Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diamond Jubilee

+10
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Michael Bolton
Angry Dad
doffcocker
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Keegan
largehat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sat May 26 2012, 10:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

cnuts the lot of them, i,d like a hunting season on them.
I read somewhere that charlie boy has a man to put the paste on his tooth brush.

22Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sat May 26 2012, 12:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Also helps him put his shirt on, etc. All true apparently. Not to mention that their newspapers are ironed, so that they are 'neat'. Fortunately, the upcoming royals seem to be veering away from such behaviour. Hereditary peerages, etc, are the ones that I really dislike. As LH says, what have people done for them ?

23Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sun Jun 03 2012, 17:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So how are you finding the Jubilee weekend so far?

The Queen has been to the Epsom Derby, as she does every year.

The Queen went to see England at Wembley, as she has done countless other times.

This afternoon BBC1 has been given over to endless footage of a load of boats on the Thames in the pissing down rain, hardly a unique event. I am enjoying seeing all the sycophants getting wet.

I will give the concert a go this evening mainly because I understand Madness and Paul McCartney are performing.

24Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sun Jun 03 2012, 17:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick of the sight of the queen, and everyone pretending to enjoy themselves.

25Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sun Jun 03 2012, 17:59

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll have a little bit of respect for the occasion if she announces her abdication at the concert tonight, just after Madness finish 'The Return of the Las Palmas 7'.

26Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sun Jun 03 2012, 18:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So at the end of that shit this afternoon, the BBC asked the historian who had been in the studio all day, Anna Whitelock, to summarise the day.

This is what she said:

"The Queen's pledged herself again to her people. She's stood up the whole way through which I think says everything. And in this long conversation that's been going on for centuries between royalty and the people, I think this moves into a whole new phase. I think it's a kind of cathartic conversation that's been played out between the people and the monarchy today over the river."

This is a historian. An educated woman coming out with this absolute BOLLOCKS. This country makes me sick.

27Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Sun Jun 03 2012, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

This is a historian. An educated woman coming out with this absolute BOLLOCKS. This country makes me sick.

I'm moving to Greece in a few years, you can come with me.

28Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Mon Jun 04 2012, 18:54

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't see this thread. Did anyone see those twerps camping out on Saturday night to get a good view point by the Thames? Jesus there are some really stupid people about aren't there? What possesses anyone to camp out to get a good view point by the Thames? Its long enough to find somewhere to stand and watch it.

As for that historian - the only reason the Queen stood up throughout was because she didn't want a wet arse.

29Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Mon Jun 04 2012, 21:40

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair the main idea around the jubilee is that its just a damn good party, you don't have to 'love the queen' to take part just like you don't have to believe in Jesus to enjoy Christmas, its a family and community event where everyone has fun, comes together and enjoys themselves.. not complain.

30Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Mon Jun 04 2012, 21:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:its a family and community event where everyone has fun, comes together and enjoys themselves.. not complain.

I only come on here to complain, don't spoil my fun.

31Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Mon Jun 04 2012, 21:43

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:its a family and community event where everyone has fun, comes together and enjoys themselves.. not complain.

I only come on here to complain, don't spoil my fun.

Well I suppose its ok if your having fun Very Happy

32Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Tue Jun 05 2012, 13:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Not that i give a toss about the royals, but what the fuck is that geordie bint standing next to lizzie for? and that other no mark gary barlow, what is wrong with this country. Stevie wonder that cant be his real name singing happy birthday didn,t anyone tell him its not her birthday. She sat there not impressed looking like a constipated guppy. Elton johns looking more like rita from corrie these days and his voice is shot. All the acts apart from mccartney brill live and let die, madness and shirley,s diamonds were crap. Barlows song was crap. Williams needs shooting ugly bastard singing mack the fucking knife, he,s a legend in his own arsehole.

33Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Tue Jun 05 2012, 13:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A lot of washed up has beens on the show last night, how Barlow has suddenly become the Queens royal body guard I will never know. Rolf Harris is a fucking brown noser of the highest order too.

Oh and Paul Mcartney couldn't sing to save his life.

34Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Tue Jun 05 2012, 13:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Because I hade notheng better to do, I started watching the Thames flotilla. I couldn't believe the quality of the presenting, and the inane comments. Absolutely disgraceful. An event that probably won't happen for God knows how long, and they let a bunch of uncoordinated, clueless prats manage it all. The sound was pathetic, and how come we had to watch some of it through cameras that were running with rain, which apparently the operator was too f'ing stupid to wipe. Watched the first couple of 'songs' and laboured attempts at humour on the variety show. Again the sound was abysmal, so watched something else. For such an occassion, the BBC coverage was extremely amateurish, and very very poor.

35Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Tue Jun 05 2012, 13:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I am biased but I thought Madness and Macca were brilliant. In fact I agree with Angry Dad 's post above.

I was laughing my ass off when Stevie W sang happy birthday, this followed on from Grace Jones actually wishing the queen a happy birthday at the end of her 'song'. Typical Americans.

Tom Jones did an amazing 'Delilah' just before the queen actually turned up. Shirley Bassey was fab.

I saw Shirley Bassey at Glasto one year. Two things I observed, one, she has greater stage presence than any other performing artist I've ever seen, she is colossal, and secondly she is the only artist who has come to the end of a song which the crowd loved ('Goldfinger') and said, "you guys really loved that - so we are going to play it again" and actually performed the whole song again from the start. Marvellous.

36Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 01:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

aaron_bwfc wrote:A lot of washed up has beens on the show last night, how Barlow has suddenly become the Queens royal body guard I will never know. Rolf Harris is a fucking brown noser of the highest order too.

Oh and Paul Mcartney couldn't sing to save his life.
Is that right you immature knob. He,s 70 next year smoked pot for 50 of them and still the man, you expect him to sound like he was 20 still, grow up and see what he is a fucking genius and still rocking at 70 forget the bloody royals macca rules.

37Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 06:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what everyone is saying, I'm glad I missed the whole thing - 3 days of partying followed by the hangover from hell and a long overdue kip fest saw to that. Not often I get days not working so I'm not going to spend them watching boats on the Thames or pop music.

38Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:03

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ha, ha, spoke to my mother on the phone. She has been looking for a Jubilee tin of biscuits so that she can keep the tin as a souvenir. To be fair, she remembers the coronation so its fair enough.

Anyway she saw a nice one in British Home Stores for £7. She picked it up and it was an empty bloody tin!

When else would shops have the cheek to try and sell you an empty sodding biscuit tin for £7?

39Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 22:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, did your mum buy the tin, (just out of interest), as I know a lot of people who would have.

40Diamond Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 22:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry to go off topic but speaking of tin's does anybody know what this Lancashire speak is about them -

Tintintin.

Answer below in white - just copy and paste over to see it -

'It isn't in the tin - tin't in tin!'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum