. This is his first real test as a manager, next season is a big one for him, let's hope he gets it right.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So much negativity.

We have Clayton and Clough to come back next season and perhaps we can dream about a fit Mavies and Cavies. And perhaps Pratley will continue to defy the odds.

All in all, a couple of signings (Alf hopefully) and with Lennon's enthusiasm there is absolutely no reason why we can't challenge for the top 6.

I actually thought you were being serious then until I read: "we can dream about a fit Mavies" and then I knew you were taking the piss.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I actually thought you were being serious then until I read: "we can dream about a fit Mavies" and then I knew you were taking the piss.

I play along with this Mavies thing as everyone bar me seems to think he's good.

Personally I think he's fecking useless, anonymous 95% of the time, but for some reason he escapes the abuse.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Just to be clear I meant spending some decent cash won't happen. I definitely think we can have a go at the playoffs next season. Automatic promotion will be beyond us though.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:I actually thought you were being serious then until I read: "we can dream about a fit Mavies" and then I knew you were taking the piss.

I play along with this Mavies thing as everyone bar me seems to think he's good.

Personally I think he's fecking useless, anonymous 95% of the time, but for some reason he escapes the abuse.

Every once in a blue moon he goes on a hazy run where the ball sticks to his feet like shit to a blanket and everyone thinks he is Messi.

Look at the game on monday night. He was useless

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Pratley was useless for years. I live in hope he will come good the way prats has.

Along with Bannan I'd bet Mavies was our best passer Monday. Which may not sound like much but when you consider how shockingly bad this team is at keeping the ball then it counts for a lot.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark davies is by far and away our best player. The guy oozes class

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum