Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season in review: May

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season in review: May Empty Season in review: May Wed 10 Jun - 18:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A look back at May as Wanderers' 2014/15 campaign came to an end

SUMMARY
Quade Taylor made his Bolton Wanderers’ debut on a wet last day of the 2014/15 season at Macron Stadium, as the Whites’ campaign ended with a 1-0 defeat at home to Birmingham City.

Following the close of the season, Neil Lennon wasted no time in signing Taylor up to a new one-year deal, while Tom Walker was also handed his first professional contract, alongside under-21s trio Rob Holding, Channing Campbell-Young and Yvan Wassi.

Meanwhile, Andrew Lonergan, Craig Davies, Jermaine Beckford and Matt Mills were among 13 players moving on to pastures new following the release of the club’s retained list.

Later in the month Bolton also confirmed their pre-season schedule ahead of the 2015/16 season, announcing fixtures with Morecambe, Oldham Athletic, Scunthorpe United and Port Vale as well as a training camp in Austria.

RESULTS
L 0-1 v Birmingham City (H)

THEY SAID
“I’m really happy to finally get that first deal under my belt. I’d like to thank Neil Lennon for giving me this opportunity – he’s put a lot of faith in me over the last couple of months and I hope that I can repay him out on the pitch.”

Tom Walker after signing his first professional contract with Bolton Wanderers.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
A virtual ever-present for the majority of the campaign, Tim Ream was named Bolton Wanderers’ Player of the Season for the next year running, claiming 24 percent of votes submitted by the club’s supporters.

The versatile USA international featured in 49 of the Whites’ 52 matches, predominantly lining up at left-back though he was also fielded on occasions at centre-back, right-back and as a central midfielder.

Academy graduate Josh Vela finished in second place with 19 percent, while Matt Mills took third position with 17 percent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum