Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benefit cheats

+4
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
MartinBWFC
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Benefit cheats Empty Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Since returning to the UK I have lived off my savings, I have been offered numerous jobs, and not once did I contemplate applying for benefits, I then became sick, and applied for benefits, this was just under 3 weeks ago, as of today I have not received a penny in benefits, now bear in mind I have worked overseas for 12 years, and because of this I am apparently not entitled to any.

So I sit down and watch TV tonight to see folks getting up to 250 quid a fortnight whilst working on the side, I am unable to take up any of my job offers due to the nature of my illness, yet I am struggling to get any assistance, it's a fucking disgrace that these leeches are able to work and claim benefits, and here I am struggling to buy essentials, this Country is on it's arse.

2Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you pay the voluntary national insurance contribution for the last 12 years?

Not only would that help your state pension but also give you the same right to benefits if needed no?

It could also be due to the amount of savings you have in the bank.

3Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You are obviously one of the people the DWP are saying are impressed with less money to live on!
My daughter spent nine months in Oz a couple of years ago and when she returned she was told no money for 12 weeks.
Fortunately she was working within a month.
It would appear there is a waiting period.
That cnut IDS denies folk cash but takes £39 from the public purse for his dinner every day I read in an article today.

4Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That really is a bloke I would like to give a good hiding to!!!

5Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BASTARD!
Benefit cheats Snaps_ids-about-ap_3368683a

6Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:BASTARD!
Benefit cheats Snaps_ids-about-ap_3368683a
Going off on one but you would have thought that he would have made his appearance better by shaving the sides of his head seeing that he is completely polished on top! Very Happy

7Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 21:08

Its a disgrace martin. Try the citizens advice bureau. They can help. Don't get yourself stressed as hard as it will be. Hope you get sorted mate

8Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 21:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Martin I would head over to www.moneysavingexpert.com to their benefit section on their forum as there are tons of people there that can help you mate.

Good luck Smile

9Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 22:32

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You may have to take the "Habitual Residency Test" to prove you are going to stay here. Then you need to claim Income support, pending an appeal to get sickness benefit or similar. As said MSE and get some good advice. Website below. Don't get angry, get what you're entitled to. You should sign on anyway to get pension stamp credits for later. Hope things go well.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

10Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 23:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks for the info guys, it was more to point out the discrepancies within the system, seems it's far too easy to defraud the benefits system than it is to get on the benefits ladder.

11Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Wed Aug 19 2015, 23:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get in touch with your housing department and claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction. You're entitled to something as a returning UK national so don't let them fob you off. In the meantime ask JCP about support pending your claim being accepted. Also from advice site :-

[ltr]Crisis loan[/ltr]
[ltr]Similar to budgeting loans except are available for everyone, regardless of what benefits (if any) you are receiving. You can apply for this if you have run up your repayment limit on budget loans. They are processed faster than budgeting loans.[/ltr]
[ltr]They are for expenses from an emergency, unforeseen crisis, or disaster.[/ltr]

• [ltr]To prevent serious damage or risk to claimant or families health and safety[/ltr]

• [ltr]Is the only way of preventing the serious damage or risk[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - loss of money or giro, and need money for food/fuel[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - awaiting benefit claim outcome / benefit payment, and need money for food/fuel[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - rent in advance (if landlord is not local authority)[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - essential household items and furniture if on IB or otherwise unable to apply for CCGs and BLs.[/ltr]

12Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Thu Aug 20 2015, 00:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bollotom2014 wrote:Get in touch with your housing department and claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction. You're entitled to something as a returning UK national so don't let them fob you off. In the meantime ask JCP about support pending your claim being accepted. Also from advice site :-

[ltr]Crisis loan[/ltr]

[ltr]Similar to budgeting loans except are available for everyone, regardless of what benefits (if any) you are receiving. You can apply for this if you have run up your repayment limit on budget loans. They are processed faster than budgeting loans.[/ltr]

[ltr]They are for expenses from an emergency, unforeseen crisis, or disaster.[/ltr]

• [ltr]To prevent serious damage or risk to claimant or families health and safety[/ltr]

• [ltr]Is the only way of preventing the serious damage or risk[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - loss of money or giro, and need money for food/fuel[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - awaiting benefit claim outcome / benefit payment, and need money for food/fuel[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - rent in advance (if landlord is not local authority)[/ltr]

• [ltr]E.g. - essential household items and furniture if on IB or otherwise unable to apply for CCGs and BLs.[/ltr]

That's very helpful, thank you.

13Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Thu Aug 20 2015, 10:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This kind of stigma peddled by shaming the very worst of a small minority of claimants need to stop. 

Welfare is the very basis of a just society IMO. Genuine people who want to get on in life but can't for one reason or another claim. I'm happy to support them with my tax. The authorities can do their job and punish any offenders. 

Oh and you'll get ESA instantly Martin because you're ill and not able to work.

14Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Thu Aug 20 2015, 11:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This kind of stigma peddled by shaming the very worst of a small minority of claimants need to stop. 

Welfare is the very basis of a just society IMO. Genuine people who want to get on in life but can't for one reason or another claim. I'm happy to support them with my tax. The authorities can do their job and punish any offenders. 
:agree:

15Benefit cheats Empty Re: Benefit cheats Thu Aug 20 2015, 17:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers guys, might try to put a few claims in myself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum