Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+27
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
JAH
bryan458
Sluffy
Barryjw
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
MartinBWFC
observer
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
Keegan
terenceanne
FullofSprite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Norpig
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 50]

201Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 01 2015, 19:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He says he's not been contacted.

202Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 01 2015, 20:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always thought Pearson was a cock but he went up in my estimation when he dug his heels in when the chips were down and transformed his team into winners. Amazed he was sacked and would be even more amazed if Lennon abandoned our "project" just when it's getting interesting.

203Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 01 2015, 21:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Lennon wants the Leicester job

I wouldn't blame him.

204Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 08:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Lennon wants the Leicester job

I wouldn't blame him.

I'm not sure. Despite him having played at Leicester and an ambition to manage in the Prem I have a feeling that the challenge of sorting out the club and rebuilding a squad practically from scratch - albeit on no budget - is something he might have difficulty in walking away from.
His predecessors cleared out most of the really high salary earners and he has more or less got rid of the rest so in many ways he has a carte blanche - a situation that isn't that common and which he might just relish.

If he goes to Leicester he won't have loads of dosh to create a team in his image and the role would be limited in scope so perhaps he may actually prefer to stay and finish what he's doing here? Our situation isn't great but in many respects it's an opportunity for a young ambitious manager to hone his skills in all the requisite areas of the business.

205Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Leicester will take the 'safe' option and go for Sam Allardyce or Harry Redknapp, men with a track record in the prem. I did a little digging just to be sure and found that Sam has never managed a team that was relegated from the top flight. Like Stuart Pierce said, Sam Allardyce will keep any team up, he did it with West Ham, Blackburn, Newcastle and of course us. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Leicester board find that track record incredibly tempting and for Sam it would be another chance to rub the 'big clubs' noses in the fact they should have taken a closer look at him as well as the FA who should have given him the England job instead of Hodgson.

206Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With Super Kev released by Preston would it be worth a punt to bring him back here? Maybe on a pay as you play with a potential coaching role? I'm normally not a fan of re-signing ex players but in this case and given our finances I think it might just be worth exploring. I also think (assuming I'm not behind the times) that an approach to Al-Habsi might be worth a try.

207Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 13:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper wrote:With Super Kev released by Preston would it be worth a punt to bring him back here? Maybe on a pay as you play with a potential coaching role? I'm normally not a fan of re-signing ex players but in this case and given our finances I think it might just be worth exploring. I also think (assuming I'm not behind the times) that an approach to Al-Habsi might be worth a try.

No way! SKD was great in his time but he was past it before we let him go.

208Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 13:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think Leicester will take the 'safe' option and go for Sam Allardyce or Harry Redknapp, men with a track record in the prem. I did a little digging just to be sure and found that Sam has never managed a team that was relegated from the top flight. Like Stuart Pierce said, Sam Allardyce will keep any team up, he did it with West Ham, Blackburn, Newcastle and of course us. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Leicester board find that track record incredibly tempting and for Sam it would be another chance to rub the 'big clubs' noses in the fact they should have taken a closer look at him as well as the FA who should have given him the England job instead of Hodgson.

I wouldn't regard Redknapp as a "safe option". He only succeeds when he is given loads of cash to spend and look at the mess he usually leaves clubs in.

BSA possibly but only if he fancies it. Unfortunately I fear Lennon is much more likely to be a target and can only hope that WL is right and Lennon chooses to stay here.

209Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's no way Lennon would turn down Leicester! I heard he didn't take training this morning, read into that what you will.

210Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:35

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I really hope the rumours are wrong. I would be gutted to lose Lennon at this stage, he's been a breath of fresh air since he walked through the door and, apart from BSA, there isn't another manager out there who I would feel confident about being able to do a good job for us.

211Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn't be great to lose him now. What will be will be.

Maybe we could tempt Megson back. Razz     :bomb:

212Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:Maybe we could tempt Megson back. Razz     :bomb:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

213Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just passing the time. Very Happy

214Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 15:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

So that's what you've done with johnny is it. Your own flesh and blood as well Evil or Very Mad

215Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 15:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's safe and well. Had a pm the other day.
He's got a lot of work on,but watch out,he's sure to come back with his batteries fully charged. Very Happy

216Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 15:10

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:He's safe and well. Had a pm the other day.
He's got a lot of work on,but watch out,he's sure to come back with his batteries fully charged. Very Happy
I know boncey, just kidding. I had a PM the other day also. Still reckon it's killing him not posting though  Very Happy

217Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 15:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny has a lot of work on? Pull the other one his work gets in the way of his posting on here  Laughing

218Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 15:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon he's had a tough few weeks on the beach.

219Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 15:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

saw this on the front page in the tweets section, not sure how reliable it is and never heard of him either
Championship side Bolton are set to complete a deal for Real Madrid defender Derik.
The Spain Under-21 international has never made a first-team appearance for the Spanish giants, but has plenty of experience in their youth and reserve ranks.

220Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2015, 16:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Johnny has a lot of work on? Pull the other one his work gets in the way of his posting on here  Laughing

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum