Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Spearing back? (as in back back)

+11
Keegan
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The ref was harsh but Spearing could have avoided the booking by getting on with it IMO.
Sometimes it's about working out what the ref might be thinking and taking no chances.

Did you go or are you watching from TV? Working out what the ref was thinking, good luck with that he was a real tool.

Spearing was very cute as the ball dropped he did the unexpected and fooled the defence to get into a very good position, But then tripped over purely from loss of balance or the ball caught in his feet, he didn't dive it wasn't simulation.

it was however a fool of a ref who prior to this was blowing for anything and everything, a shocking decision at a time when we were on top and Spearing was the driving force. He played well and we should appeal.
unfortunately, you cant appeal a red card that was the result of 2 yellows, you can only appeal a straight red. I wasn't there and only saw highlights, to me he didn't appeal for the penalty, the defender asked for him not to be booked, and I thought it v harsh. BUT ref hadn't had a good game, Spearing already on a yellow, why give him the opportunity? Bouncing up, saying he tripped, would prob have done it, agree shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Spearing was probably a bit tired. You can't usually accuse him of being lazy on the pitch and he had been working hard. He fell after a hard run very late in the game so to send him off for bring winded after a fall was a dick move.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Im not wishing to cause a row. But WHY should spearing have to over exagerate the fact that he DIDNT dive. Sueely then he would be SIMULATING. he did what was NATURAL and put his head down wondering how he messed the play up. He DIDNT wave his arms around as he was going down. He DIDNT get up and start shouting for a penalty he was ruing a missed opportunity. So to counteract shit refs from now on players will have to simulate that they DIDNT simulate? Its bollocks. Fuck the ref. He got it WRONG. full stop. He fell, he was gutted he missed an opportunity and he got sent off for it. Regardless whether you can appeal or not, it was the wrong decision and although it wont affect him being banned for one game the ref in question should be disciplined. If i go into work tomorrow and fuck something up that is detrimental to the company i am working on behalf of id expect a bollocking. The ref should too. The TWAT

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was in NSL didn't dive, he tripped or slipped, there was no appeal for a penalty. The standard of officials in this division is appalling and most of them seem to think they are the ones we pay to see, he had decent game in the 1st half but lost the plot after half time, he saw his opportunity to have his name in the papers and took his opportunity.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:Im not wishing to cause a row.  But WHY should spearing have to over exagerate the fact that he DIDNT dive.  Sueely then he would be SIMULATING. he did what was NATURAL and put his head down wondering how he messed the play up.  He DIDNT wave his arms around as he was going down.  He DIDNT get up and start shouting for a penalty he was ruing a missed opportunity.  So to counteract shit refs from now on players will have to simulate that they DIDNT simulate?  Its bollocks.  Fuck the ref.  He got it WRONG.  full stop.  He fell, he was gutted he missed an opportunity and he got sent off for it.  Regardless whether you can appeal or not, it was the wrong decision and although it wont affect him being banned for one game the ref in question should be disciplined.  If i go into work tomorrow and fuck something up that is detrimental to the company i am working on behalf of id expect a bollocking.  The ref should too.  The TWAT
each team fills out a report for the assessor, and gives a score, and on any big decision given/not given, there will have been a discussion about the rights and wrongs with all the officials. I had one ref watch a post match video and phone up to apologise for getting a pen decision wrong, I respected him so much more for it, nowt you can do about result, but prefer acknowledgement of error rather than pretending infallibility. On the substantive y2j, you are of course right, in principle, but a bit more nous may have kept him on the pitch, whether or not that should be right imo.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Im not wishing to cause a row.  But WHY should spearing have to over exagerate the fact that he DIDNT dive.  Sueely then he would be SIMULATING. he did what was NATURAL and put his head down wondering how he messed the play up.  He DIDNT wave his arms around as he was going down.  He DIDNT get up and start shouting for a penalty he was ruing a missed opportunity.  So to counteract shit refs from now on players will have to simulate that they DIDNT simulate?  Its bollocks.  Fuck the ref.  He got it WRONG.  full stop.  He fell, he was gutted he missed an opportunity and he got sent off for it.  Regardless whether you can appeal or not, it was the wrong decision and although it wont affect him being banned for one game the ref in question should be disciplined.  If i go into work tomorrow and fuck something up that is detrimental to the company i am working on behalf of id expect a bollocking.  The ref should too.  The TWAT
each team fills out a report for the assessor, and gives a score, and on any big decision given/not given, there will have been a discussion about the rights and wrongs with all the officials. I had one ref watch a post match video and phone up to apologise for getting a pen decision wrong, I respected him so much more for it, nowt you can do about result, but prefer acknowledgement of error rather than pretending infallibility. On the substantive y2j, you are of course right, in principle, but a bit more nous may have kept him on the pitch, whether or not that should be right imo.

It would be wrong for Spearing to have to put on a show for the ref. It's morally ugly. But professional players generally do put on a show for the ref with their body language and sometimes verbally whenever there's a decision to be made.
Would I condone Spearing jumping to his feet and indicating he'd slipped? Yes I would, but he either didn't think of it or was hoping for something or was genuinely too knackered to move. Looked like he stayed down for a while to me but we don't know if it even crossed his mind to get up so it would be wrong to blame him.
Implying he may still be a bit petulant was me blaming him for which I apologise.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Doffy, you're still young but you are already displaying disturbingly cynical tendencies regarding The Wanderers, mate.

I hit 35 before I decided that they were all feckless knobs who weren't capable and should be shot in the head for (A) being shit and (B) not giving a shit.

Take a step back and just enjoy it - there's plenty of time for being a grumpy twat when you're older.

Trust me, mate......

(I had to put up with Simon Rudge and his ilk - ask your old man.)

Doffy was a late addition to the family Breaders, when he made his debut aged 8 at a 2-0 away defeat to Tranmere I was already 45 and well entrenched in the grumpy old twat stage of supporting Wanderers so I think his cynical tendencies are probably my fault.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Good man, Hip Priest.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Fwiw, i thought it wasn't a pen or a dive. I didn't think he appealed for it either. The way he lay on the floor was the same as how a striker lays on the floor for a second after missing a good chance or after just missing a diving header.

It was like an "oh damn, i nearly had that!" sort of flop.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:Fwiw, i thought it wasn't a pen or a dive. I didn't think he appealed for it either. The way he lay on the floor was the same as how a striker lays on the floor for a second after missing a good chance or after just missing a diving header.

It was like an "oh damn, i nearly had that!" sort of flop.
It was an "ah sh*t" moment to me.  He never appealed for a penalty and only the defender appealed to the ref.  Spearing seemed innocent to me and somewhat upset at himself.  But that is what it looked like to me?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll miss the cup game and that's that, but I just hope that the next time he plays he plays as well as he did against Derby. It could be like a new signing and if it works out, all praise to Neil for managing a very tricky situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum