Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley gets the captain's armband

+2
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Do you really think that any player in Leagues One or Two will take a pay cut to join us (even if they are out of contract)?

Yes, if there are no other offers.

But £2,000-3,000 a week is still nothing to BWFC. I just don't think we try hard enough to find rough gems from the lower leagues. Derek is a move in the right direction but too often we choose the "failed at their last club but they were good once" tactic so we end up with shite like Beckford, Mills, and Trotter.

It's not wages stopping us signing League 1 players, it's the transfer fees. 

I agree about gems from the lower leagues (in fact you've pinched that entire strategy from my 2012 manifesto), but it's a tiny, tiny pool of players who are both good enough and out of contract. Prices for league players are only going up (Jordan Rhodes, Nahki Wells).

Often better value can be found abroad.

I honestly don't think that even that modest level of investment is available.

I wrote on here a while ago that I'm starting to think that the well is now properly bone dry - there is simply no money available to Lennon.

And he's said as much this week with his reiteration of the fact that he can't bring anybody else in until he's moved some more players out.

Players that nobody is really interested in, otherwise they'd already be gone.

I fully agree that we should be scouring the lower leagues for talent but I fear that we're not doing so because we don't even have the money available to offer terms to largely untested, unproven players in League Two.

That's how bad things have become.

I'm honestly praying that someone comes in soon and buys the club because that is the only way I can envisage any money being made available to sign players.

He's got a wage budget Bread, which by the sounds of Lennon's comments is pretty much maxed out. That doesn't mean we can't bring anybody in though, we just need to get people out first. I'd imagine there's still a bit of room for manoeuvre now Baptiste is out - but not much.

Basically my point it is we're still set up to pay wages that will blow most League 1 clubs out of the water, it's just we're not going to increase the budget so Lennon needs to wheel and deal a bit.

It's not so dire we can't compete.

I hope you're right, mate but I honestly don't think that's the case.

I just think the money's simply run out.

And that bastard Derik's taken most of it because he's on 12k a week - FACT!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Swapped 18k a week baptiste for 12 k a week Derik. Gartside is a genius

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Fact. Just like when I revealed the new captain

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Fact. Just like when I revealed the new captain

Very Happy

*Took a punt on the most obvious candidates

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

74 butting his big head in again.

I just say it as I see it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But how you see it is usually wrong

Debatable. 

Case in point, you're claiming to be ITK which is clearly bollocks. When have we ever seen evidence to prove that you are?

I just thought you were joking with this ITK thing to be honest, I found it quite funny. Didn't  think you actually took yourself seriously on that.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I explained how I knew he'd be captain. Technically I was ITK on that

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not a bad choice.  Not much to pick from in reality. Also sounds like we are keeping Spearing for now.

lennon obviously read my post from when i first pointed it out weeks ago Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum