Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diamond Jubilee

+10
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Michael Bolton
Angry Dad
doffcocker
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Keegan
largehat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 22:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell Sluffy, time for your bed I think Very Happy

42Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 23:07

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:LH, did your mum buy the tin, (just out of interest), as I know a lot of people who would have.

No she didn't. I forgot to mention that £7 was actually half price as well.

We went to Asda earlier and got a nice McVities Jubilee tin, full of very nice biscuits, for £5.

My mother still has a biscuit tin from the Coronation in '53, so I guess I can understand her wanting one to mark the Jubilee.

43Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Wed Jun 06 2012, 23:10

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's/she's not in... what you say over the the phone, to them mithering bastards.

Or when i was younger, to the Rent Man Embarassed

Read it completely Wrong ,thought it said.

Tintin.... sorry.

44Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Thu Jun 07 2012, 02:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it me, or is parading the colours of the Union Jack in celebration of the Royal Family completely unBritish?
I can't believe the fuss so many people have made over this Jubilee. The irony being that the majority will spend their lives slagging people that live their lives courtesy of the taxpayer.

45Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Thu Jun 07 2012, 11:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not just tax payers, but did you know the monarchy also own 75% of the land in Lancashire and other parts of the country - so they are landowners. Duke of Westminster, also part of the Royal Family, and looks after their interest via his landowning companies, owns 90% of Cheshire plus large interests in Derbyshire and Merseyside. Other incomes via jobs, they do, appearances and income via the opening of palaces such as Windsor and part opening of Buckingham - and yet they still leach of the tax-payer.. But all the ROyalists can say is that they are worth the money given to them - what about anyone else, are they not worth the money to keeping the country going and not becoming a back-water country???

46Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Thu Jun 07 2012, 12:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

do you know what....

ive always been in favour of our royal family as im very Pro-British.

however, the more i read larghats posts... the more i start to see that he makes a very valid point.

47Diamond Jubilee - Page 3 Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Thu Jun 07 2012, 21:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

In todays financial climate, if the Royal family, or assocaiated interests didn't 'own' so much land then you can guarantee that it would have been sold off to foreign interests by now. It would go the same way as many of our influential and money-making companies. I see no reason why some people are so keen to knock this country, and bear in mind that we obviously must be doing sonething right, because thats why everyone wants to come here, not just for the benefits, but to work. having said that, it really pisses me off when we give everythng away, and follow every EU rule to the letter. Lets be honest, you can't blame immigrants for making use of whats available.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum