Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here comes the Summer but I don't think it will be bright for BWFC

+14
wessy
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
terenceanne
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
observer
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Reebok_Rebel wrote:We didn't. Wikipedia is wrong. 

Klasnic came for a second loan spell as we 'couldnt agree terms' with him - with a view to a permanent deal the following season when his Nantes contract was up. We got relegated, fans were told he would be vital to our push to get back to the prem... offered him ridiculous wages so he fucked off...

I'm not going off Wikipedia, I'm going off what was announced by the club. But if you are right fair enough, and well done to the club for an absolutely fanstastic bit of business signing a player for 2 years and only paying 30% of his wages is unbelievably good business.

I don't remember reading anywhere that Klasnic would be a vital part of our promotion push, your turn to provide some media evidence. 

And whilst you're at it this talk of promotion that the club is bandying about would be good, I think that's just a few delusional fans.

Like everybody else (apart from Rebel's mate who works in the HR Dept at Euxton and probably sleeps in one of the bunk beds in Rebel's Panic Room Very Happy ), I have no idea what we're paying in wages these days.

But we have managed to reduce our operating costs significantly over the last 18 months and slowed the rate at which the debt is spiralling, so something must have changed drastically.

And we're not now suddenly seeing the stadium rammed to the rafters every week and I don't think we're suddenly flogging more merchandise than ever before and I know for a fact that the parachute payments are all but ended, we're getting a fraction of what we used to get in terms of TV money and season ticket sales have fallen off slightly.......so where has the money been saved?

Could it be that we've shipped out all the big earners and are now paying far less in players' wages?

It seems the most likely scenario to me.

Yes I think that's right, we're paying less than we were in the premier league - absolutely no doubt about that. 

But that's not my point. Rebel was suggesting we pay a pittance and therefore wouldn't be abel to attract Austin. 

But compared to the rest of the championship (sorry to have to do an LPP) we're able to offer much better wages hence we can attract the likes of Austin and what Rebel is saying is complete rubbish.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Yes I think that's right, we're paying less than we were in the premier league - absolutely no doubt about that. 

But that's not my point. Rebel was suggesting we pay a pittance and therefore wouldn't be abel to attract Austin. 

But compared to the rest of the championship (sorry to have to do an LPP) we're able to offer much better wages hence we can attract the likes of Austin and what Rebel is saying is complete rubbish.
What? Why are you sorry my friend? Surely you aren't suggesting there's anything wrong in how I post my comments. Are you?

But that's my point: I don't think we can offer significantly better terms than other Championship clubs now. 

We could in the past by mortgaging the farm and tapping Uncle Eddie up (hence why we have one of the biggest "paper debts" of any football club anywhere on the planet) but FFP's put paid to that one, hence all the panicking about shipping out all the big earners.

All speculation, I know but I honestly don't think we'll be able to attract established Championship players any more because the money simply isn't there to pay their wages.

Fair enough, I disagree and think that the fact we attracted Dervite, Trotter, Mills and Baptiste (who I'd imagine are all around £20k a week - apparently Baptiste £27k) shows that we can still attract them. Leeds budget is smaller than ours having spent so long in League 1 and not having any financial backing at the moment as the Celino mess get's sorted, so I bet we can out pay them too.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We still had one of the highest wage bills last year I think it was top 5 anyway. 

we've spent an absolute fortune throughout the Megson and Coyle era's, Dougies era was a cutback big style but we still pay for loans, free signings require decent wages.

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:We didn't. Wikipedia is wrong. 

Klasnic came for a second loan spell as we 'couldnt agree terms' with him - with a view to a permanent deal the following season when his Nantes contract was up. We got relegated, fans were told he would be vital to our push to get back to the prem... offered him ridiculous wages so he fucked off...

I'm not going off Wikipedia, I'm going off what was announced by the club. But if you are right fair enough, and well done to the club for an absolutely fanstastic bit of business signing a player for 2 years and only paying 30% of his wages is unbelievably good business.

I don't remember reading anywhere that Klasnic would be a vital part of our promotion push, your turn to provide some media evidence. 

And whilst you're at it this talk of promotion that the club is bandying about would be good, I think that's just a few delusional fans.

Still waiting for this evidence Rebel.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Hence, we didnt sign Klasnic.

So it was all a dream that we signed Klasnic and he scored some goals in the Premier League for Bolton?

I hate it when that happens. Did John McGinlay really happen?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have offered Le Fondre £15k per week, Bolton a similar amount.

We have the money when we need it.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wigan have offered Le Fondre £15k per week, Bolton a similar amount.

We have the money when we need it.
even if we have offered slightly less surely the prestige of playing a league higher for a club he has already had success at would put us in better favour.

plus if bogdan is gonna be on 18k a week, ALF will be easily worth 15k a week

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

You'd think so, but Wigan have offered a 3 year contract, Bolton only 2.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

You'd think so, but Wigan have offered a 3 year contract, Bolton only 2.
At which point he would only be 30 which gives him more chance of getting a better offer than if he was 31 at the end of his three years with wigan.

if only they were also blessed with brains.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Fair enough, I disagree and think that the fact we attracted Dervite, Trotter, Mills and Baptiste (who I'd imagine are all around £20k a week - apparently Baptiste £27k) 

If Liam Trotter and Dorian Dervite are on £20,000 a week then their agents are absolutely brilliant and someone at Bolton Wanderers is taking the piss.

In other words, no they won't be on that.

On the link to the £37 million in wages that Bolton paid, I would have thought that at the very least £10 million had been shaved off it up to present day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum