Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Derby

+19
wessy
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
bryan458
rogercpc
Keegan
JAH
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 18:12

Thanks nat. Sounds a bit more spirited

Perhaps we should have kept hall

102Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 18:25

Hall scored today and so did Gregg Wylde.

103Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 18:38

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Considering Ream, Vela and Mavies didn't start, this was a positive result a good 0-0.

The Pluses :
Back four played well, Prince impressed on his debut,
Spearing was playing well until the ref stepped in.

Negatives:
Thought both Pratley and Clough struggled today but both should soon improve.

We held one of the better teams and nearly won it Madine looks useful in the air and Heskey did well once introduced. So good point today

104Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 18:47

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We looked a lot fitter as well, Feeney has improved, he managed to get one cross passed the first defender !!! Result

105Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 18:50

Clough missed some of pre season. Pratley is on his way back from injury too. A few games and these two will be the most important players we have

106Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 19:26

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Looked stronger, fitter and more aggressive. If that is the standard for the rest of the season we will do well.

107Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 19:51

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Certainly encouraging. The pundits that predicted we'd get raped today can all do one. Bat Guano in particular seems to have been an inspired signing - to train for one day and start and do so well means his name wasn't pulled out of a hat. He doesn't know the names of all his teammates yet - he was probably out there shouting jersey numbers! "Oy! #5! Get off yer arse and mark that ugly guy running into space!"

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

108Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 19:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

for a 0-0 it was a great game and a very encouraging performance all round. The back four played particularly well and looked like a good unit. Moxey finally played like he played in his Palace days, Wilson was neat and tidy and Prince for his first game was outstanding and him and Dervite looked decent together.

The only slight issue i have is that we still lack that bit of creativity going forward, Clough did well but tired, Madine led the line very well.

Didn't see if Spearing dived as i was at the other end but i thought he had a good game and his passing was much better.

All in all a great performance and one to give me a bit of hope for the season  Very Happy

109Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 20:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Neil said he deliberately went for legs over creativity which probably explains Danns starting and Velaand Mavies on the bench. I like the feeling of looking down the table at QPR - long may that continue!-

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

110Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 20:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It wasn't a dive, he simply fell over.  Feeney was shite, Trotter was terrible when he came on.  Spearing was good, Danns was a bit careless.  Prince was fantastic! A great find.  I was impressed with Madine. Great in the air - won almost every ball.

111Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 20:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

112Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 20:56

The football league show is on channel 5 in 5 minutes.

113Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 23:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The dive looked pathetic from where I was sat behind the goal, and even more so on tele. 
It's stupid enough without the fact he was already on a yellow card.
Pleased to say I wasn't one of the fans to applaud the idiot off the pitch.

114Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 23:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only just starting to catch up on how we played as I had to work all day.  0-0 with 10 men against one of the best teams in the division? I'll take it. Also very pleasantly surprised to hear the defence being praised and debutants looking good. With vela, davies and Clayton to come back the signs are looking encouraging

115Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sat Aug 08 2015, 23:42

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The way I saw it , he Fell, he even put his hands down to stop himself going face first.

My Mate, who was sat in the WSL said he dived.

Anyway  there's no room for appeal, so he gets a Ban.

116Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sun Aug 09 2015, 00:17

Bolton Nuts

Admin

great highlights video. Except from ir being vertical. But gives you a sense of pressure that you don't see on the highlights show.
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

117Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sun Aug 09 2015, 00:37

Biggie wrote:great highlights video. Except from ir being vertical. But gives you a sense of pressure that you don't see on the highlights show.
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Turn your fucking phone round and do it Landscape rather than Portrait.....

It's not hard!

All the best "Random prick gets twatted the fuck out!!!" videos on YouTube are all filmed in Landscape.

David Bailey said so.

118Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Sun Aug 09 2015, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a pleasant surprise that was!
I wasn't alone in thinking Derby would muller us but in putting out a hard-working team Lennon showed astute tactical nous and gave me some hope for the season. No way will we be relegated if we perform like that every week.
My mates' verdict on performances was:
Gouano - wow! What an excellent signing - shame he's on loan.
Dervite - bit of a liability
Moxey - actually reliable for once and much better than previously
Wilson - shaky performance and needs to work on a few areas of his game
Spearing - much better but still a twat. Whilst he's suspended mate would like to see Vela take on the role, but personally I'd love it if Ream was given a chance - or at least tried out in training - but we've been saying that for years and it won't happen. None of us think Medo will get a look-in.
Clough - too lightweight and easily knocked off the ball. It's a worry that he'd be a passenger if teams man-mark him.
Feeney - headless chicken. We need better delivery either by signing a new winger or loaning that kid from City, or bringing in e.g. Pisano - or both. Or playing Walker or even Thomas. What is certain is that a lot of good possession was wasted by Feeney which frustrates everyone.
Heskey - talk about an impact sub? He and Madine (who did a great job throughout) scared Derby sh1tless
Trotter - prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when he came on but immediately gave it away so continues to beggar belief as to why he gets a shot.
Everyone else - OK apparently.

Personally, I'm very encouraged as I thought we'd be cannon fodder but after that I reckon with a few tweaks and maybe a signing or two we could become a very decent team.

119Bolton 0-0 Derby - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Derby Tue Aug 11 2015, 08:53

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Quite an impressive display, but please Neil leave Trotter on the bench or even better loan him out !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum