Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MK Dons 1-0 Bolton

+14
doffcocker
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
JAH
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Bolton Wanderers search for an opening win of the new season will go on after being edged out by a solitary goal against MK Dons at stadiummk on Tuesday evening.

Despite knocking on the MK Dons door for large periods, Bolton were unable to put the ball in the back of the net for the fourth consecutive game of the 2015/16 campaign.

In the end substitute Daniel Powell’s second half strike for the home side, arguably against the run of play, ensured Bolton and their 1,000-strong travelling support headed back up the M6 with nothing to show for their efforts.

TEAM NEWS

Neil Lennon made a total of three changes to the starting line-up that had previously taken to the field against Middlesbrough.

Strike duo Zach Clough and Gary Madine were in from the off, as was full-back Lawrie Wilson, as Bolton reverted to a flat back four.

FIRST HALF

Bolton started the game on the frontfoot, snapping into a number of early tackles in the midfield areas.

The first effort on goal of any note from either side came in the 15th minute.

Dean Moxey received the ball 30 yards from goal, threw a marker off the ball with a clever feint, before letting fly with a stinging shot that was palmed over the bar by Dons goalkeeper David Martin.

Bolton came even closer from the resulting corner, as Prince Desire-Gouano headed within a foot of the far post from Liam Feeney’s delivery.

Moments later Christian Benavente cut infield from the left before seeing a curling effort comfortably saved by Ben Amos.

Bolton looked at their most dangerous when Clough assumed possession in the MK Dons half. On one occasion everyone inside stadiummk watched on open-mouthed, as the diminutive frontman slalomed beyond no fewer than four Dons defenders over a 40-yard space before being dispossessed by a last ditch challenge inside the area.

Carl Baker then engineered half-a-yard of space on the edge of the area before seeing a low shot once again gobbled up by Amos.

As half time approached, Clough brought a superb save from Martin, who somehow tipped a first-time shot onto the bar after a clever knockdown from Madine.

SECOND HALF

Bolton continued to look the more likely to break the deadlock after the interval.

On 55 minutes Madine expertly controlled a long pass forward from Wilson, shrugged off a couple of defenders before seeing a late tackle deny him an opportunity to shoot goalwards.

But on the hour mark the home side scored, arguably against the run of play.

Samir Carruthers slipped a clever ball in behind the Bolton backline to find substitute Powell, who after steadying himself curled an effort beyond Amos and into the far corner.

Dorian Dervite nodded a Feeney corner wide, as Bolton immediately went in search of a route back into the match.

Lennon then added further firepower to the frontline by introducing Emile Heskey from the bench.

But Bolton’s frustrations would only grow further, as Clough saw a sweeping first-time shot from Moxey’s low centre loop over the Dons crossbar.

Martin was then on hand to first beat away another Clough effort, with Heskey’s rebound somehow then gathered by the Dons stopper.

Heskey then saw a late header saved by Martin.

In the end that would prove the story of the night, plenty of opportunities but nothing to show for the team’s efforts.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get battered in our next game, you ain't seen nothing yet.....

Baby Baby you ain't seen nothing yet.

43MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:54

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

I am not looking forward to Saturday !

44MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I made a schoolboy error in predicting 1 - 1 in this game and should have factored in zero goals scored in our last 6 games. Wow.

45MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 22:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Me too lusty, but lennon did tell us that the goals would come based on the chances we're creating. blame him. not yourself.

46MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 22:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seriously dark times now.

47MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 22:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1,092 BWFC fans attended this game.

48MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 22:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll be a good side if we can get a goal scorer

49MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Tue Aug 18 2015, 22:31

karlypants wrote:1,092 BWFC victims attended this game.

Fixed

50MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Wed Aug 19 2015, 13:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gonna watch it on wanderers player later no spoilers please.

51MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Wed Aug 19 2015, 13:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Three games in ....23rd in the table and bounced out of the cup by a pub team...... all sounds vaguely familiar doesn't it.

52MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Wed Aug 19 2015, 15:05

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Gonna watch it on wanderers player later no spoilers please.

We won 6-0

53MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 08:43

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I went to this game, my first game in ages.  Thought that Clough and Vela, played well, and Clough did remind me of Freddie Hill. No one else stands out, although I did think that Emile Heskey brought a lot of needed experience on to the pitch.  From the time MKDons scored, the shoulders drooped, and I think we need a striker.

54MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 10:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rogercpc wrote:I went to this game, my first game in ages.  Thought that Clough and Vela, played well, and Clough did remind me of Freddie Hill. No one else stands out, although I did think that Emile Heskey brought a lot of needed experience on to the pitch.  From the time MKDons scored, the shoulders drooped, and I think we need a striker.

Interesting perspective Rog.

Heskey gets a lot of stick, but he's always been excellent at holding up the ball and bringing others into to play - even if his goal scoring ratio isn't great despite 100+ premier league goals.
All well and good getting the ball to stick when we hoof it forward but the fans want goals. I just think it could actually be worse without Heskey - although that could all change if we get Pisano in and Wellington performs well as both could feed Madine and Clough who then have to produce the finishes required leaving Heskey on the bench.

55MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 10:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the derby game and honestly I don't think we played that well. Not sure why they got such glowing reviews. Gonna watch this game now. 

Clough was anonymous against Derby. I'd like to see him play deeper to be honest.

56MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 18:14

Still no match report on the BN website.

Wonder what that's all about?

57MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The full match isn't on wanderers player yet, watched the "extended highlights" and Heskey should have scored 2, missed 2 absolute sitters. Clough should have scored 1 as well, good save but it was an open goal.

58MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 18:34

Good save but an open goal-  Surely not an open goal then?

59MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 18:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's a turn of phrase isn't it, he had the whole goal to pick and he hit it straight at the keeper.

60MK Dons 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Aug 20 2015, 18:54

So are penalty misses "open goals" then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum